Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't turn on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Last night I left it charging because the app was showing battery low and today I am trying to turn it on and nothing is happening. Anybody is facing the same problem?

Please help!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, 

Thank you for sharing your experience with Fitbit Versa series. I appreciate the troubleshooting performed prior to posting. 

Your feedback and comments are appreciated, we're always striving to provide a good Customer Service. If your Versa isn't turning one, try restarting it and continue monitoring its functionality. 

If after restarting the screen isn't working, get in touch with our Support team, they will continue assisting you. 

As of right now, this thread will be closed. Feel free to open a new thread if needed. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1,070 REPLIES 1,070

A warm welcome to the Community @eyadqarooni.

I would like to know if you keep having issues with your Versa turning on? If you do, have you tried to restart the watch? If you haven't, I recommend restarting by doing the following:

1. Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.

Let me know the outcome. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I have exactly the same issue - left the versa charging overnight, this morning it is very warm, and it won't turn on. Holding down the buttons doesn't do anything. There is no response from the device.

Best Answer

Hey @Mandy_Makowsky, welcome to the Community.

Thanks for troubleshooting this by yourself. Since the restart procedure didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support Team, for them to take a deeper look at this, please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

Let me know if you need anything else. Robot Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I am having the same problem and the restart function is not helping. This is unfortunate because I really enjoy this device and I haven't had it very long.

Best Answer

It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community @Fred_Turner. I am sorry to hear about what happened with your Versa and would like to know if you have contacted our support team, have they offer you a solution?

Catch you later. Smiley Wink

Best Answer

I charged my watch yesterday, and when the alarm woke me up this morning I tried to turn it off, and my face wouldn't turn on, so I pushed the left button and it stopped, but the screen still didnt turn on. So far, I've tried the left and bottom button and the factory reset all 3 buttons... nothing happend. All of my lights are off on the back., except the green light will flicker for about 5 seconds every 5 minutes or so but the screen never Responded. 

Best Answer

Dear Alejandra,

Thank you for your kind replay, the device is some time starting but it quickly discharging and I could not use it, it's disappointing so I have stopped using the device and now I am using Garmin which is much better functioning.

I hope one day I can get a better device from Fitbit to use again.

Regards,

EYAD

Best Answer

Hey @Stephwink3 and @eyadqarooni, thanks for your participation in the Community.

@eyadqarooni I am sorry to hear that you are not wearing your Versa. If in the future there is something we can help you with, do not hesitate to post it.

@Stephwink3 Thanks for troubleshooting this by yourself. I would like to know if you have contacted our support team, have they offer you a solution for this?

Hope to hear from you soon. Man Happy

Best Answer
I did finally reach someone and have started the warranty process. Thanks.
Best Answer

Hi, can you kindly tell how can I replace the Versa.

Best Regards,

Best Answer

Those are great news @Stephwink3, I am glad to hear that you will be receiving a replacement. At the moment of receiving it, you just need to do the following from your Fitbit app to set it up:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.

Now @eyadqarooni, regarding your inquiry, I recommend checking our warranty policy. Are you still having issues with your watch?

Keep me posted. Man Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good morning,

The support team did contact me and offer more options to correct the problem. However, the options did not correct the issue.  I am very disappointed that this is occurring with my Fitbit device. Also why does the support team not offer me the option of actually calling and talking to someone. They keep asking me to send them a video of me trying the options to fix the watch. I explained that to attach a video exceeds the size capacity of the email. Again this is very disappointing. I notice that someone mentioned a replacement option. How do I go about getting that option. Otherwise I am looking to take this device back and get another brand.

Moderator edit: personal info removed and format

Best Answer
Hey fred,
The same thing happened to me.. I had to send a video of me moving my hand
over the heart rate monitor to them. My email wouldnt load the video so I
cut it down to an 8 second video. Lol once I did that, I was offered the
replacement.
Hope you get some help!
Steph
Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa just randomly started draining battery fast.. then the clock started being slow by a few minutes gradually getting later and later. Then stopped syncing then one day just turned off when it had full battery and never came back on. I've tried charging it and resetting and both don't work. Had nothing but problems with these fitbits. The quality seems very low. Not worth the price tag that's for sure

Best Answer

I only purchased the Versa last week and charged it for the first time last night and everything seemed okay until noticed this afternoon that the screen wasn't on !

I reset as suggested and it reappeared at the time of 2.15pm so I presume that was the time it stopped working . It is now showing the correct time as 4.45pm …. is this a common problem with the Versa?

Best Answer

Thanks Alejandra as that resolved the problem 🙂

Why did this occur especially as I only purchased my Versa last week 

Best Answer

Same problem.  Worked great for weeks and then the battery life diminished dramatically over the course of a few days.  A full charged barely lasted a day.  Now it won’t turn on.  When I try the reset process the screen lights up but it is just a gray screen.

Same problem.  Worked great for weeks and then the battery life diminished dramatically over the course of a few days.  A full charged barely lasted a day.  Now it won’t turn on.  When I try the reset process the screen lights up but it is just a gray screen.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

My Fitbit has been acting weird for a couple days; today I went to swipe through apps to get to my timer and it wouldn’t let me. I googled how to reboot the device (using Fitbit forums to do so) and there is now nothing appearing on the screen. The heart beat monitor is working but there’s nothing on the screen. I tried to charge it and it’s not working either. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had my fitbit for a few months.  I love it and wear it all the time.  This morning the touchscreen failed and I could not turn off my exercise.  Then I read the community recommendations and restarted it by pressing all 3 buttons. The versa then said that not all data erased and I should try again.  I tried again and then it totally could not turn on again.  I have tried pressing the left button and the button right button many times over but the versa would not re-start.  It is so frustrating.  Can someone help me?

Best Answer
0 Votes