Access to full music functions during workout tracking

I was disappointed to find that when I track exercise I cannot switch between playlists and choose specific songs as I can in the music app. The only functions currently available are fast forward, volume and device output (when you hold down the button) which are basic functions already on my wireless headphones. I have different playlists for different parts of my workout which I switch between during my workout. I also like to scroll through songs to choose the one I want. This is available in the music app on the ionic but not during workouts. Please can you look at making this available as it is a real drawback on the ionic. Love my ionic and not having to take my phone with me into the gym but frustrated with the lack of functionality during workouts. 

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

108 Comments
Lipwell
Jogger
I would like to be able to activate the running app AND be able to advance songs/tracks on spotify using my watch at the same time.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Lipwell, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to access the Spotify app while tracking your exercises with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support, we'll keep tracking this request over time.

EveL12
First Steps

Hi Fitbit! Please can we have a valid reason why the feature for being able to record an exercise and control Spotify is not being worked on yet.

There is clearly a high demand for it and it seems completely pointless having Spotify if you can't skip a track during your run. I'd very much like to start an official petition for this to be made available, please can you help with this?

Many thanks

Jenn94
First Steps
While exercising, the only way to control music is to exit that app. Even if I have music as a shortcut, I still have to stop the exercise activity in order to control music.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Jenn94, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having access to music functions during your exercise with us. I noticed that a similar idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. Make sure to support this idea by adding your vote as this helps our development team to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

flagrant99
Recovery Runner

I completely agree. I have a sense. want to use spotify and it says I have to stop tracking my exercise. What? Also make offline work as well. 

ryscor
First Steps

Its totally redundant feature meaning you need to have your phone on you when exercising. 

For this reason alone, thinking of moving to another tracker. 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this Product Feedback! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.