Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa suddenly dead

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Versa suddenly died, no reaction to charge or reset. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I recently had the same problem. My Versa went dark while at Great America when I tried to reboot via the screen.  It would not come back on.  I had over 50% of my battery left but decided I would try connecting to my charger when I got home.

Nothing happened.

I called Fitbit customer service and said I was basically out of luck because my watch was 365 and 1/2 days old.

I found a cure in the community that said hold all three buttons until the logo reappeared. That took 15 seconds (as in my case) or as long as 3 minutes. The point is that it worked.

I contacted the same person at Fitbit that I connected to originally and he said that they are not allowed to give solutions from the wild.

I will skip saying what I really think about that response but try it.  I have had zero issues since then but would it do it again if it ever reappears.  BTW - It occurred two days after I performed the system update.

Good luck

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
203 REPLIES 203

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Balder. Sorry for the delayed response.

I regret to hear that your Fitbit Versa is not working. Thank you for the troubleshooting steps you tried before contacting us. Please be so kind to confirm that you have followed our instructions to resolve battery issues on this article.

If this doesn't work, in addition to the restart, you can perform a factory reset to your watch by following the next steps, but keep in mind that your apps, stored data, personal information, credit and debit cards, and saved settings will be deleted from your device:

1. Press and hold the three buttons on your Fitbit for up to 20 seconds.
  2. Once the logo is shown on the screen and then disappear, release the bottom button and hold the other two until you hear a strong vibration. This indicates the reset has started, so you have to release the other two buttons.
  3. This procedure can take several seconds and from time to time the watch will reset to zero showing the logo and the Fitbit.com/setup site.

If you have any question, please don't hesitate to contact us back at any time.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
Hello and thanks for responding. I have tried the battery steps and have
also confirmed through the app that it has charged. Still, the screen
refuses to light up.
Best regards
Balder
Best Answer

Thanks for the response @Balder.

To evaluate your case I sent your information to Customer Support. Please check your inbox on the next days. They will let you know how to proceed as soon as possible.

Feel free to continue visiting the Fitbit Community.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a me too situation here. Vera’s has suddenly shut down and it will not respond to restart efforts or charging on the charger.

i don’t see what the resolution was for this.

Best Answer

@DrGreg84 Welcome to the Fitbit Community.

I'm sorry to hear that your Fitbit Versa doesn't turn on. Thanks for restarting your watch before getting in touch.

I just sent this information to Customer Support. They will let you know how to proceed as soon as possible.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing!  Power died a few hours ago and now wont respond to charge!

Best Answer

The battery on mine also won't charge. I updated the firmware yesterday as the app kept telling me too. After that, it wouldn't take another charge. I've been on the chat with customer service doing trouble shooting, and there suggestion is that it is out of warranty and that I need to buy another one.

Best Answer

I recently had the same problem. My Versa went dark while at Great America when I tried to reboot via the screen.  It would not come back on.  I had over 50% of my battery left but decided I would try connecting to my charger when I got home.

Nothing happened.

I called Fitbit customer service and said I was basically out of luck because my watch was 365 and 1/2 days old.

I found a cure in the community that said hold all three buttons until the logo reappeared. That took 15 seconds (as in my case) or as long as 3 minutes. The point is that it worked.

I contacted the same person at Fitbit that I connected to originally and he said that they are not allowed to give solutions from the wild.

I will skip saying what I really think about that response but try it.  I have had zero issues since then but would it do it again if it ever reappears.  BTW - It occurred two days after I performed the system update.

Good luck

Best Answer

Thanks, this solution appears to have done the trick!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also tried the 3 button thing.  However, my battery says it is at 0% and it won't take a charge at all.  Since the reset buttons are not accessible while it is being charged (unlike some previous fitbit models I've had), there is no way to reset the device when the battery is at 0%.

Best Answer

This happened to mine a 2 days ago but I left it charging overnight. Today it died and it's been on the charger for more than 30 min and still wont turn on 🥺 I have had it for about a year and a half. Hopefully this trick works for me!!🤞🏼

Edit: This turned on my versa! Hopefully it continues to work! I even sent my husband to go buy me a charging dock in case this one messed up!! 

Best Answer

Thanks for shared your experience. I had the same issue, after read your comment. I hold the 3 buttons for 20 seconds and works. Now my watch is on, but 50% less  battery than yesterday, and shows yesterday date. I synced and is working. Also Is charging. Let's  see how works the rest of the day. Thanks!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! Thank you!

This turned on my versa after it suddenly wouldn't restart. I'm so glad I clicked  on your post. 

Mine turned back using this trick. Much appreciated!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

Push all 3 buttons for 15 sec - it worked for mine too 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everybody. Welcome and thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community.

@Kylo06 @LauraBlaze @Su10 @Leiryfish @Astrid1978, thank you for letting us know that you have been able to resolve the problem after following @cshelley's instructions.

@cshelley, thank you for sharing the steps you've followed to resolve the issue with your Fitbit Versa.

@cind1313, I noticed that you've been in touch with Customer Support recently. I'm pretty sure they will do their best to provide assistance as soon as possible.

Please let us know if you have any question.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem for me. Versa was very hot and then went dead. Does not respond to charging nor the three button reset. 

Best Answer

Unbelievable it worked Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @NAG88 @TamyM.

@NAG88, I regret to hear that you experienced difficulties with your Fitbit Versa. I was about to send this information to Customer Support but was informed you've contacted them already. They will help you out to find a way to resolve.

@TamyM, thank you for letting us know you've resolved the issue with your watch.

Feel free to contact us back at any time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, my Fitbit Versa 2 also died, and I am trying everything I can to reset it. I contacted customer support, but no luck (other than to send it back for a replacement). Can you tell me what three buttons you are referring to? I think mine only has one. Thank you!

Best Answer