Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't stay connected to Bluetooth

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It seems my Versa is working as it should functionally however it wont stay connected to Bluetooth long enough to fully sync, update apps, receive notifications, etc... In the fitbit app under my account it will say "looking..." for a while then "connected..." for a second, then "syncing..." for a second then just go back to "looking...". So i went to my iPhone Bluetooth settings and can see that it connects for a second or two then just disappears, then connects and disappears and continues the cycle. Anyone else having this specific problem? Any suggestions to fix it? I've restarted the app, uninstalled it, reinstalled it, turned my bluetooth on and off, restarted my phone, restarted the Versa. Nothing seems to work. 

Best Answer
212 REPLIES 212

I cannot get my versa to sync either. Terribly disappointed in the product. Have had a fitbit since 2015, was so excited to upgrade. Won't sync and battery life is super short, about 3 days. Have tried everything suggested in these threads, all different devices, get error messages that my fitbit has Bluetooth issues. Ready to give up and find a different brand.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had Bluetooth problems for weeks. I found that Bluetooth needs to be controlled by the Fitbit app. Open the app and touch the card in the upper right corner then select your device. Scroll down to notifications and open it. For me it had somehow been turned off. I turned it back on and it asked to pair. I touched pair and waited for it to connect. I have had no problem since.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same exact problem. This is my second replacement 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tiggernut57 are you on Android or iPhone. iPhone is pretty stable. Android not so much. Also it seems Fitbit mobile app version matters. My experience says anything above 2.74 is a complete akhem... sorry Fitbit but it's the truth. I've never downgraded so many times. I hope and hope that each update will resolve the issues but nopes. I'm back to version 2.74. yay. My most treasured file. 😑

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
Two fellow hikers and I had this problem. I have iPhone X and they have different androids. We all began to have this problem. It appears the Fitbit app must control the Bluetooth or else there is a conflict with the Fitbit. I went into my phone and set location to always for the Fitbit app. I then opened the Fitbit app and tapped the info card in the upper right corner. I selected my device and scrolled down to and opened notifications. It was off. I turned it back on and it asked to pair. I touched pair and waited for it to connect. This worked for all of us. I recently had an app update which turned off location services for the app. I set it back to always and it works again.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m on iPhone and it’s still not staying connected even after restarting twice! 😏

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me also facing same problem Versa not connecting with my Android One+3T. But data getting updated after sync up with Apple 5C. Eache and every time I have to sync Apple 1st and Android getting updated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Uthamaraj I'm on OP3T. It does work but is not stable all the time. Also forget newest version of the Fitbit mobile app. I cannot use anything higher than 2.74 or versa won't stay connected. PM me if you have additional questions.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
Just curious. You say you are using 2.74. The closest I can find is 2.74.1. Same thing?

Sent by MailWise – See your emails as clean, short chats.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@RonS16 pretty much. I believe 2.74.2 worked slightly better for me. Had both versions (2.74.1 and .2) at one point but they were hogging the space so left only 2.74.2. Try .1 and see how it goes. 2.74.2 is flying somewhere around on a**mirror probably. Mind you I still have to perform magic tricks (kill the bluetooth, shut off the versa, and/or forget versa) from time to time, but at least it's working. More or less...

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me! Smiley LOL

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same exact problem. I’m on my fourth replacement from Fitbit. At this point they won’t refund my money and the store I bought it from won’t take it back. Complete waste of $200. Can’t believe this company won’t make this right. Basically taking money for a product that doesn’t work. Obviously this comment thread shows that this isn’t an isolated issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bsfrode I guess it's because not the hardware issue but software. May I ask which Fitbit OS version are you running .15 or .19, and what about Fitbit mobile app version?

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where can I find that information?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bsfrode On your versa, go to Settings app, then scroll down to About, version number should be on top. In the Fitbit mobile app, tap on the Account icon (Top right corner next to your Versa icon) and scroll down to Help. Tap it, version number should be on top.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

.15 on watch and 2.82 on mobile app

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bsfrode Are you on Android (if yes, which one? Oreo or Pie? And what's the phone model) or iPhone? Also, has any of your versa trackers ever synced with your phone?

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

iPhone. Yes they have right at first and then progressively get worse. Eventually syncing sporadically and then not at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bsfrode I must admit I am a bit surprised that it's an iPhone. I'm saying that because iPhone is my fallback on phone. When I cannot sync my Versa with my droid I use iPhone to "unclog" it. I tried both iPhone 7 and my husband's iPhone XS Max. Mind you I have no idea if the versa stays connected long enough. At this point, I can only suggest clean install. Unlinking versa from the account, forgetting versa from bluetooth settings, uninstalling the Fitbit app, formatting versa to wipe it clean, resetting iPhone to factory defaults, and finally installing Fitbit app and setting up Fitbit Versa again, granting all the permissions it wants.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the input. I’ve tried all of those options with each unit. Doesn’t seem to help. I think I’m the proud owner of an expensive brick at this point. 

Best Answer
0 Votes