Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa screen fell off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The screen on my Versa fell off, I was not doing anything, I came home from work and noticed the screen has just fell off. Had this happened to anyone else? it's less than a year old, purchased on September 2018 :(. $200!

Best Answer
156 REPLIES 156

So sorry, not sure why fitbit doesnt do more about this issue. As others mentioned, you should still have warranty, when it happened to me, I talked to them over chat https://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs. All they had me do was take a picture of the broken fitbit next to a number they provided me and send it to them. I didnt have to send the broken fitbit back. They sent me a "new" one, just the watch they didnt send new bands. This "new" one is now not holding the charge, dont think I will be buying  a versa again. Good luck 😊

Best Answer

Thank you DDJ0323. I will try this, as no one has responded via Twitter.

@DDJ0323, I followed your advice, and a replacement is on the way. Thanks again!

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

I’d like to just chime in that FitBit would go bankrupt if everyone saw this thread.

Not only is the refusal to properly address a known issue an absolute insult, but so too are the poorly worded responses here from FitBit reps that reinforce the lack of concern.

My story: I got a Versa in the summer of 2018. I don’t swim, and never have showered with it. For the first year and a half, I *loved* this thing. So much so, that just seven months ago, I bought one for my girlfriend for Christmas. So much so, that just five months ago, I bought one for my mother for her birthday. So much so, that just three months ago, I bought one for a friend to help encourage him to take steps to lose weight.

About six weeks ago - just a few weeks after buying my third watch in six months - I was walking from my living room to the kitchen when suddenly my watch face popped loose. I slowly went back and forth with customer service for three weeks (it took them about a week to respond to each e-mail), and in the end got the same 25% discount offer.

A couple of weeks ago I took the phone to a repair shop, and they were able to get some glue in there and reinforce it. It went well for a while, but of course, I am now noticing some five between the face of the watch and its base, and feel like it’s a matter of days (or less) before I’m up the creek again. I’ll probably try some sensor-safe glue on my own and just wait on the thing to finally give.

When it does, I’ll NOT be using my 25% off discount. I’ll never give another dime to FitBit. It is an acknowledged and known error and that absolutely supersedes any limited warranty for companies that care about their customers. This isn’t our fault. FitBit knows that it’s not our fault. They simply don’t care, because, as it was chided to us above, they are a “global brand.”

Let me sum up the FitBit policy: “Buy our expensive and high-quality product. But just know, it’s going to fall apart after 1.5-2 years. In the unlikely event it breaks in the first year, we’ll take care of you. After the first year, we value you so little that we want you to buy the same defective again but this time, we only want to make a lot of profit instead of a ton of profit.”

Get real.

Best Answer

Wow!!!! I was searching for Versa faces falling off and I’m blown away by this thread! I got my husband a versa for his birthday last year and his face fell off today, not even a year and half, but unfortunately past the warranty. I’m disgusted seeing so many others with the same problem, going well over a year ago! I got a versa for Christmas and am now expecting it to fall apart by next March. How sad is that!?? Does anybody have recommendations on non Fitbit products? We don’t mind investing in a product if it has a good reputation of quality. 

Best Answer

My screen just popped off as well. Had it for about 18 months. The first one was replaced by Fit bit as I had it for less than a month and it stopped working. If this is a known issue Fitbit should get this fixed or have some option for repair. Not sure I will buy another one. $200 is alot of money for something that only lasts a couple of months.

Best Answer

My versa was less than two years old when the screen fell off in a lake. I retrieved it but it no longer lights up. I chatted with support on Friday. They said I would receive a discount coupon. How and when do I get that?  I like the battery life and sleep tracking but still debating switching to Apple 

Best Answer

Hello, the same thing just happened to my Fitbit Versa Lite for the second time. Fitbit replaced the first one and about 5 days ago I was having syncing issues with data and a red X on the screen thinking it was dead then from what I was reading. I got that fixed and then 2 days ago I am walking look down and its dangling. I have since taped it down and popped it in my pocket. My question is will Fitbit replace it again. I originally purchased it from Kohls in November 2019 and it was replaced through Fitbit since.  Please help, just when I am ready to make some serious physical changes in my exercise routine it breaks and it's so disappointing not to see those results on my wrist. Silly I know but that's why I continue to purchase Fitbit's. 

Monique

Best Answer

Great question. I was wondering the same thing, should this same instance occur on the replacement watch.

Please share any recommendations you get, as I am very nervous about another Fitbit if the replacement craps out and does the same as the first.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
Will do
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm pretty sure I've read in the forums that a replacement follows the original warranty. E.g. if u purchased one in Nov. 2019, then any replacement will also be under warranty until Nov. 2020. (assuming a 1-year warranty) 

Best Answer
0 Votes
That doesn’t make sense to me...if they send u new one to replace defective watch then everything shud start anew!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
Thank you.... No one has contacted me yet to say so or not.

*M. S. Leigh*
Best Answer
0 Votes

The very same thing happened to me just 2 days ago while walking down the hall.  I purchased mine in Sept. 2019  so not even a year old!!

Best Answer

Have you gotten yours replaced yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I received it on Monday.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I went online and found cheap one for $40. So far it’s worth the $40! It’s a Letsfit smart watch...Amazon...has steps, heart rate, alarm, timer, relax and a few other buttons I haven’t read about yet....so far well worth it!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
No. I have given up the fight and just decided I will no longer support
Fitbit a company that is not willing to back it's products. Especially when
they know the product is defective. I have also decided to share on my
social media pages all of the correspondence as I don't want any of my
friends to get caught up in their hype and learn too late like I did that
Fitbit is not the best choice.
Best Answer

I will keep that in mind! Thanks a bunch🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

This just happened to me too. 18 mths old all they offered was a discount. Wont be buying fitibit again!

Best Answer

mine as well from last night. It was working at night, but when I wake up I saw my versa did not work at all and not connect to my phone. I bought it almost 1 year. I do not know What I should do. 

Best Answer
0 Votes