Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vibration not working for text/call notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My versa isn't vibrating or telling me when i get a call or text.  When i pull down they are there but i want the notification.  

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
390 REPLIES 390

I found the fix on a different discussion board this morning. Hold the left button down until the notification setting pops up and make sure it is on. Mine had turned off.

Best Answer

Happened to me also... I fixed it by removing Versa from the app on my phone and resetting it up and skipping wifi setup. Works now but not real consistent but then it was like that before when it used to work. YMMV.

Best Answer

I was having same trouble - Versa not vibrating when receiving notifications.

I did as suggested by MEBates and my Notifications was "off". I turned it "ON" and am now receiving vibration when receiving a notification!

Thanks for the info on the fix!

Best Answer

Come on Fitbit, what are you going to do about just getting missed calls on the Versa & not even vibrating to let us know a call is coming in? Talked to customer service about it 2 weeks ago & they walked me through everything and still unsuccessful, that was one of the features that drew me to the Versa. I guess I should have just stuck with my Alta.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer

Hey everyone!

It's great to hear that for some of you this issue has been resolved and thanks for sharing the steps you did in order to fix this. For the ones that still having this problem, I would like to know if you have checked whether the device lock is enabled or disabled:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Tap or click Device Lock.

If it is enabled, do the following:

• Set Device Lock to Disabled OR
  • Set Device Lock to Enabled for Fitbit Pay (payments only)

Let me know how it goes. Smiley Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Notifications stopped showing on watch face and notification vibrations stippled at the same time. All notifications from phone show in list but no vibration or drop down on watch face,

Best Answer
0 Votes

Never mind I fixed it. Hold back button and swipe left. Notifications was turned off.

Best Answer

It's great to see you around @SunsetRunner.

I am sorry to hear about the notifications issues you are experiencing and thanks for troubleshoot this by yourself. If you haven't checked the help article My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone, I recommend doing it and follow the instructions provided there.

Let me know the outcome. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

don't know how... but it worked... thx

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just bought the versa as early as yesterday 6/12/18. Upon setting it up everything functions as it should but the vibrations do not come through for texts all the time. Calls yes, timer yes, alarms yes. I’ve restarted, reset, unpaired, repaired, uninstalled.. literally everything I’ve found on here. To no avail has it worked. This seems to be junk currently. When i get it to work it stops hours later. I have sync on all day and my phone is never more than 10 feet away from me, just not always accessible hence why this is a problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Time to contact Customer Support.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for sharing that feature! I think that’s what the issue was with mine and I hadn’t even realized I’d turned them off! Fingers crossed that it was the issue, I don’t want to deal with the hassle of doing the hard reset

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever get a resolution?  Mine is doing the same thing.  I only get notifications when it's time to get more steps in to meet my daily goal. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My vibration feature is turned on and still doesn't work.  Turned it on and off with the left button you mention and still not vibration other than reminding me to take my steps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I also had to reconnect my Versa to my WiFi and then had to make sure my old Fitbit Alta was disconnected and told my phone to “forget device” under its Bluetooth settings, since doing that mine now works
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done all of those things already. Worked for a day and then stopped again.

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to make sure the settings were right on my iPhone (under settings and then scroll down to notifications - and also double check your settings for FitBit in your iPhone settings) AND within the FitBit ap. I also needed to make sure I looked at the settings on the actual Versa device- if you swipe towards the aps there’s s settings feature on the Versa. Also if you open the FitBit ap on your phone on the top right there is little icon that can take you to another screen to toggle some features. This is where I made sure my WiFi was connected and then played around with the notifications
Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow....the moderator couldn't suggest this? Great tip and fixed my problem! Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. I have been in contact with fitbit for 2 days and we just keep troubleshooting the same way....over and over again. 

The link isnt helpful, I am receiving notifications,  my Versa just wont vibrate.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. I just recieved my watch yesterday and it was vibrating yesterday, but today it is no longer vibrating and I have not changed anything.

Best Answer