Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vibration not working for text/call notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My versa isn't vibrating or telling me when i get a call or text.  When i pull down they are there but i want the notification.  

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
390 REPLIES 390

You are very welcome

Best Answer
0 Votes

Brilliant! This worked for me. I must have held that button down and unknown to me turned vibration off! It’s now back on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That was it!!! Thank you so much 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update, folks! Sounds great that your Versa is receiving notifications again! Please feel free to keep us posted if you have further questions, doubts, comments or concerns. 

Have you all a nice day! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's IT!!!

Excellent

I was wondering for days what was going on, turns out my kids had been playing with it and turned off notifications from watch! Hold left button, swipe left and it's right there!

Thank you!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hope you are doing great, @Ed-baby! I appreciate the update. 🙂 

As you mentioned, those are the steps to turn on/off the notifications on your Versa. So I appreciate you have shared them here in the thread. 

Please feel free to share any other comment or question. I'll be glad to help you out! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem.  My text, phone, etc notification function (vibration) is not working.  They all worked for several weeks and suddenly stopped for no reason that I can discern.  I read and followed the suggestions described in this chain and still nothing.  Please note that my Fitbit had to be replaced recently because the battery on the one I purchased more or less died.   

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, I spoke to Fitbit and they had mentioned to restart the Fitbit. And that worked. And now it works fine.

Try that. See if that works. 

Because mine did stop working also, and I did chat with Fitbit and they mentioned to me to do that. And now it works great.

So try that. Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Check to see if your old Fitbit is showing as connected to your phone. Your
new one won’t work properly if the old one has not been removed from your
phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Tristan, you are a legend! I must have accidentally done this, probably in my sleep! I hadn't realised how much I miss my vibration notices until they were gone and you have brought them back! Thank you so much! 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Easy fix!

Simply press and hold the back button until the "screen wake" or "music controls" screen pops up and press "notifications" to ON.

This accidentally gets pressed and turned off sometimes!  Same issue happens periodically to me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This tip was the ONE! After trying everything else suggested, holding down the left button until “notifications” came up was the fix. It was “off” even though it was showing “on” everywhere else....even on my phone app! I hope this works for others also! Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. My notifications on the watch reflect that it is on.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I must have hit the button on the left hand side as a user stated. I checked that and the notifications were off. This worked after turning them back on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me! Thx!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hold down the left button until a menu pops up and make sure the notifications aren’t turned off. Same thing happened to me. I tried everything people recommended. Finally, I called because nothing worked. It was that simple. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

THANK YOU!

feel so stupid but this simple step worked for me... 

I changed my straps the other day and must have switched it off by accident!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you restart the Fitbit? That has worked for me. I hold the bottom
right and side left down at the same time to do a restart. Good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes

and the real answer is: it's the left single button on  your versa.  hold it in a couple of times and you will see option to turn vib on or off.  

Best Answer

Thank you! I didn’t know this was a thing. Just checked this function and it showed me notifications were off despite my checking and turning it on in the settings.

Best Answer
0 Votes