Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you think of the Versa 2 ???

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Had mine this morning and to be honest quite disappointed, hardly any difference to my old Versa, Alexa doesn’t work properly, and totally hate the the new charger, what idiot thought it would be good to have the lead coming from underneath instead of from the back like the old one, just can’t get the charger to sit flat at all, so basically think it was a waste of money

Best Answer
53 REPLIES 53

They are very slow in making fitbit compatable with new mobiles, and don't really understand why, should be up to date with all new systems before they launch it

Best Answer

yes they should be compatible before ever launching them especially since my phone has been out. called for support and their reply was "we dont know when it will work with your phone"

Best Answer
0 Votes

Now I know to check before deciding on buying a new phone 🙂

Overall happy with it, its not perfect but it fits my needs better than any other smartwatch. The only thing I would like is the OS to be a bit smoother because its lagging and hanging when swiping between the apps.

Was between the Galaxy Active 2 and although the Samsung has a better app ecosystem and it's more of a smart watch than versa, I decided to go with versa cause of the flowing reasons.

+ Alexa integration and my smart home devices

+ Samsung pay doesn't work in my country where Fitbit pay does

+ Battery life

+ price

For the potential buyers of this watch who never had a fitbit before (same as me) if you are looking for a smart watch to browse websites, watch youtube on, install any app you can think of I would suggest to go look somewhere else. Personally I have a people a phone for that and don't need a phone on their wrist but everyone has different needs. 

Best Answer

Hi all,

just want to let you all know what my first impressions are after using the Versa 2 for one week now.

1. First of all, I want to congratulate Fitbit with the release of this product. Why:

2. Touch response is very rapid 

3. Some apps, like in my case, Philips Hue, did not work on the Versa, but works flawlessly on the Versa 2 due to the build in WiFi

3. Screen is an amazing update. Where the Versa looked sometimes to bright, and thus not natural, the Versa 2, although you might think the brightness is less, is more realistic. This is using the same CF as on the Versa

4. Installation of the Versa 2 was a piece of cake and very fast (15 minutes), while this took very much longer on the Versa

5. Synchronization between Fitbit app an Versa 2 is much smoother and faster, even after a while being out of BT range. Disconnection between Fitbit and Versa 2 almost does not exist

6. Finally and most important untill now: the battery is amazing. I charged my Versa 2 last wednesday evening and now, being monday evening in my country, my battery is on 49%. I have to admit that I installed the Versa 2 as I did with the Versa, but the Versa had to be charged by now due to the Fitbit message "low battery". The only notifications I have enabled are Calendar and Calls, the rest is useless for me, but using a CF with a very small size saves the battery life enormously.

Did I encounter last week any problems with the Versa 2? Nope, not at all, maybe I'm just a lucky guy, but in most of the times "luck" runs out sooner or later but I never had any problems with all the Fitbit products I have owned and also never needed Customer Support. Congrats again to Fitbit for a much improved version of the original Versa and keep on the good work. Regards kuzibri

UPDATE: Just got a message from Fitbit that my battery level is low, e.g. 25%. My new Versa 2 lasted exactly 7 days on one charge, amazing!!! 

Best Answer

The Versa 2 has a faster processor and an OLED screen which should be brighter and give darker darks. 

As for built in WiFi, the Ionic, Versa, and Versa 2 all have WiFi but will only turn on WiFi while on the charger and charging. Phillips Hue on all 3 Versa models still communicate through the phone

Best Answer

Hi @Rich_Laue , thanks for your answer. Just tried it out: connected within the Fitbit app to my WiFi network and with the Versa 2 on my wrist and not in the charger. Started the Hue app on my Versa 2 and it worked flawlessly. Of course WiFi  on the Versa 2 will only work as long as your phone has connection with your network. Regards kuzibri

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner I've merged your thread with an existing thread discussing people's impressions of the Versa 2.

Yes it is possible to force it to connect to WiFi as you describe above whilst not being in the charger. Under normal use though it will only connect to WiFi whilst on charge (check for app updates). 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @N8teGee , thanks for the info, regards kuzibri

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner I am glad to hear you are happy with your Versa 2 though, I too am very happy with mine. For me the big upgrade is the Alexa integration and being able to dictate replies on the watch. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @N8teGee , yes I'm very happy with it. Alas Alexa is not available in my country yet, but eagerly awaiting for it. At this moment I'm especially surprised with the battery life. I'm now at the end of the sixth day after the first charge and it's now on 41%. Regards kuzibri

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Hi @Rich_Laue , thanks for your answer. Just tried it out: connected within the Fitbit app to my WiFi network and with the Versa 2 on my wrist and not in the charger. Started the Hue app on my Versa 2 and it worked flawlessly. Of course WiFi  on the Versa 2 will only work as long as your phone has connection with your network. Regards kuzibri

I'm really not sure what you mean here. Either the Versa 2 has direct connection to the network via WiFi or is connecting to your mobile via BT that will rely connection with your home IoT devices via mobile WiFi.

The answer is the second, not differently than Versa 1

In other words WiFi on Versa devices in only used for firmware updates and music transfer from PC.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Versa charger does not work with a versa 2. Different shape

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately if you are a swimmer the Versa 2 swim app is completely brain dead. Only tracks duration, not lap count, lap times etc. The SmartTrack does not track lap time.

So for a swimmer the versa 2 is a huge backward step. The versa 1 was very poor (uploading calories not lap times). The Versa 2 makes the Versa 1 look good.

Best Answer
0 Votes

does seem like they didn't think this out at all before putting it out for sale, can't possibly have used any testers to try it out for them first can they, just guessed and put it out

Best Answer
0 Votes