Add Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) to Fitbit pay

Add RBS, Barclaycard, Capital One, MBNA and any other major UK banks or credit cards to fitbit pay

Moderator edit: title, label

53 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @steviebca thanks for adding this suggestion. It's really important to parse out each bank that you want in the UK, so we can get an accurate idea of demand and keep the boards organized. Please see/vote on these existing suggestions for other UK banks:

I've adjusted the title of this suggestion for RBS and I suggest you add a new suggestion for MBNA. Please make sure to search before posting. Thanks

Status changed to: Under Consideration
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration. Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

Chihuahua-love
First Steps

I too would like to get RBS. NATWEST as well as other major banks on board with Fitbit pay. 

I too upgraded my charge hr 2 for the versa as the wireless pay suited my life style 

Weegyavlover
First Steps

I would like to see this added to Fitbit pay.  Had an apple watch previously but much prefer Fitbit fitness tracking compared to that, however The Apple watch provides so much more integration with the environment around about it via the apps available including Apple Pay which is seemless.  It would appear that no wrist based smart tech does it all but if fitbit pay was to pull it finger out and sort this out it would be a massive leap forward in making it come closer to having the smarter watch out there.

Chihuahua-love
First Steps
That is so true.
Sadly the uk Fitbit smart watch users are getting a bit of a bum deal.
I have an iPhone as well that doesn’t have all compatibility to all of the versa’s features.
Hurry up Fitbit pay let’s try and get these uk banks on board.
And hopefully crack the iOS so we too can use all the features. 😉

Sent from my iPhone
Scotth1922
Stepping Up

I too would like to get RBS

Kennybrown
Jogger

Fitbit just don't care take your money for fit pay  and only have banks I have never heard of in UK what a RIP off have asked to add RBS and bos to list but no joy biggest banks in UK not on list lol

Fitness_Panda
First Steps

Is there any update on if/when RBS will be added to Fitbit Pay? The Fitbit Pay app was part of the advert that I saw when I decided to buy the Versa, and now I feel very misled to find that the majority of UK banks aren't supported. Seems like false advertising to me, something to complain about.

I've seen lots of people posting about this issue, but no replies from Fitbit with any information about when there might be improvements. This is very frustrating!!

Kennybrown
Jogger
I feel the same false advertising maybe time to talk to advertising authorities Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Charlotte98
First Steps

Adding more banks onto Fitbit pay for UK users such as NatWest, Lloyds and all the big chain banks so more people can access this feature.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Hello @Charlotte98  simply asking for more banks to be added,  may not be the best request. Your title should also include U.K.

Since banks need to be setup individually your bank may not be added with a general request. 

I have found a few banks mentioned. 

Natwest bank added to Fitbit Pay

Add Lloydsbank to UK Fitbit pay

Add American Express (UK) to Fitbit Pay

Nationwide Building Society and Lloyds bank

Add Halifax bank (UK) to Fitbit pay

Add TSB to Fitbit Pay

Please add Nationwide UK bank/building Society to Fitbit Pay

Add Yorkshire Bank (Clydesdale) to Fitbit Pay UK

JuanFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Charlotte98 , Thanks for sharing your idea! I moved your suggestion to this main one. Please refer to the links provided by @LizFitbit and @Rich_Laue for a specific bank you want to be added. Don't forget to leave your vote on that idea. 

@Rich_Laue , Thanks for sharing the links again. 

J0se
First Steps

Fitbit, please add more UK banks to the wallet facility. 

Can you please add Royal Bank of Scotland 

Sgtsedduk
First Steps

Please please please add support for RBS! I too bought this to Utilise thus ability. Quite disappointing really that there aren’t more! 

H1uam
First Steps

Please add RBS to Fitbit pay. Bought a Versa because my iPhone 5S does not support Apple Pay.

Dmac43
Jogger

Add RBS to pay on Fitbit 

JordanZ
First Steps

I received a FitBit Charge 3 recently and love it. The one thing though that I wish was disappointing is that FitPay was not available for most UK but more specifically the Bank of Scotland.

I hope that soon this change can be made and I can enjoy my FitBit to the fullest.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @JordanZ, thanks for explaining why you would like to have more options in Fitbit Pay for Scotland banks. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". You can learn more about here. Keep adding your suggestions!

Jen1910
Jogger

Please add RBS to fitbit pay. Really disappointed it’s not already been added.

AllanMitchell
Recovery Runner

I have just upgraded to the Ionic and I am not happy after it is not supported by most UK banks.  That was one of the reasons I bought the thing. What an absolute disappointment. Why does Fitbit advertise this function. Why. I asked for a refund from Argos and was told they cannot and I have to contact Fitbit directly. Why do you advertise this Fitbit... Why?

Moderator edit: removed all caps

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@AllanMitchell at best, Fitbit can only ask a bank to add Fitbit pay. 

It is up to the bank to do the actual addition. If enough bank customers request their bank to add Fitbit pay. It may help in the banks decision. 

Fitbit has everything in place, now it is up to the bank to do the add. 

Please don't blame Fitbit for your banks failure to add, or you banks customers for not asking your bank to add Fitbit pay. 

AllanMitchell
Recovery Runner

Never heard of any of those UK banks on fitbit's list.  If I was advertising a product I would make it clear that only the Bank of Mickey Mouse in the UK accepts fitbit pay. This information needs to be readily available to customers prior to purchase of this product and highlighted on any UK advertising.   

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Let's look below and tap the link to Fitbit help. 

Supported Banks and Transit List.

Anyone can go to fitbits help site. 

There also is a link to this page from the Fitbit store.

I'm not sure if one is better than the other, but it is up to the buyer to do their research. 

AllanMitchell
Recovery Runner

https://youtu.be/_nhNb0oLCxk

"Up to buyer to do their own research"  maybe add that bit to your UK advert above then.  Or even mention it's not compatable with 99.9% of UK banks.  Or once you bought it you can ask your bank to subscribe to fitbit pay.  

I have a better idea !... Just be transparent, open and honest with people.  We respect that.

Moderator edit: removed all caps

AllanMitchell
Recovery Runner

Here is another advert

https://youtu.be/_5gzx2S7Ras

Just take cash or make sure your friend has his apple watch. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.