Add more golf GPS features to Fitbit devices

would love to see more golf features added like the ability to check distance to the flag, front and back of green, track strokes, and so on

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

111 Comments
linksfiend
First Steps

When using during a golf round, how about displaying a gps range to the front/center/back of the green on the display (when paired with a phone if necessary)?

tarheelblue07
Jogger

It would be great if the Surge could link up with an existing golf GPS app to display yardages while on the golf course.  

bobby2478
Tempo Runner

Definitely agree with this.  Make it a smartwatch, activity tracker and golf rangefinder all in one device.

The new Garmin Vivoactive watch will include this functionality.  I'm already in the Fitbit ecosystem with my Charge HR, I'd rather upgrade to the Surge and have everything in one place in one ecosystem rather than go buy the Garmin Vivoactive.

I'd buy the Surge in a second if it added Golf rangefinder with downloadable courses.  That way I can wear it while on the course, it will track my activity and heart rate, as well as show me yardage to the pin etc all without having to wear multiple devices or take my phone out of my pocket before each swing.

golferx324
First Steps

i checked my steps the other day while riding in a golf cart and it was recording steps

isnt there a way to eliminate steps being added when riding.  how about a golf mode.  anything over 4 mph wont get recorded.

Dino_L
Stepping Up
Since there is gps on the surge, why not have an update that would allow it to be used on the golf course for distances to the front, middle, and back of the greens. There are plenty of apps that do this and many watches that do it as well.
kmac12380
First Steps
What about a FitBit that links to GPS so that you have an all I one device for counting your steps and knowing your yardage for shots on the golf course? I love using my FitBit to help improve my wellness, is love it even more if it could help me on the golf course.
cteacherlearn
Stepping Up

I fully agree! Can't be too hard to add that feature and would bring in a whole other target audience - including me!!

Dino_L
Stepping Up
I'm sure the makers of the Fitbit have been asked if they would. Need more people to comment on the forum. I am wearing the Fitbit, seems silly to put on another watch for golf.

Sent from my iPad
cteacherlearn
Stepping Up

Yes, need to try to get many more people to comment on this but it certainly will take time. Any idea on when the next version of Surge with new features would come out?

PaulCChord
First Steps

Great idea. I love my Surge and want to use it MORE. Better GOLF application is at the top of my list. Make use of that GPS!!! The database is already out there with thousands of courses. I want to check my Surge for yardage to the center of the green. Make it so, #1.

PaulCChord
First Steps

I need this. Do it, FitBit!!! Sick of looking at my phone for yardage during a round of golf.

@linksfiend wrote:

When using during a golf round, how about displaying a gps range to the front/center/back of the green on the display (when paired with a phone if necessary)?

kalka
First Steps

better yet, fitbit could integrate with apps which analyze your swing (replacing the need for an extra device, like zepp)...

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
CindyFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey there @Dino_L it's nice to see you around! This is a great suggestion, let me pass it along to our developers team for consideration.

Thanks for stopping by, see you! Woman Wink

cteacherlearn
Stepping Up

Took too long for me - I went and switched to Garmin Vivoactive before the golf season was over here...

Dino_L
Stepping Up
Hi Cindy!
Thanks for the reply and passing this on. I think a lot of people who golf would love to use there Fitbit for distance measuring on the golf course.
Dino

Sent from my iPad
HFEKAIKI
First Steps

Tried other yard finders but having golf yardage (and may be analytics) on the Surge would certainly make it indispensable. Otherwise I'd be looking at the Microsoft Band 2... which I don't think would be as simple and accessible as FitBits.

AntGrozy
First Steps
Hello there. Do you have any plans to introduce a new app where I can use my surge to track distances etc whilst I am a playing golf? ? The app would definately be a big selling point in my opinion.

Regards

Ant
mholian85249
First Steps

I agree! I think this could work by integrating with an existing golf app, e.g. Hole19, and passing distance information to the fitbit device much like audio information is passed. Hole and Front Middle Back yardage should be plenty adequate, and I would pay a few buch for that in an app!

Is there anyway you could develop a future update to the Golf exercise tracker that can track your golf strokes as you play? Nothing fancy just a way to track each stroke during your round of golf?
Zeller
First Steps

They need to add an exercise for skiing and golf that also tracks with the GPS. It would be nice if we can enter golf swings as well to track playing. This is for the blaze watch.

Moderator edit: Added label

hermie66
First Steps

Hi

What about a golf app where you can download golf courses. The watch then shows you the distances to the green, let you count strokes and so on. Anything what other golf watches can do (garmin).

René

bgalcor
Recovery Runner

Link into a golf course gps distance determining service... So you can look at your blaze to determine the distance to the green or a hazard.

Moderator edit: Labels - Clarified subject

verogolfer
First Steps

It appears that none of the Fit Smartwacthes can use Hole19 wearable golf app.  As anyone found an app that will be supported by FitBit?

If there are none, the Garmin S20 is certainly worth a look.  Same price break-point.

Look forward to hearing from FitBit!

azaacron
First Steps
Next week would be good!!
Indalo
First Steps

A FitBit link or app that would let me use it on a golf course would be a major gamechanger. It would save me having to use a separate SkyCaddie when I already have a FitBit Blaze on my wrist. Please develop this golf app feature asap

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.