Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa synced but not receiving notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My phone and Versa are actively syncing but I am not receiving any notifications. The fitbit app does not give options to turn notifications on or off for messaging, phone calls, email, or my calendar. Bluetooth is connected, do not disturb is not enabled, and all my app notifications are turned on on my phone. I've gone through the troubleshooting guides and can't figure this out.

Best Answer
284 REPLIES 284

What watch strap mechanism?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The hinge thing that lets you supposedly change your watch strap. So far conveniently I have only managed to change to a FitBit branded strap. Any 3rd Party straps I have bought have been unsuccessful in being able to attach to the Versa 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Every time I contact Fitbit customer service, it’s the same routine “forget this device and reinstall”. Each time they say “ it shouldn’t happen again” yet it does, every day. They should just be honest and admit they don’t know how to fix the problem. Stop selling stuff that doesn’t work.

Moderator Edit: Format/Personal Info Removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@stevejd wrote:
Every time I contact Fitbit customer service, it’s the same routine “forget this device and reinstall”. Each time they say “ it shouldn’t happen again” yet it does, every day. They should just be honest and admit they don’t know how to fix the problem. Stop selling stuff that doesn’t work.

Have you asked for a refund or an exchange? 

Moderator Edit: Format/Personal Info Removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not yet. I really like the watch style and was hoping they could fix the problem.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .
SteveJD
Best Answer
0 Votes

@stevejd wrote:
Not yet. I really like the watch style and was hoping they could fix the problem.

SteveJD

They might exchange for same watch but one that works 🤔

Best Answer
0 Votes
It gets worse. I called customer service. They state they understand my problem and are working on a solution. I asked them if I could receive a replacement watch, they informed me that they were the customer service department and were not authorized to replace the device. This seems odd, if the customer service department is not able to provide service to the customer, then I wonder what department is able to provide customer service? I asked to speak to the department that could either refund my money or replace my device, and they said they were not authorized to provide that information. I asked for the phone number of the corporate headquarters, and they state they do not have a phone number. So basically what I have is a watch that cost me approximately $200 and all it does is tell time, which by the way does seem to be accurate. I could have purchased a regular chronograph for under $20. Fitbit states that the problem appears to be with iPhone, not with Fitbit. Of course that is always the answer. I had a Pebble watch before this Fitbit Versa and it worked flawlessly. Unfortunately Apple purchased Pebble and they no longer support that device. This has been a huge disappointment and unless Fitbit resolves my problem I would not recommend them to anyone.

SteveJD
Best Answer

@stevejd Just for clarification, Fitbit purchased Pebble, not Apple, but I got what you meant.

I'm also having massive notification issues since the 3.0 update. For 8 months, the watch worked perfectly no matter what phone I had it paired with (Note 8, iPhone X, Pixel 2 XL, Note 9, Pixel 3 XL) with notifications coming through as they should .

Enter the 3.0 update and suddenly the notifications are working one hour, then nothing the next. Sometimes a restart of the watch fixes it, sometimes it doesn't. I've had to reset the watch, delete the app from my phone, log in again, sync, and then they'll work...for a few hours. Then they stop and I start the whole process over again. 

This is beyond frustrating and an update like this should never have seen the light of day. I'm this close to cutting bait and moving to the Garmin Vivoactive 3 or Galaxy Watch. I love that the Versa can connect to multiple phones without resetting it, but if it's not functioning as a smartwatch, what's the point?

Best Answer

I am so happy I met not the only one! This is the exact issue I have. The support department gets it working for the moment and thinks they did their job. But a few hours later my Versa stops works. I am sick of this endless loop.

Best Answer

Even when my Versa does rarely receive notifications (few times a day) when I look in the “notifications” section of the Fitbit app is says “no notifications or messages”.

Moderator Edit: Personal Info Removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the clarification of acquisition of Pebble by Fitbit. Perhaps Fitbit should consult the Pebble engineers. I never had trouble with my Pebble device which looks very similar to the Versa.

SteveJD
Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa would receive notification for a few hours, then it would stop getting all notifications.  I have to restart my watch to receive notifications again.  This is very frustrating.  My watch was working fine before this V3 update.  Now this V3 update ruined it.  

Best Answer

@jy1 wrote:

My versa would receive notification for a few hours, then it would stop getting all notifications.  I have to restart my watch to receive notifications again.  This is very frustrating.  My watch was working fine before this V3 update.  Now this V3 update ruined it.  

I absolutely couldn't agree with this more. The 3.0 update completely ruined this watch. The sad part is, it'll take Fitbit 3 months to issue an update that fixes it (if they even bother). I'd rather they just roll the watches back to the previous version until they fix it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@SunsetRunner wrote:

The hinge thing that lets you supposedly change your watch strap. So far conveniently I have only managed to change to a FitBit branded strap. Any 3rd Party straps I have bought have been unsuccessful in being able to attach to the Versa 😞

@SunsetRunner I literally just ran into this problem. So annoying. Tempted to go back to my Blaze, back when Fitbit worked.

Best Answer

Yeah it’s such a shame because the Fitbit straps are so expensive! 

@DibaSr wrote:
@SunsetRunner wrote:

@SunsetRunner I literally just ran into this problem. So annoying. Tempted to go back to my Blaze, back when Fitbit worked.

Best Answer

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have kept us updated about this situation and have provided your feedback about it. At this moment I have gathered all your information and forwarded it to our development team so they can check this further. Once we have more information to share with you about this issue, we'll make sure post it here in the official Forums. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, have a nice day.  

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m still waiting on a solution to my problem of not being able to receive messages on my Fitbit Versa. I would prefer not to have to purchase a different smart watch if Fitbit Versa thinks they will be able to provide a solution in the near future. It seems there are several less expensive and less sophisticated brands that are able to provide this function with no problem. I don’t understand why Fitbit can’t resolve it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My watch has not been receiving text messages for over two weeks.  I have reinstalled it several times and still doing the same thing.  This helped finally worked.  I was about to send it back to fitbit and purchase a fitness watch from another company.  Never had this much problem with the blaze.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry, I may have missed the whole thread, but what was the solution you found that fixed the problem of not receiving text or email on Fitbit Versa?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@zglasgow wrote:

My watch has not been receiving text messages for over two weeks.  I have reinstalled it several times and still doing the same thing.  This helped finally worked.  I was about to send it back to fitbit and purchase a fitness watch from another company.  Never had this much problem with the blaze.

So glad it helped.

@stevejd wrote:
Sorry, I may have missed the whole thread, but what was the solution you found that fixed the problem of not receiving text or email on Fitbit Versa?

If you press the left hand button on the watch for a few seconds till a screen comes up with the options of screen wake and notifications. My watch had the notifications off. As soon as I switched switched them on it started letting them through.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer