Add more golf GPS features to Fitbit devices

would love to see more golf features added like the ability to check distance to the flag, front and back of green, track strokes, and so on

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

111 Comments
Mgbond
Jogger
I want this.
Mgbond
Jogger
I agree. Would really like some kind of link to golf
nickiegee
First Steps

I'm not sure I'm reading this right, is there a golf application for Blaze? I thought I saw something about using Blaze for golf on the packaging? Or was I dreaming? I would love to be able to use it to track distance to the green. It wouldn't have to be complicated with images etc. Is this a possibilty? In short, if there is a Blaze golf app, how do I get to it?

jwebb72
Tempo Runner
I would love this as well, the new Vivoactive Hr can do it so the Blaze needs this to stay competitive.
orvis1
First Steps
I would like to see if a Golf GPS option could be added to my Fitbit to determine distance to the green? I would like to explore this as I really like wearing my Fitbit while I am golfing and not have to get another device that only gives me just distance for golf and not fitness.
fit418holes
First Steps
I understand what the blaze is designed to do but I think using the system it has it would function greatly with a golf function for pin gps and what not
DanJack
Jogger
Sales would go through the roof if a distance to pin and score tracker was added.
vrodrig4
First Steps

This feature will allow me to use the Blaze all the time instead of switching watches or using another GPS device. 

nickiegee
First Steps
Would that gps service be something like golfnow? Is that what you mean? Then the Blaze will automatically link to the app? Thanks for the response.
Jaguarman
First Steps

Yes I would like this too.  Nearly bought the Windows Fitness tracker because had this option.

JamieH83
First Steps

Just got the blaze as a bday gift.  Really liking it so far but would love it if it had a golf gps app.

tcham90795
First Steps

Are ther plans to partner with a golf gps app that shows yardages to the pin?

Kjellberry
First Steps
Would love this as a feature too. Either a Fitbit function or an interface to hole19 or such
Fitgolf
First Steps

Yes, I would love to have this feature on a Fitbit.  Currently, I use the GolfPad app on my phone and it is connected to my Samsung Gear S2 when I golf. Whenever I play golf, I would have to wear both the Samsung Gear S2 (linked to my GolfPad app for yardage and score tracking) and my Fitbit (for my step competition with my Fitbit friends). I would love to just wear only the Fitbit for all that feature.  I would buy the Blaze in a blink of an eye if it can connect to the GolfPad.  By connecting to the GolfPad app, the watch wouldn't need to have a GPS chip onboard. It is already strange wearing both the Gear S2 and the Fitbit charge on the course... it would be over the top wear a Blaze and the Gear S2!

Rgrinnell1
First Steps
YES PLEASE!!!
Gregh52
First Steps
Plz add a true golf app soon...if this cannot be accomplished I'm moving to Garmin who already has a working version with the vivoactive and returning my blaze
jls1967
First Steps

Count me in as someone that would love to see a Golf functionality that would work in conjunction with the phones gps added to the list of uses for Blaze. It would make the Blaze that best in its class in my opinon. 

Abeardsl23
Jogger
Please add some sort of option for use with golf gps. Maybe an addition to the app (I would even pay for this. It doesn't have to be free), where you can choose a course, and then start a round. It could even have a built in stroke counter...which would help my wife!!!! Even if we have to somehow map the course ourselves. PLEASE!!!!!
Bikerdog
Runner

Yes, we need some sort golf yardage integration on the Surge. Currently I have to take off the Surge and wear my old Fitbit One  for the steps and then put on my Garmin Golf watch for the golf yardage. If Garmin and even Microsoft activity trackers can give us golf yardage why not Fitbit? 

kenlpeters
Runner

I like this idea.  I think with the new Firmware maybe you can turn on notifications from a GPS Golf App on your phone to send notifications to the watch.  I would like the watch to track more stats when choose golf as an exercise.  Not sure exactly what it can track but information about swing, etc. would be cool.

ctarden
Jogger

I love my new FitBit Blaze however, I feel like we're missing an opportunity to compete with Garmin and other fitness watches that have Golf apps.  I work for a Golf company and would be happy to help test and guide product development for such an app.  You could use the connected GPS and alerts to solve this issue fairly easily, you would just need to keep your cell phone in your pocket. 

Jplup
First Steps
I vote for that, this is important feature
ctarden
Jogger

No other golfers would like this???

@ctarden wrote:

I love my new FitBit Blaze however, I feel like we're missing an opportunity to compete with Garmin and other fitness watches that have Golf apps.  I work for a Golf company and would be happy to help test and guide product development for such an app.  You could use the connected GPS and alerts to solve this issue fairly easily, you would just need to keep your cell phone in your pocket. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Yes, please!!!

Sph7285
First Steps

Hello I play golf regularly and would pay to have a golf app which links to my blaze. Is this something possibly for the future? I know there are other products out there but all my friends and family own fitbits so it's a bit of a competition between us all. I'm not looking for massive amount of data just yardage to the green would be great. 

Many thanks

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.