Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not responding after factory reset

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa would not sync with my phone app or pc account, messaged Fitbit customer service who went through all of the troubleshooting again with me (I had already done this) and it still didn't work. Was then advised to do a Factory Reset which I said I would do once I had time as they have you on forever doing this and that...so, I have done a factory reset and now my watch is just showing the Fitbit logo and telling me to install the app. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my phone and it brings up my usual account but the watch is still showing Fitbit logo. When I go to add a 'new device' to the app it cannot find my watch. I'm losing faith in this watch now and I am not happy at all, I've had it since May and it's been fine up until a few days ago. The message service seems closed now and now I have no watch and a useless app.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I had the same thing happened to me today. The only thing that worked was to actually restart my phone then go to the Fitbit app and set up device and it'll replace your current Versa device hope that helps

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
198 REPLIES 198

@disey43 A warm welcome to our Community! Sorry to hear that your Versa is unresponsive after the factory reset. Charge it for a couple of hours and then try restarting it by doing the following:

1.- Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
2.- Let go of the buttons.
3.- If your Fitbit watch doesn't work normally, use the instructions in How do I turn off my Fitbit device? to turn your watch off and on again. 

After this retry the setup.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Can you please help me very urgently! I accidentally did a factory reset on my Versa and now I don't have a clue how to get it on again! Can you please email me step by step how to do it! Thank you so much! 

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer

What did they say mine is like that

Best Answer

@disey43 @Rissiepit @Kamels If you performed a factory reset, you need to set up your Versa again:

1. Make sure you have deleted Versa from your phone's Bluetooth settings

2. Reboot your phone

3. Reboot your Versa by pressing and holding the left and bottom right buttons until Fitbit logo flashes

4. Place Versa in the charger near your router as you will be using WIFI to download the firmware

5. Open Fitbit mobile app and log in

6. Add a device, choose Versa, it will ask you if you want to replace the old one. Say yes.

7. Follow the instructions on the screen.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer

What can b done to fix my fitbit

Watch I have not had I Year yet.

Birthday gift from granddaughter. I

Don't where it every day. I am very disappointed mmm this product an 

Cost. And just stop charging it keeps

Repeating the same lines over an over

What to do. At the cost of this. :watch:.john k

Best Answer

Did factory reset on my Fitbit versa and it went unresponsive and black screen . 

Nothing helps now . Tried to put on charging as the last option. 

I purchased this from amazon in USA but currently using it in India . 

Is it possible to get it repaired or replaced asap. 

Please let me know . 

Best Answer

@Ishan64 Leave it in the charger for several hours to make sure the battery is fully charged, then try 3-button factory reset:

1. Press and hold all 3 buttons until Fitbit logo flashes (this may take up to 3 minutes)
  2. After Fitbit logo disappears, release the bottom right button
  3. Wait until you feel strong vibration and release the other buttons.

You may need to attempt the reset a few times to find the optimal times. Trying holding the buttons longer, as long as it's needed for the vibration to appear.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

Thanks for the response. 

I have tried all these steps but my Fitbit is still unresponsive. 

It says be motivated. How could I when my brand new Fitbit behaves like this . And I am in India and there is no service Center where I can show this up. 

And support desk is responding my mails but in one day they just send one email. I wanted my replacement process to be started asap. But not getting any support

i have already created a case also. 

Best Answer

@Ishan64 Have you tried pressing all 3 buttons for a very long time? At least 3 minutes? Re Customer Support, have you tried calling? (877) 623-4997 Btw, Fitbit does not have any repair/service centres .

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
Thanks for the response. I tried pressing all three buttons for a very long time more thank 3 mins also. But no response.
I am asking the support team to initiate the replacement process but no respond from them too. They are always wanting some or other videos. I am sitting with a brand new faulty device which is very irritating.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@Ishan64 I agree. At this point you need Customer Supports help. I know it's frustrating but it's a process that one has go through. They really do try to help. Have you tried ringing them? Might be easier to escalate this way.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

Thanks for the response yes they are helping. But I feel like process over here in India is quite slow. I have given them my address. And they are figuring out to transfer it and replace it with a new pebble. But things taking quite a long time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Requesting support team to kindly do initiate my replacement process. My address is asked and they sent a mail to HUB but awaiting long for the reply . I am sitting with a brand new faulty device. It’s really irritating. Please do help asap . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is you get response from team or replace your watch. As same problem facing by me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same thing happened to me today. The only thing that worked was to actually restart my phone then go to the Fitbit app and set up device and it'll replace your current Versa device hope that helps

Best Answer

@Kahays61 thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. 🙂

I appreciate you have joined us and let us know the troubleshooting steps you followed in order to resolve this situation on your side. I'm very glad to know restarting your phone and setting up your Versa as a new device helped you. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Anyone respond to you? This just happened to me 😓

Best Answer
I had to go into the Fitbit app and set up the device again it should delete the current device and then it worked fine hope that helps

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

That does not work.  I've had problems since day one.  Buying the versa was a waste of money.  Chating or calling the 800 number is a waste of time because they don't know what they're doing and are useless.  I've been trying to get mine back on for almost an hour and the screen is still black.  There's a number of people who are having same issues why can't Fitbit fix it?

Best Answer