Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatsapp/FB Notifications for Fitbit Versa

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Do you know if Fitbit Versa will be able to show whatsapp or fb messages notifications for Iphone users? I read in previous comments about it saying that it only works for Android but what about IOS?

Moderator edit: updated label

Best Answer
0 Votes
91 REPLIES 91

Any fitbit support can tell?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

my versa doesn’t show fab/WhatsApp notifications..

how it works??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Mayurirohit, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! I'd like to ask you this, what type of phone are you using to sync with your Versa, is it a compatible device? In the meantime, let me ask you this, are you getting call and/or other notifications? 

Let me know! So I can help you out better! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @AlessFitbit @HeydyF 

I have "Apple iPhone 6s Plus" and last week I bought new FitBit Versa and setup properly.

I receive SMS and Phone call notifications, however I really want to get Whatsapp and Facebook Messenger which I heavily use. I read these thread and tried all the steps:

- Whatsapp settings >> Notification >> Turn-Off all.

- Sync to FitBit.

- Restart phone.

- Whatsapp settings >> Notification >> Turn-On all.

- Sync to FitBit.

- Restart phone.

But still not receiving any messages.

Please help.

Thanks,

Arvi

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have "Apple iOS 11.4.1" version.

Please let me know how to get this issue fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ArviKatla Hey, there! Welcome to the Fitbit Community forums. Thanks for stopping by the Versa board. Great to hear you've joined the Versa Fam! Smiley Happy

In order for What's App and Facebook Messenger notifications to show on your Versa watch, you need to enable each one inside of the Fitbit app

Try the following:

• Inside of the Fitbit app, go to Account >Versa >Notifications
  • Select App Notifications 
  • In this tab, you must toggle on notifications for What's app and Facebook Messenger
  • Apps are added to this list after they have sent notifications to your phone already

Hope this does the trick for you! Let me know if you still need some guidance. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I have a iPhone tho 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey! I just got my Fitbit Versa and I am really struggling with getting notifications on it! My Bluetooth is on, but when I go to app notifications it says “apps will be added to your list after they send notifications to your phone” even though I’ve been getting notifications for a good few hours now and still nothing? Any advice? 

Best Answer

Hi there! I am on an iPhone and just set up my versa. Despite getting notifications from WhatsApp on my phone, it is not showing up as an option in the app to toggle on. Is there a workaround?

Best Answer

FullSizeRender.jpeg

at Fitbit app, tap the top left Versa icon

select - Notifications

select - App Notifications 

choose - WhatsApp Messenger 

the end 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Whatsapp is not an option on the list.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

I have a versa and I get message notifications but not whatsapp. I am currently trying to fix that though

Best Answer

I have a versa and have turned on notifications on the Fitbit app and on the whatsapp app but still don’t get notifications. I have an iPhone 5

Best Answer

Had a blaze and got Facebook and WhatsApp notifications with no issues, now have Verda but get non of those now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there.
My Fitbit Versa Lite used to notify me WhatsApp messages, but since yesterday stopped getting notifications.
I checked all the steps you mention but everything is like it should be. 😞 I don't know what to do. I receive all kind of notifications except for WhatsApp. 

PS: I got a Samsung J7 prime

Best Answer

Same here. On a Versa and pixel 3a I get everything else but WhatsApp and it definitely has notification permission.  This seems to have happened going up to Android Q.

Best Answer

Hi!! I already fixed it!! 

I just uninstalled the Fitbit app on my phone, re installed and then check permissions again and PUM!

Everything is working again 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Reinstalling the app worked, but what I think I did to break it was turn off 'let Fitbit always have access to location' and that broke WhatsApp

Best Answer
0 Votes

The service worked until last Thursday. I can get phone calls and gmail but sms and whatsapp has stopped. There was a Fitbit update that my phone automatically installed around the time it stopped working. Could that be the cause?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Whatsapp notification just would not appear in my Versa 2 no matter how many times I reboot my S9 or restart the tracker. I went thro all the procedure of setting notifications in the phone and in the Fitbit app but would not work. Notifications for SMS, calendar and email works fine but not Whatsapp. Then I read a suggestion in the Fitbit community on uninstalling and re-installing the Fitbit app. This I did and in re-installing the app I followed the prompts on permissions etc and hooray the tracker now alerts me on Whatsapp messages. Like most gadgets, if it does not work then switch it off and back on again.

Best Answer
0 Votes