Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not tracking heart rate

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Versa heart rate has stopped working. Tried restarting, turning heart rate on and off, factory reset, etc... but nothing works. This seems to be a common problem amongst Versa users recently. What is the fix?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, 

Thank you for the detailed information shared and the troubleshooting performed prior to posting. 

I see where your frustration is coming from. If your Versa smartwatch isn't tracking heart rate, confirm these tips have been performed, this to ensure that your Fitbit can read your heart rate. 

If the troubleshooting has been performed but you're still experiencing difficulties, get in touch with our Support team, they'll be happy to continue assisting you. 

Last but not least, this thread will be closed but feel free to open a new one if needed. 

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
96 REPLIES 96

Hello @RK-FB, it's nice to see you again participating here in the Community Forums. 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for trying some troubleshooting steps before posting over here, I understand how frustrating this matter can be for you. To better assist you with this situation, can you please let me know if the heart rate sensors of your device are still flashing or are they completely unresponsive? Did you experience this situation in the past or is it the first time? If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check the information that's specified on our help article: Why don't I see my heart rate on my Fitbit device? and try the troubleshooting steps to fix the heart rate sensors of your Fitbit device.

Looking forward to your reply. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried all of the proposed solutions but none have resolved the problem. Currently the heart rate sensors are completely unresponsive. No flashing lights at all. This is the first time that I’ve had a problem with the heart rate sensor.

Best Answer

Heart rate monitoring on Versa still not working. No lights. Everything else seems to be working. Have tried everything suggested. What other options are there? Thanks.

Best Answer

Your reply is appreciated @RK-FB.

I'm sorry to know that you're still experiencing difficulties with the heart rate sensors of your Fitbit Versa despite trying some troubleshooting steps, your patience with this situation is appreciated. Because the previous steps didn't solve the issue, please try the ones below and let me know if the issue persists:

1. On the device, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive). 
  3. When the device vibrates, release all buttons. 
  4. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.
  5. When the device successfully resets, please use the normal out of the box process of updating the firmware. You can check: How do I update my Fitbit device? for more details. 

Take in consideration that a factory reset deletes any stored data, which includes all data that hasn't synced to your Fitbit account and your applications, alarms, etc. 

Let me know if further assistance is needed and if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your assistance but I have tried EVERYTHING suggested and nothing has resolved the issue whereby the heart monitoring is not working (no lights on back of watch). Anything else to try? The watch is not even 2 years old. Thank you.
Best Answer

I am having the same issue on my versa 2. Nothing is flashing. 

Best Answer

Thanks for your update @RK-FB and welcome aboard @Nicole716.

@Nicole716 Your post is appreciated. Before we can move on, can you please confirm that the steps that were shared on this thread were already tried? What was the outcome of the factory reset procedure that was shared on my previous post? I'll be waiting for your reply.

@RK-FB You're welcome, it's a shame that your device is still not tracking your heart rate. Our Support team informed me that they already provided you assistance to resolve this situation. That said, I recommend you to contact them back if you require further assistance or if you have any additional questions about the outcome of your case.

Let me know if you have questions, I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Factory reset did nothing. 

I have a versa 2 so I only have 1 button but I have also shut down multiple times. 

Disconnected from app and set up as new device. 

And cleared device data.

Still nothing. No light is on.

Best Answer

Thanks for your update @Nicole716.

I'm sorry to know that you're still experiencing difficulties with your Versa 2. That said, let me share with you that our Customer Support team was contacted on your behalf to provide you further assistance with the difficulties you're currently experiencing. Please keep an eye on your email inbox because they'll be in touch with you pretty soon. 

In the meantime they contact you, let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having the same issue. My Fitbit (Versa 2) is only a year old and has worked great up until now. A few days ago it froze on my heart rate being 81 and then stopped tracking it all together. I have tried everything, including cleaning the sensor, shutting down the device and restarting, disconnecting from my phone, and still no response, not even a flicker from the green light on the back. I'd love to hear any other solutions people might have found.

Thanks! 

Best Answer

Welcome aboard @April194, thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I appreciate the details that were shared in your post and for trying some troubleshooting steps. For us to move on, can you please try the factory reset procedure that was shared on my previous post

I'll be here. 

Best Answer

@RicardoFitbit  I tried that too and it still isn't working. No heart, no sleep info, and no green lights blinking on the back of the watch.

Best Answer

Thanks for your confirmation @April194.

Because you're still experiencing difficulties with your device, I've created a ticket on your behalf for our Customer Support team to further assist you. Please keep an eye on your email inbox because they'll send you information to get you back on track as soon as possible.

I'll be here if you need anything else, it was a pleasure to assist you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! I'm having the same issue with my Versa. Tried all the resets suggested in this thread and still nothing. No green light on the sensor. Please advise. Thank you!

Best Answer

Hi Ricardo,

I seem to be having these same issues. I have tried all the steps you mentioned above but my fitbit is still unresponsive. Can a ticket please be raised for this?

thank you 

Best Answer

I have the same problem as April194. Green light stopped flashing and no heart rate. Followed the steps before to restart etc but it hasn't worked.  Can you please help? My versa is less than 1 year old.

Best Answer

I am having this same issue since 22/12/20 no heart rate tracking, no lights, have reset multiple times to no avail 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve been having the exact same issues as everyone here with my Fitbit versa 2. The issues started in August when I sent my Fitbit in to get it fixed and after having it sent back it worked normally for a couple weeks & now once again the heart rate monitor is no longer working. I’ve tried everything I’ve restarted it multiple times. It has stopped tracking my heart rate and the green light only will blink for a second or two before it stops and goes dark again after I completely reset the Fitbit. At this point I’m so frustrated and nothing has worked. This is my 2nd time in 6 months that I’m having this issue. I’m starting to think it’s an issue with versa 2 in general. I never had this issue with the older Fitbits. 

Best Answer

Hi @RicardoFitbit,

I have the same problems as the original post. I didn't notice the heart rate monitor wasn't working because everything else is fine with the Versa, but it seems to not have turned on since the beginning of December of 2020. I have tried hard resetting, turning the heart rate on/off in settings, and factory resetting, but nothing has fixed the problem. There is no light coming from the sensor. What is the fix? My Versa is updated to the latest version and is less than a year old.

Thanks

Best Answer