Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume won't go up or down on Versa itself

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have loaded my music onto the versa!  However I am unable to turn up or down the volume.  It appears as if there are the + - buttons on the right hand side.  When I pressed those buttons, nothing happened.  Should I try restarting my fitbit?  Ultimately I would like to control the volume of the music from the fitbit versa when using my earbuds.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
111 REPLIES 111

I have had the same issue, first with the airpods, and then the $180 Jaybird Vista and had the same problem. I got the volume to work for 10 seconds on the new pair and then nothing again. I think I'm gonna have to switch watches and not headphones.

Best Answer

"Hey guys, @kkeogh84@Scooter2@Juleshtown49@tasha831 and @bitBitbit, thanks for your participation here in the Community! I totally understand how you feel about this inconvenience with the Apple Airpods, but as I've mentioned, I have no updates yet about this, but trust me, our team is working on this and trying to find a solution, and as soon as I have a response, I will share it with in here. In the meantime, I will appreciate your patience and understanding. 

Let me know if you have further questions! "

Now it has been over 2 years. 2 years. Let that sink in. To say this is bad is an understatement. However, to profess that the tech team was working on this issue then and it is still not resolved not only looks bad, it probably captures the culture of the company.

Best Answer

Having long since given up any hope that FitBit are serious about fixing this, I'm still certain it's an intentional limitation designed to frustrate Apple customers.

There is a simple solution. My wife and I, both long time FitBit customers, recently ditched our FitBit devices in favour of Apple Watches. I don't miss my FitBit at all and wish I'd switched a lot sooner.

The Apple Watch does everything my FitBit could do and much more with none of the frustrations.

If FitBit had shown some signs of genuinely wanting to fix this issue, I would have remained a customer but there hasn't even been a response to this long thread from FitBit in months, maybe years. I think that tells us all we need to know about how much FitBit values customers.

Best Answer

Yup, you are a smart man.  Welcome to the light.  Fitbit is do-do.

Apple Watches might be twice the price of a Versa but they are capable of doing many more things and are so much more dependable.  My wife and I love our 44mm series 5.

Best Answer
Not a problem, I bought different ear pods 👍

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Almost 2 years on, is this issue actually getting looked at or considered to fix? I can't control volume when using airpods with my versa 2. Really disappointing that it seems nothing has changed even after saying the issue is being looked at. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's now 2021 and still no solution! 😂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So today I thought I would give it another go and try listening to some downloaded music on my fitbit versa again with my Apple Air Pods Pro, having done nothing different whatsoever, and guess what, the volume buttons on my fitbit versa,  + / -,  now actually work and adjust the music levels on my Air Pods to a more audible level. Like I said, I haven't done anything different and I listened to the same music that I put on when I first commented on this post back in May last year! Very strange! Could there have been an update that has corrected this? Who knows but I'm just glad that finally, after all this time it actually works, and hopefully it will stay that way! 😁

Best Answer
0 Votes

U can't control volume when using alexa either cant hear but a whisper just give us the update to fix it.

They haven't fixed yet and at this point not sure they ever will, probably when u buy a new watch.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

All I do now is just use as a watch...I will never buy one again though..waste of money..

it actually is a waste of time and money

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S9 - Powered by Three

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Hi all, I found that if I turn off the Bluetooth on my iPhone, then I can get the watch to successfully adjust the volume. It’s like the two devices are conflicting. Hope that helps others!

still will probably get an Apple Watch eventually but at least I don’t have to right now

Best Answer

Hi everyone, 

Thank you for sharing your experience with music control on your Versa smartwatch. I appreciate the troubleshooting performed prior to posting. 

I see where your disappointment is coming from. I'd like you to make sure you're following these tips to control music on your Fitbit device:

1. If you have an Android or Windows 10 phone, first turn on Bluetooth Classic to control music on your phone. If you have an iPhone, skip this step.
    1. Open the Settings app 

on your Fitbit device 

Bluetooth > Restore Music Controls.

2. On your phone, navigate to the Bluetooth settings where paired devices are listed. Your phone will scan for available devices.
    3. When you see Classic next to your Fitbit device, tap it.
  1. While music is playing on your phone, swipe down from the top of your screen on your watch. After your notifications appear, swipe down again to open the control center. Tap the music controls icon 

2. You might need to change the audio source to your phone if you previously listened to music stored on your watch. Tap the 3 dots, then tap the phone icon to change the audio source to your phone.

As mentioned by others on the forums, to control the volume, you need to tap on the plus or minus icons on the watch itself. Learn more about it in this article How do I control music with my Fitbit device? 

This thread will be closed, if needed feel free to create a new post, we'll be happy to jump in. 

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer