Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa screen fell off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The screen on my Versa fell off, I was not doing anything, I came home from work and noticed the screen has just fell off. Had this happened to anyone else? it's less than a year old, purchased on September 2018 :(. $200!

Best Answer
156 REPLIES 156

My screen is starting to fall off of my versa. Is this fixable? I have had it for about 2 years. I cant understand that you pay a lot of money for something and it lasts only 2 years. I paid $249.

Best Answer

Unfortunately your Fitbit is out of warranty. You can try some carefully placed super glue.

Best Answer
I’ve only had mine since Christmas. Sadly, I have returned to my Charge 3
and if this one goes I’m switching to Samsung (since the price is
comparable now).
Best Answer

I took regular super glue and put a fine line on the top and bottom of the
inner screen. I used a thicker super glue so it didn’t leak into the
electrical contents. Some people on here recommended a different kind of
super glue if you look through the feed. Mines been holding up since then
perfectly fine. I should note I don’t ever have it near water. I didn’t
glue all the way around the screen and I don’t trust that it’s 100% sealed.
But since I bought mine second hand, I can’t complain. Best 60.00 I’ve ever
spent thus far

Super glue wins again!
Super glue - 1million
Warranty - big fat zero

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

This just happened to me a couple weeks ago. I got my Versa when it first came out, so it too was just over a couple years old.

Mine started lifting on one side. So, I simply (slowly and carefully) lifted it the rest of the way off so the screen was fully separated from the body. Be careful, though, as there are connectors going from the screen to the board in the body.

Once separated, I used a tiny tool to fully remove the remainder of the adhesive that kept the screen and body together. Make sure you remove any adhesive from both the body and the screen.

Next, I used a little bit of my wife's jewelry glue (it's pretty thick) and dabbed it in spots all around the body where the screen would lie (there is like a little 'ledge' that the screen sits on). Just use the smallest amount of glue that you can so it doesn't leak into the electronics.

I placed the screen back on and wrapped a couple heavy rubber bands around it to keep the screen firmly secured to the body. I kept it this way for a few hours to really let the glue set.

Removed the rubber bands, and VOILA! Good as new. It's been just fine ever since.

I would imagine that this will make the Versa no longer water resistant as it "looks" like the original adhesive probably created a seal. Removing the adhesive and just "ad-libbing" some glue would probably let water leak in. This didn't bother me as my Versa was never used in water, anyway.

Hope this helps!

Best Answer
Someone else on the thread recommended these

3 Packs Screen Protector Compatible Fitbit Versa, GHIJKL Ultra Slim Soft Full Cover Case for Fitbit Versa, Black, Blue, Purple

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VW6BLN2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_9mWYEbXFRE6DX

That’s what I’ve been using.

But I don’t trust it on my wrist even to give my kids a bath.

I will most likely moving to iOS.

And not that I was going to but another one. Just to drive the point home to Fitbit If they do read these

I have STILL not got my coupon for a new fit bit. Continue to receive marketing emails though.

Oh well.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! I'm sorry for the delayed response. I'm also sorry to hear that your watches are no longer under warranty. I totally understand how you guys feel about this and we appreciate your feedback and comments since this helps us to keep improving.

I'll be around if any question arises.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
Lol that doesn’t help with anything
Best Answer

Call Fitbit support. I had to return my Versa 2 under warranty & wasn't getting any replies after I sent my photo proof with case number. Spoke with a very helpful guy in Columbia & got an email right away saying my new one is on its way. I don’t think their customer service is as constant as it was prior to the COVID.

Best Answer
0 Votes

what kind of glue did you use?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there!

Thanks for reporting the inconvenience you're having with your Versa smartwatches. I appreciate you've taken the time to troubleshooting them prior to contacting us. I must also say that I appreciate you helped each other in order to fix the screen of your smartwatches. I've seem some of you have contacted our Support Team and saw that you were offered a replacement or a discount already.

Note that our main purpose is to avoid negative experiences to our customers, we're always willing to help and provide troubleshooting steps. Then, if the tracker is deemed defective we review eligibility using the one year warranty option. For our full warranty terms and conditions, see our Return Policy and Warranty.

If you've already spoken to our Customer Support Team  who gave a discount option as per our Warranty Policy. This is the best option to help you get back on track with the Fitbit family I'm sure our team will be more than glad to help you further with this. While customer satisfaction remains our number one goal, the demands of running a global business require that we enforce our warranty consistently.   

