Allow multiple devices on the same account (Sense/Versa series, Inspire, Charge & Luxe)

Be allowed to have both a Fitbit Versa and a Fitbit Ionic on the same account so you can easily switch between them.

Moderator edit: Title & Labels

2,037 Comments
justsunnyc
First Steps

I own 2 charge 2 which I use on alternating days of the week. I wish I can connect both fit bit devices without having to replace one on the app

Susu4080
First Steps

I love my Fitbit Alta so much I bought a second one so I could have a variety of bands without manually changing them each time I wanted a new look.  Unfortunately, I just found out I can only have one connected at a time and hope sometime soon you can fix this "glitch."  This is my favorite Fitbit ever.  I have put my watches away and wear my Fitbit always.

PureEvil
10K Racer

@Susu4080,

In order to use multiple trackers appropriately as per the help article, you'll want to:

"For best results, do not wear more than one tracker at a time and sync each tracker before taking it off and putting on another."

And trust me on this, in order for your stats to transfer appropriately you'll want to sync the one you're taking off first, then the one you're putting on.  This will take you about 45 seconds to do this with the Fitbit App.

Why do I mention this?  Because it takes far less time (15 seconds or so) to replace the bands on the Alta than it takes to sync each tracker in the right order.

That said, you can get the Alta HR, that's very similar to the Alta and you'll get the HR monitor.

Susu4080
First Steps

Thanks for the info. I have decided as well it is easier just to change
the band and then I will have a spare in case I lose one!

--

Susan G. Sullivan

Moderator edit: removed personal information.

BadgerB
Jogger

I have been totally baffled why steps continue to be recorded when in cycling mode after users have complained for 2 years and now to find out the app can't handle two of the same device! I've been an owner for less than a year but I'm wondering if Fitbit ever makes any simple software changes. This issue is over 2 years old also. 

Come on Fitbit please look into these changes. I have two Charge 2 devices that I'd like to alternate. One for workouts and the other with a fancier band for dress use and I can't. They have different identifiers so it should be a simple fix and let you rename them in the app. 

This seems to be a very active and helpful community but what good does it do if nothing ever gets fixed?

Susu4080
First Steps
Ditto
PureEvil
10K Racer

@BadgerB,

"I have two Charge 2 devices that I'd like to alternate. One for workouts and the other with a fancier band for dress use and I can't. They have different identifiers so it should be a simple fix and let you rename them in the app."

Simple to rename them in the app...  Oh, but the changes should reflect on the online dashboard... and on the app on your tablet... and on your new phone when you upgrade.  So what you really want is the ability to rename them and have that persist on the server.  Oh, sure they'll just add another column in the database for the tracker.

Oh, but there are nine platforms they'd have to update to display the name and allow you to name each tracker:  Web, Windows (mobile, tablet, laptop & desktop), Android (phone & tablet), iOS (phone & tablet).  Yes, it all sounds trivial.

So let's say you have two Flexes and you name them...  Bert and Ernie.  You set a silent alarm on Bert to wear to bed.  Very easy.  This is a picture of Bert and Ernie:

fitbit-bert&ernie.JPG

They're physically indistinguishable.  Do you know which one to wear to bed (no display so you can't check the tracker itself)?  So being able to tell them apart in the Fitbit App only addresses part of the problem, you'd also need to distinguish the physical trackers, which is nearly impossible for some models.

You mention that you have the Charge 2, is there anything preventing you from taking off the band from the 'fancier' one and putting it on the first one?  Trust me on this, it takes less time to change the bands on the Charge 2 than it takes to sync the trackers in the correct order through the Fitbit App.

I think that Fitbit may find a viable way to make this work, but to put it bluntly, at fewer than 1000 votes (over two years), there isn't a whole lot of interest.  There are many other (about 100) feature requests that have substantially more votes; to be fair, they should be implemented first.

meagodoy
Stepping Up

I am waiting this feature since 2015 and until now nothing! There is a lot of people asking this but the Fitbit doesnt listen us!

