Add more golf GPS features to Fitbit devices

would love to see more golf features added like the ability to check distance to the flag, front and back of green, track strokes, and so on

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

111 Comments
Jte3
First Steps

Wonder if fitbit has ever responded to the request? 

June52
First Steps

It would be a great addition to add a GPS for golf courses on fitbit. I would be very interested in purchasing. Love my fitbit and thus addition would be awesome. 

June52
First Steps

Love this idea

Status changed to: Released
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @bgalcor and commenters. Great to see there's so much interest in golfing!

Whilst we don't have any plans to release this on Blaze as per your original request, your suggestion to have golf as an exercise mode has been implemented on Ionic. Fitbit Ionic tracks over 20 types of activities with real-time stats using Exercise mode, including biking, bootcamp, circuit training, elliptical, golfing, hiking, kickboxing, martial arts, Pilates, running,  spinning, stair climber, swimming, tennis, walking, weights, yoga, and a generic workout mode.

At launch, Ionic will also offer various apps including Weather powered by AccuWeather, Pandora, Starbucks (North America only) and the App Gallery will continue to expand with other popular apps expected this Fall, including GAME GOLF!

You can learn more about Fitbit Ionic at https://www.fitbit.com/ionic, and the rest of the Fitbit family of products at https://www.fitbit.com/compare.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feedback with us.

Jte3
First Steps
👍👍👍👍🏌🏼🏌🏼❤️🏌🏼

Sent from my iPhone
nickiegee
First Steps
Fantastic! That's all anyone could expect! You're hired!

Except I don't have the authority to do so.

Nick
Sent from my iPhone
The George Jazz Group
www.thegeorgejazzgroup.com
Fb: The George Jazz Group
June52
First Steps

look forward to seeing this.

dannyburkett
Stepping Up

Great news to see that things are progressing in the right direction.  I would agree with a recent post that because the Surge already has the GPS, I would have thought that most of the technology is already there and would like to see this implemented.

JCWV
Jogger
This is sounding good...I do note that golf as an exercise doesn't really
capture what I'm looking for. We already track steps which is ok for me.
What I'm looking for is the attachment to the GPS capacity that measures
distance to the green. Does "GAME GOLF" do this? Jane
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @dannyburkett - I'm not aware of any plans to release this on Surge at the moment but feel free to start a new feature request specifically around that.

@JCWV - I don't have any information on that app release yet but keep your eyes on peeled on the Ionic board here for updates on that. In the 'Golf' exercise setting for Ionic, the built-in GPS tracks your route and activity like pace and distance, so it would be possible to track distance to the green once you switch on the 'golf' exercise mode.

Thanks all, glad you're happy with the news!

Dea121
First Steps

A golf gps app that shows distances to hazards as well as front, middle and back of green.Golfshot app on other smart watches is a good example.

arniet
First Steps

i have a garmin golf gps that also measures my steps on the golf course....Can i co-ordinate this information so that I don't have to wear or carry two devices?

sparty_
First Steps

When golfing, a built in feature to select which course you are playing, and from there you can see how far you have to the "green" or pin on any given hole. Similar to garmin, apple watch, etc where it can be a helpful tool to improve performance. Also will prevent people like myself from buying a product other than fitbit 😉

Status changed to: Released
MarreFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone! Great to see there's so much interest in golfing!

Whilst we don't have any plans to release this on Blaze, Charge 2 or any other Fitbit trackers already existing, your suggestion to have golf as an exercise mode has been implemented on Ionic. Fitbit Ionic tracks over 20 types of activities with real-time stats using Exercise mode, including biking, bootcamp, circuit training, elliptical, golfing, hiking, kickboxing, martial arts, Pilates, running,  spinning, stair climber, swimming, tennis, walking, weights, yoga, and a generic workout mode.

At launch, Ionic will also offer various apps including Weather powered by AccuWeather, Pandora, Starbucks (North America only) and the App Gallery will continue to expand with other popular apps expected this Fall, including GAME GOLF!

You can learn more about Fitbit Ionic at https://www.fitbit.com/ionic, and the rest of the Fitbit family of products at https://www.fitbit.com/compare.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feedback with us.

Roballe
First Steps

It would be nice to use the built in gps in the ionic to act as a range finder while playing golf. Not sure if this is already being developed, but one of the reasons I thought about going with Samsung gear instead of fitbit. Happy with ionic choice. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @danmonzon thanks for sharing this suggestion. I imagine this will be really popular with other members. Hope to post an update soon! Thanks

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Roballe, nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Status changed to: Third-Party App
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @danmonzon and commenters, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re excited to let you know that this Feature Suggestion has been developed by a third party developer, and can be downloaded from the Fitbit App Gallery available on Fitbit Smartwatches. You’ll find it by selecting your connected Smartwatch (such as Fitbit Ionic) in the Fitbit app, then choosing the ‘Apps’ tile and toggling to ‘All Apps’ at the top of the screen. You can then explore third party apps by category and choose your favorite of the relevant options available. Happy exploring!

Please note that if you have feedback or a suggestion for the third party app, you can contact the developer directly (if they have shared their contact details publicly). Open their app in the Fitbit App Gallery and you’ll find their contact details under ‘app details’ or ‘clock face details’. Thanks.

dannyburkett
Stepping Up

How do I search for the third party app for my Fitbit Surge?

JCWV
Jogger
Hi folks. I'm very excited about this and downloaded the app, and my first
course. It took a heavy toll on the battery, but no worries!

However...I was not able to download my two favorite courses...got the red
error circle. I tried deleting and re-trying, turning Ionic off/on, etc. No
luck.

Ideas? Thanks, Jane
Roballe
First Steps
Yeah I had a tough time downloading my favs also. Also long time to sync

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S7 active, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
sparty_
First Steps

Is this feature on the newest blaze devise? What's the name of the app?

Roballe
First Steps
I'm using the ionic

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S7 active, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Jte3
First Steps

If there is a third-party app available for the fit bit blaze please furnish the name of the app. I use Apple products

Willtaylor37
Jogger

Please make it so the ionic watch changes holes automatically and add a way to keep score on the watch while golfing. No reason this shouldn't already be in there. My Garmin viviofit hr has those features. Very disappointing that my Fitbit doesn't.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.