Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa screen fell off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The screen on my Versa fell off, I was not doing anything, I came home from work and noticed the screen has just fell off. Had this happened to anyone else? it's less than a year old, purchased on September 2018 :(. $200!

Best Answer
156 REPLIES 156

Screen fell off mine on the 22 was walking down the hall at work and felt something moving at my wrist looked down and the screen was hanging on by a connector 

not sure where people are from but I’m in the Uk and always get the 3 year extended anything can happen warranty through pc world as I have never found a Fitbit that has lasted me a year let alone any longer 

Best Answer
Yes its sounding like a major problem. They are replacing mine since it
was still within the warranty period.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened last week. My Fitbit versa is about 15 months old. First it was the battery that wouldn't last one day. I addressed it and was told they couldn't do anything. Then, after laying down to go to sleep I noticed something hitting my wrist, only to see the screen hanging on by a thread. Seeing this discussion has solidified my decision to look elsewhere for a new device. This one is lovely when it's working! I've never gotten the device wet, always removed before taking showers. It shouldn't slowly but surely fall apart after a year, most especially considering the price. 

Best Answer

This problem just happened to me too. Until I read this forum I assumed Fitbit would just replace my Versa2 and we would all move on. Reading all these posts, I can see this is not going to happen and quite frankly even if the glue trick works, its a completely unacceptable solution.

The Versa 2 product is clearly poorly manufactured, of substandard quality, does not warrant the premium price being charged and is supplied by a company that clearly has no clue about the lifetime value of a customer.

I am amazed at how forgiving of Fitbit so many of you are. Its 2020 people. Companies that do this to their customers have no right to be in business.

I will never buy or promote their products anymore or to anyone and am now done with Fitbit.

Less than a year of use is not a "long run" period.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

The same thing happened to me. Fitbit as a company makes cheap products. I've had other fitbit products in past that have turned out to be defective(Fitbit Charge HR). I thought that it was a defective model and still gave them another chance. But the same thing happening for another product makes me believe that this company only makes cheap products that would last just a little over warranty so that they don't have to replace and then they try to lure customers with 25% discount. I am pretty sure that they would be making money even with this discount. So I am definitely going to discourage people hence forth to buy fitbit products.

Best Answer
Thank you very much for your reply. I was considering trying a different model but after yours and others I am not.
I agree that they must be making junk and that is unfortunate. I loved my fitbit and now am left with what to try next.
Do you have any suggestions?
Best Answer

yep. I will spring for a better product.

Best Answer

Same thing just happened to me. Had this Versa about 18 months and loved it. Takes some of the fun out of working out not being able to see my numbers. Since this is a known issue, it's concerning that FitBit does not offer replacements if over warranty period. For such a price, I think I will spend my dollars elsewhere. It was nice while it lasted!

Best Answer

I was kneading dough only to notice my screen was hanging on by film.  I was scared that it was from cooking but when I looked online I saw others suffered through this issue with no force.  So after researching, I found I'm out of warranty and this was an anniversary present

I decided to look on Amazon and I found a screen protector that goes on top of your Fitbit face, it just came today and fits perfectly.

If you're out of warranty, save your money from buying a new one elsewhere and buy a screen protector cover for your Fitbit.  Problem solved

Best Answer

I purchased my Fitbit in July 2019 and the face just fell off yesterday.  It's still functional, but the screen is blank.  I ordered another Fitbit with a 3-year warranty, but I love the tip about the cover for face of Fitbit -- thank you so much for sharing!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has also happened to my Versa 2 (Rose Gold special edition). Thankfully the cable was still connected though and it seems to be functional still. For now, I have just super glued the screen back on, but considering how much I paid for this device, I am really not impressed about this. I imagine mine is no longer water resistant.

After seeing how common this issue is, I am hesitant to buy another Fitbit device and will most likely look into alternatives when I decide to replace the Versa 2 unless there are some big reliability improvements with the Versa 3.

Best Answer

Happened to me 6 months ago and just happened again!  Will be replaced as still covered under warranty, which expires next month.  Not happy that it happened twice!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you all for the comments! Felt I should update my post. After
reviewing all of the other wearables, I decided on another FitBit product,
this time Versa 2. I also purchased a set of protective face covers that
fit completely around the watch face and also has a protective film
covering the screen (dirt cheap on Amazon).

As much as I wanted to 'punish' FitBit by not buying any more of their
products, features on their devices fit my very basic needs. If this
product doesn't make it past two years, I'm done.

Stay safe!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the suggestion.  I have been using that app for years and I really like it, but I believe the Fitbit website is more robust (and accurate).  I still use both as a check and balance from time to time.

Hi -- I did the same (purchased Versa 2 and protective covers from Amazon), but you can also buy a 3 year protection plan for about $50.  I admit the plan is not cheap, but I feel that I will at least have 3 good years of use.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I've had my Versa 2 for 8 months and I've only worn it for 3 months (it wouldn't sync with my old phone). I can't see the displays as the screen is white. Customer service was helpful and issued me a new Versa 2 since it is under warranty. Thank goodness, this watch was not cheap. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why can’t it be fixed, or why can’t Fitbit use a stronger adhesive?  I love my Fitbit, and I’d like to buy the Versa 3, but I fear this will happen because it’s still the same design. My Versa 2 was a replacement because my first one just died and the face has just fallen off of this one. It’s a lot of money to spend on a watch that has an adhesive issue that renders it useless.  

Best Answer

So had same problem.

Bought my versa 2 back in March.

A week ago, after taking shower, I heard some strange noise around my wrist. Looked at my hand and saw my versa's screen hanging. Took it to the store that sold it to me and got my money back.

This is second versa that got broken during warranty, decided not to buy any of Fitbit gadges anymore..

Best Answer

Juan,

My Versa did the same thing and unfortunately I was in the water when it happened.  Mine also the display was hanging from one of the foil.  I tried to dry it in a moisture removal jar for a week and it still won't come on.  My Versa is also under 2 years old and naturally out of warranty.

It seems that this is a common defect on this watch based on all these pages and for the price of these watches, Fitbit should step up and replace this defect. This is my second watch and both have crapped out just after the warranty is over.  

Best Answer

This happened to me too

Best Answer

It's happening to hundreds of people.   Fitbit should do something about it and better than 25% off on a overpriced item.

Adrian61, thanks for that info.  It's too bad Fitbit doesn't care about their customers.   This is my 2nd Fitbit and they both broke down shortly after the warranty and other than offering a small discount on an overpriced product they should stand behind their brand.  After my first Blaze stopped charging tgey offered me 25% off on a new watch on a specific site.  The watch was more than what the pride was on their regular site.

Like you did and I may possibly do the same, they are going to loose more customers. 

Best Answer