Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Smartwatches - Fitbit OS 4.2.1 Firmware Update (72.1.9)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 1/20/2021: We've updated to 100%

We started releasing Fitbit OS 4.2.1 to Versa, Versa Lite, and Versa 2 customers. This is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

*Firmware releases aren't distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. 

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED 

Read our help article for the latest updates. 

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Find step-by-step instructions for updating Versa smartwatch here

If you run into any trouble updating your Fitbit device, review these troubleshooting tips. If you have issues after completing the update, try restarting the watch. 

VERSA LITE users - If you have trouble updating the firmware:

Follow the steps in this help article where we outline troubleshooting steps just for Versa Lite. 

We appreciate your patience while we work to roll this out to everyone. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone.

Thank you all for your participation in this thread. Please know all of your feedback has been passed on to the team at this time. We look forward to bringing you our next firmware release, please stay tuned. We will be closing this thread for further responses.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
518 REPLIES 518

Had issues with update. Lost a couple of app icons - even though the “invisible” icons still launched app. Also there were some code looking displays on screen that did not make sense. Tried rebooting and restarting. Didn’t waste any of my further time—- I did a factory reset to get my watch back to normal with update.  Time well spent not to think about it anymore... even with the need to reload any extra apps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Troubleshooting tips did not help with the versa lite.  Mine was rendered useless as it kept restarting repeatedly  

73B82A1E-7A0C-46DC-B379-ECB67B04B6C7.jpeg

Best Answer

I got the update yesterday, thankfully I decided to wait and hear back from other users. Why do Fitbit suck when it comes to firmware updates?

Best Answer

After the update, I cannot sync between my peloton and my fitbit and my heart rate zones are not matching my actual heart rate during the exercises.

Best Answer

You will know you are on the new firmware once a banner appears in your app. If you are experiencing a different issue please find a similar thread or post in a new thread, we want to keep this on topic. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Would this be why I can't add the Sp0 watch?

Best Answer

I installed the new verse 2 firmware update when the iOS app screen showed it available. No issue on install. That was 1/13/2021. On 1/14, I noticed the battery decreasing faster than normal. Battery went from 63% yesterday afternoon to 27% this morning. Recharging right now. Watch seems to be working correctly, but wondering if there has been a change in settings that I need to redo. I have watch on dim screen, 10 sec off, same as in past, and only recharged every 4 days or so. 

Best Answer

I’m having trouble with that watch face too! Keeps saying my Fitbit needs updating, yet when I check for the update it says my watch is updated. It’s so annoying 

Best Answer

Does this update look like logo with japanese words going by. I can't do anything with my versa due to this. 

Best Answer
Factory reset worked for me.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer

Updated OS Today Fitbit app shows 100% battery level does not show any usage two installed apps show 86% .fitbot app before was always correct.

Best Answer

Exactly how far behind is my firmware? My "about" screen says 32.71.6.19, which seems lightyears behind...

Best Answer

My firmware update seemed to install fine, but ever since it updated it seems much harder to earn active zone minutes.  I despise AZMs and like so many others wish I had active minutes back, but I especially dislike AZMs under the new update.  I really like my versa 2 overall, but I like it much less with AZMs

Best Answer

an example - I did the same workout before the update and after and earned less than half of the AZMs after the update 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer

since installing the update the dashboard is not working, not responding to taps or swipes. I restarted, synced, etc. to no avail. I am becoming more dissatisfied with the Versa 2 purchased in November daily. 

Best Answer

Heart rate is so inaccurate and my battery DRAINS since the update! I went from having to charge every couple of days to every day. Please fix the issues!!!

-----------------------------

I wanted to add that just now, laying in bed, I manually took my pulse and it was 60 BPM but my versa is showing 112! This is ridiculous!!! 

Best Answer

Hi, I recently updated my Versa 2. It was working fine until this morning.  I woke up this morning and already showed logging over 7k steps. I also got my time for bed notification at 10am not 10pm. The clock seems to be right but not the data. I have deleted the app, reloaded, remove from my account and reset my device as well as reloaded and synced my app. What do I do next? I love and depend on my Versa!

Best Answer

HR reading on Versa 2 is totally inaccurate during workouts since recent update. Versa 2 is essentially saying I'm sitting still while I'm busting my **ahem** during my workout. It only seems remotely accurate if I am running. Very disappointing. 

Best Answer

My Versa 2 firmware is stuck at 35.70.7.14, it doesn't show any new update available

Best Answer