PureEvil
10K Racer

@meagodoy,

It's gotten 342 votes over 2 years.  To put it in perspective Pokémon Go integration has gotten over three times as many votes in considerably less time.  So in other words...  No, there actually aren't a 'lot of people asking for this'.

In order for Fitbit to be fair, they should implement the more requested features first.  Right now there are about 100 feature requests that outrank this one.

IMB2507
Jogger
All this proves is that Fitbit is a less popular product than people chasing imaginary creatures. Says a lot about their marketing.My Charge HR is on its last legs and I'll be moving on to Samsung or Garmin. 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
meagodoy
Stepping Up

@PureEvil

According you the TOP 3 Feature suggestions will be implemented, right?
I doubt it!

Sorry, but since 2015 I couldn't see new big features implemented in my Fitbit surge, just bugs correction!

I am very disaponted with my Surge updates

PureEvil
10K Racer

@meagodoy,

Is this a trick question?

While I don't know precisely when in 2015 you happened to get your Surge.  The firmware was updated to greatly improve battery life with GPS (from five hours to least eight hours) and a timer was also added.

Apart from the Surge specific changes, Fitbit has added (since beginning of 2015): Hourly Activity/Stationary Time, Multi-Tracker support, Fitbit Adventures (solo and otherwise), and Sleep Stages.

Sure I'm not naïve enough to say that simply because a feature request has a lot of votes that it's automatically going to get implemented.  It's really a question of whether it aligns with what Fitbit wants and how difficult it is to implement.  However, the converse is definitely true...  If it only has a modest number of votes, it's less likely to be implemented.

meagodoy
Stepping Up

@PureEvil

Let's go to the facts. The last update 16.34.5.14 was released on September 2015. Two years ago!!! Is it enough for you? Sorry, but for me no!!!
I'm beginning to think you work at Fitbit or you have company's shares. Please, go back to the work and release a new update.

PureEvil
10K Racer

@meagodoy,

Your first post didn't say "for two years"; you said "since 2015".  I did start my statement with "While I don't know precisely when in 2015..."

That said, you're trying to give the impression Fitbit users have not gotten any features since 2015, which, of course, is not true.  While most of the features that have been added have been software features (since they enhance all trackers), there have been some features that have involved a hardware update.

Let's gloss over the fact, that this very feature suggestion that you're posting about is, in fact, a software feature.  So either..

App/software features (like Hourly Activity/Stationary Time, Multi-Tracker Support, Fitbit Adventures, and Sleep Stages) count... and thus you'll have to concede that Fitbit has brought a wealth of features during that time.

Or

They don't count (and thus you'd stop posting on this pseudo-feature).

You can't have it both ways.

Tbarrette
Jogger
Yeah only problem with the Alta hr is it wipes out my hourly activity. I do 11 active hours a day and after wearing it for one week and syncing it wipes out my active hours going back months. To date I have not been notified that this has been fixed.

Sent from my iPhone
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Out of curiosity @Curtxxx are you able to connect two Apple Watches to your Apple account, what would the purpose be.

OnlineReview
First Steps

Can you please allow the option to add 2 different Ionic bands to the same account.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Yes Heart

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

I'm  confused, isn't this implemented?

The Ionic has switchable bands.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Fitbit now only makes trackers with interchangable bands. Problem solved.

BrianLoughhead
First Steps

I have 2 surge and would like both to be able to keep one for tracking activity and one for workouts. Can you please alter the limitation so 2 devices the same can be used on one account.

Brucefan42
First Steps

I also have a second Charge 2 that I would like to add to my account. Disappointed to find that it is not possible. Should I return the second one or is Fitbit considering lifting the limitation? Giving each device a unique name would solve the problem would it not?

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

You will need to ask Fitbit, not the fitbit users @Brucefan42, younknow as much as we do.

PureEvil
10K Racer

@Brucefan42,

So let's say that you have two Flex 2's, and Fitbit allows you to pair both and you name them Bert and Ernie.  You set the silent alarm on Bert for 6am.

They look identical; neither has a display...  Which one do you wear to bed?

Brucefan42
First Steps

They are different colors.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.