Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you think of the Versa 2 ???

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Had mine this morning and to be honest quite disappointed, hardly any difference to my old Versa, Alexa doesn’t work properly, and totally hate the the new charger, what idiot thought it would be good to have the lead coming from underneath instead of from the back like the old one, just can’t get the charger to sit flat at all, so basically think it was a waste of money

Best Answer
53 REPLIES 53

I like mine and the Alexa integration, but I still wish we could answer calls on it.  I agree with the others, I don't like the fact that the chargers aren't backwards compatible.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Agree...would love if it had a speaker so it could handle calls.  Maybe the next watch?

Best Answer
0 Votes

HA I literally just created a post on my immediate thought on how terrible the new Versa 2 charger is!  How idiotic that the cable comes straight out the bottom so it's no longer flat to sit nicely on a surface!?

Best Answer

I’m somewhat miffed that Alexa can’t see the smart lights I have setup around the house. The rest of the Fitbit/Alexa integration seems to work, but it resolutely says I have no smart home devices.

The main reason I got the versa 2 was to control smart devices, so I’m considering sending mine back.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It should work if you've set up the Amazon Alexa phone app. If you have smart home devices it's way easier to control them from a speaker or phone as Alexa is voice activated on those. Alexa on the versa 2 IMO is just to save you some taps and swipes when setting up timers and alarms, checking weather and starting exercises. Ive been using her to reply to messages while I'm away from my phone too.

I love mine so far. I have my V1 to my gf. Love that the screen is smooth, brighter and more color accurate. It looks more premium and hides the bezel well. It's much easier to see in sunlight. Sleep and DND mode are also great additions. Now my watch isn't blowing up with email and group chat notifications while I'm trying to sleep. I used to have to turn them off manullay then I'd forget to turn them back on when I woke up.

All in all this is solid device, but probably not worth upgrading from the V1 unless you plan on handing it down like I did.

Best Answer

couldn't agree more

Best Answer
0 Votes

that must be very frustrating, have you tried ringing fitbit, perhaps they can help

Best Answer
0 Votes

After trying all yesterday evening, to no avail, i woke up this morning and it’s now working. Maybe it just took a while to connect to the smart lights.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad it eventually worked for you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Used mine for the first time this morning during a swim and I couldn't get the Versa 2 to show lap count during the swim like the Ionic does.  My Ionic ironically decided not to work anymore (no power no charge) on the day the Versa 2 came out... so I took the plunge for a Versa 2 and attempted to use it to track my swimming, like I have since the Ionic came out in 2017, to find out it didn't display laps while swimming... (Normally 80 laps in a 25yd pool while listening to music, if I have to count I lose count).

I will return the Versa 2. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh dear sorry to hear that, think they brought it out to soon, think they should give it out to testers to iron out the bugs first

Best Answer
0 Votes

Think the Versa 2 is great so far having not had the Versa 1 but an older blaze so big upgrade. I was just trying to work out if you can change the always on watch face as I have a good design when watch is on normally but it’s ruined by a cheap looking analogue/digital design which I don’t want on my wrist all the time. Any suggestions or are we stuck with just 2 designs for the always on watch setting?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well I've changed my watch face quite a few times, so you should be able to, although it does say if you use always on it will drain your battery, that's why I haven't used it

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Garycsmart  There are only the two options (digital or analog) for the always-on clock face. Unfortunately, you cannot have the watch face you choose be always-on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well didn't know that, but it's no problem to just tap the screen or just move your wrist to see the screen

Best Answer
0 Votes

Correct. They probably did this deliberately to mitigate battery drain.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I helped a friend set up his V2 I'm still using the 1. The V2 is faster, has a better screen, much better design IMO, Fitbit Pay built in, and of course Alexa. I think it could be a good upgrade depending on what you value. I've loved my V1 and I swim with it at least 3 days a week with no problem. I'm hesitant to upgrade, but I'll let y'all be my beta testers and I'll upgrade at Christmas. lol

Best Answer

I personally really like my Versa 2 so far despite the CHARGER being trash.  The battery life has been really good, I have had no issues with Alexa at all.  It is able to reply to messages with my voice, it can control my Alexa enabled wifi plugs, thermostat, etc.  It also can answer relatively basic questions on the screen (no speaker).  The oled screen is vivid and bright.  I have had no connection issues like some others have said, I can get the Alexa to work even if my phone is not on me but in the same general area including my whole house.  Fitbit pay is standard now (no special edition needed).  It is also much faster moving around and doing stuff due to the faster processor on the Versa 2.  Overall I believe this is definitely an improvement over the original Versa and it is starting to be a smarter smartwatch imo.

Best Answer

Had it for about a week and so far I like it. The nice screen and the always on display are good features, although at some cost of battery life. Alexa integration is very neat. 

The only downside seems to be some reduced features during exercise tracking, especially in swimming where all the previous features have been removed, which seems like a very bizarre design choice. And of course, the dumb charger cable issue...

Best Answer
0 Votes

at least you can use your watch, not compatible with my Samsung S10+. GRR

Best Answer
0 Votes