Barcode Scanner

I'd really like to see a barcode scanner for food entry, like Loseit and MyFitnessPal offer. 

Moderator Edit: Updated label

Collin | Los Angeles, California

One, Charge HR, Aria - Android 5 (Moto X), Mac

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information. Help others while waiting for help!

116 Comments
robert_FL
Runner

Upgrade your app that feature was released today,

Status changed to: New
MatthewFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Visit here for the established post on this topic.

sandymilk
First Steps
The barcode scanner would make logging so much easier!
Status changed to: Released
SumnerFitbit
Runner
Barcode scanning has been added to the iOS app as of version 2.3, released on June 25th 2014.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Any idea when it will be implemented for Android?

brak
Recovery Runner

I hope barcode scanning is being worked into the WP app in development!

brianhill
First Steps

Please add this feature to Android as well. There are a lot more Android users out there than you'd think. This dis-jointed development releases that app-developers do drives me nuts. iOS tends to get things first, then Android at some later date. I don't understand why you can't do both at the same time and keep the same features between the two OS's for consistency.

Buck45
Jogger

It would be great if the area where you log calories taken in -- you could just scan a bar code and then adjust amount you eat.  There are tons of apps that do this - perhaps a partnership/integration?

Redlow
Stepping Up

and please try to integrate with bar code databases in and OUT of the USA 🙂  I would want items to show up when scanning Canadian bar codes

boxall
Strider

Just use MyFitnessPal for all food logging. Integrates well.

Status changed to: New
AmritaFitbit
Premium User
Progression Runner

AmritaFitbit
Premium User
Progression Runner

@Buck45 - Thanks for the suggestion! Do you have an iOS device? If so, barcode scanning has been added to the iOS app as of version 2.3, released on June 25th 2014.

If you have an Android device, I recommend voting and commenting on this established post here

To help us consolidate popular support in one place, I've marked this post as a duplicate. 

Barcode
First Steps
I would love to see a barcode reader. With that feature, we could scan the barcode of the packages of food, drinks, etc the information could automatically be entered into our food bank.
I would also like to see the food that we enter being sorted alphabetically.
Thank you!
Dawson
First Steps

Second that idea! I use My Fitness Pal and the bar code reader is very helpful to get a more accurate calorie total for the day. Love to only use 1 fitness tracker to do everything and not have to manage several different apps.

Germcg
Jogger
It would be great if the Fitbit app and a barcode scanner
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Germcg, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to use a barcode scanner to log your food. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Released". I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.