Let me know if you have any questions present. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I appreciate the sentiment. This doesn't help.

There is a defect. All of these people experienced the same issue, AND the
support rep confirmed it's a known issue with no fix. As far as I can tell
you are not standing by your product.

I work in development, I understand, I'm a number, a small percentage. I
am of no harm to your bottom line, and therefore unimportant to you.
Message received.
Even my company will see these types of reports and do something to correct
it. This is dismissive, and you are promoting the message that my business
is of no concern to you. Even thought I have purchased 3 fitbit products
over the years and been a committed customer for 4 years.

I have decided to delete my account and use a different fitness tracker.

Thank you for contacting me, I wish you all the best. I do hope you find
an way to correct the issue of the face just falling off.

For your reference I did use the protective cases mentioned in that thread,
and while it gave my device another month of life,last night, it just
stopped working.
Best Answer

Happened to me as well. Suddenly. Of course after almost exactly 2yrs, so no warranty. I tried to glue it back carefully, but the touch screen stopped working.
First and last Fitbit I bought. (I had more problems with it, this is just a proverbial "final drop".)
versa.jpg

Best Answer

2518CD33-2F4D-458E-8734-555407AF5287.jpeg

You charge customers a premium price, you should offer premium quality. You have competitors who sell superior quality products and offer superior service, especially when it comes to a known issue, regardless of warranty. By the way, they’re global businesses as well. I’ll be purchasing my next smartwatch/fitness tracker from one of them. 

Best Answer

This literally just happened to me. I looked down to move my band, and the screen was hanging halfway off. My watch is less than a year old, and doesn't endure any heavy wear and tear. I'm extremely angry and frustrated, especially paying $160+ less than a year ago for this watch to fall apart.

Best Answer

Hello everyone.

We're sorry to hear that you went through that situation with your Fitbit Versa smartwatches. We acknowledge the limitation we have on our part particularly on what you have experienced. We‘re taking into consideration your comments and sentiments with regards to our products and services.

Our products are indeed designed and made to last (this goes for each product component) however, there is not an infallible way to ensure that no issues will be present in the long run. Because of this, our Warranty Policy is set into providing as much coverage as we can.

We understand that the outcome of your case with our Support Team is not fulfilling your expectations, but keep in mind that every case is completely different from the other's, thanks for taking the time to share your experiences and feedback. For more information about the outcome of your case, please get in touch with our them again and also, you can check our warranty policies here for a better understanding of the information that they provided to you.

We'll be around if you have any questions present. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are the only person who's responded to my issue. My DM to customer support has not been addressed, and I have no idea about warranty information on my watch,as it was a gift from my husband. I'm guessing with the way your response was written (yes, I did read your links), I wouldn't be covered for the faulty watch anyway. This is the first time I've ever had any interaction with fitbit support. I was receiving free fitbit devices from my employer/health insurance for years as a part of our wellness department and incentives. I received this upgraded watch as a gift from my husband for our anniversary, as he knew how dedicated I was to our wellness program. I loved everything about my watch, but from a consumers standpoint, I don't see the value in purchasing a "higher quality" product that falls apart in less than a year. And then the company basically says OH WELL without offering a coupon or discount, any sort of compensation to their customers. 

Best Answer

I contacted customer support and got an email telling me what to do to send the watch back in order to get a replacement. Along with that they said i have to share the tracking number with them. My question is where do i share the tracking number after i have shipped the watch? Do i share it to the email sender who sent me the instructions?No one is helping me and i dont want to send my watch without getting confirmations.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I believe the warranty is for a full year! So you should be covered. My situation happened at about 16 months. I was david their was a 2 yr warranty I could have purchased but I missed it somehow. I LOVED my Fitbit Versa! I never ever got it wet either that is what so surprised me when screen fell off! What a bummer..25% or whatethe coupon from Fitbit customer service would not work for me. Mine was also a Christmas gift from my children. I just can’t afford one now....good luck but do look into warranty if under year old!

You should be under warranty...you’d think since so many are having same issue Fitbit would do something constructive about it! I hope you can get it replaced !

Sent from my iPad

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

I just wish someone would get back to me about what to do😣 I found the invoice from my hubby's purchase. I would be more than happy to send it back if they replace it without charge.

Best Answer
0 Votes