Add more golf GPS features to Fitbit devices

would love to see more golf features added like the ability to check distance to the flag, front and back of green, track strokes, and so on

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

111 Comments
dannyburkett
Stepping Up

Might as well just use the walk exercise as the current golf setting is practially useless.  The distance to the green and scoring would actually make it something that can be used.

Jazming
Jogger

Someone pointed me to this post. I just posted nearly the exact same thing a day or so ago. I think it would attract a new audience, while also getting them more involved in their health. It would be great if a distance golf app could somehow be incorporated. 

cdbevan
Jogger

I agree though I don't need a stroke counter.

Jte3
First Steps

Golf gps to hole 

Fourcooks
First Steps

Make this happen. I have to move my charge 2 to my right wrist so I can wear my golf gps watch on my left. Would much rather just wear my Fitbit Charge 2 to track distance to front middle and back of green 

Golfwanabe
First Steps

Would love to have an app that would display on my Blaze the distance needed.  Should be an app out there that would work with Fitbit to do this?

TPW29
First Steps

I agree. I see no need for me to purchase the larger Fitbit's as the HR2 does everything I need. However, I would be willing to upgrade immediately to a Fitbit that has GPS built in for measuring the distance to the front, middle and back of a green for golf. There are other activity trackers that do this. Perhaps it's time to make a brand switch.

Familymandshep
First Steps

Golf app please and fitbit would be the best out!

Denster
First Steps

I bought the blaze for exercising at the gym and for walks and is great for this. The only thing missing is gps yardage for golf. I know a few people who have other brands that do this as well as monitor heart rate etc and for a similar price.

Jte3
First Steps

Certainly the software is available! Since Microsoft dropped their band  that had GPS golf software I wonder why fit bit couldn't acquire this feature. I know several of my golfers that would be very interested.

DanglinUnit
First Steps

Will there ever be an application where I can find out the distance to a hole on my FitBit while playing golf via GPS?

m00nman1972
Recovery Runner

The potential of this idea really needs to be taken on board by FitBit...so many golfers out there I've spoken to want a device which incorporated GPS for golf courses around the world. Get on it developers before you get left behind! The market is huge!!!

nickiegee
First Steps
I'm with you moonman!

Nick
Sent from my iPhone
The George Jazz Group
www.thegeorgejazzgroup.com
Fb: The George Jazz Group
Cstonemmm
First Steps

The lack of this feature will drive me to a Garmin.  

Jte3
First Steps
Yes

Sent from my iPhone
BKESQ
First Steps

Would love to be able to see distance to center of green. Stroke counting would be good but not a deal breaker.  Tons of gps golf aps out there with course info.  Just need to push the yardage to the Fitbit display.

Abeardsl23
Jogger

Agreed on the stroke counting. Just distance!

Jte3
First Steps

Has anybody been able to get a response from fit bit if there is anything in the works going in this direction.? Had this feature on my Microsoft band but Microsoft band was  defective and Microsoft stock selling the ban.  Have Bush Nell glasses but I really like the band also   

Abeardsl23
Jogger
I have not heard anything☹️
Abeardsl23
Jogger
I have not heard anything☹️
JCWV
Jogger

A golf app would be so helpful - consistent with several comments offered here. I'd love an all in one Surge. What's the timeline for any implementation though? My Surge has died, after a long friendship - I don't want to go to a non Fitbit platform. The comments I've seen are a couple of years old - any movement on this idea?

Dino_L
Stepping Up
I don't think Fitbit has any intention of doing this. They would have to team up with another platform that already does it. I already bought a golf watch cuz I know Fitbit doesn't want to invest in this. Just like they won't improve the band on the Surge.

Sent from my iPad
Patieno1
First Steps

100% agree with above, I've got the Alta hr and was playing golf yesterday with someone who had the distance to green on their device (not sure exact one) so got home and thought I'd just sell my Alta for the one that had this, so when I found out there wasn't one I was quite shocked to be honest. I like Fitbit as a lot of my friends have it so we compete each week which helps motivate me to do more which is why I haven't just bought a Garwin one. 

Is a golf app going to happen?

MHagreis
First Steps

Love to get a better integration with any golf app or gps tracking info

the current solution is to thin and Fitbit can get a group of customers what isn't scared of investing a hundred euro.

Tri_golfer
First Steps

It's a shame you couldn't link Golfshot mobile app to the Fitbit blaze. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.