Bring back Calories Left estimate on new Fitbit app

Please can we have the actual, numerical estimate of calories remaining back on the app please? I have been following a sedentary calorie deficit plan since mid August and have lost over half a stone. I was very dependent on this metric to plan my food. Now I'm too scared to have a yoghurt in-case it tips my little pointer into the pink zone!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

154 Comments
Sjkski
Recovery Runner

Agree. When will this be added back? Along with the rest of the functionality that was removed. Ans restore the graphics that made sense. Not the current forty shades of green with random check marks and partially completed circles that you have to study for 20 minutes to interpret!

smalak
First Steps
Please bring back the calories left feature. Only android users have it now. This was my sole reason for getting a new Fitbit.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @smalak, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about bringing the calories left back to the Fitbit app with us. I noticed this product feedback was already requested on this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Mia.Biscotti
Jogger

Is there any progress with reinstation of that functionality? I barely use app since it was removed, estimated whole day calorie budget was the only number that I was looking at. No point for me to continue to use Fitbit without it. Please let us know if you are not brining it back and we should look elsewhere.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Lello123, thanks for sharing this product feedback about bringing back the calories left on the new Fitbit app with us. Because this idea was already requested in this board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the product feedback shared here doesn't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

fitle
Jogger

I use to love my fitbit but went to a galaxy watch for two years but missed the fitbit app so I came back recently- only to find that the fitbit app had been completely changed and not for the better.  But this is one of the features I really miss and one of the reasons I switched back- bring it back!

Healeygal
Recovery Runner

Hundred and hundreds of us have been asking for this feature back since they took it away and we’ve been told there are no plans to bring it back, which is ridiculous because the data is there in the website dashboard. It wouldn’t take a lot to put it back in the app. Sadly, Fitbit’s utter lack of concern with the customer experience has sent many of us straight into the arms of Apple, Garmin and other smartwatch makers. Don’t hold your breath. 

Invastor
First Steps

One thousand percent agree on this. I had premium and used the calorie estimate for months—it was the first way I sustained weight loss over time and kept it off. With the update last fall the "calories remaining" function left (except for web) and I didn't renew premium and am still waiting. I came to really utilize that feature and hate that it is gone. I've not recommended Fitbit to anyone since and still won't. Is it totally accurate? No. But it was enough to get me moving and lose the 10 pounds I had been trying to lose for 8-10 years. It seems easy to bring back and I'd likely jump back on premium if it showed up.

ANNNNNNNN
Jogger

You can get the dynamic calorie counter using the MyNetDairy App - you have to pay a subscription but it can link to your fitbit or other device to get the data. 

CarlosNachos
First Steps

Google, this feature could be part of premium if implemented. I honestly don't see enough benifits of premium plan yet with my charge 6, keep adding more options, ways to display data to make it worth subsribing. This feature request is one of them.

benisfroms
Jogger

If you’re looking for alternatives, there are other fitness apps and devices that offer similar calorie tracking and estimation features. It might be worth exploring these options to find one that suits your needs until Fitbit potentially reintroduces this feature.

LZeeW
Ultramarathon Racer

Some users posted screenshots that seem to show this on the Android app.  It IS NOT on the iOS app.  Apps should be identical.

jwell58
Keeping Pace

@CarlosNachos This was a free feature in the old app. It's free on the desktop version. I just want the functionality that was there when I purchased the device to be restored.

@benisfroms If I am forced to a new device/app combo, I won't be coming back to Fitbit. Ever. I upgraded to the Versa 4 because I found the Fitbit app so helpful on my fitness journey. Not so much now. And it's not like we're asking them to reinvent the wheel. The code was there. It worked.

@LizzyFitbit I see that the status on this request is still "Reviewed by Moderator". I have to assume this means that it hasn't been moved to an "In Work" log, so there is no actual plan in place to bring this feature back. If that's the case, just tell us. Google already has our $$ for the devices, so what do you have to lose by updating us?

Optimus239
First Steps
Can you share other alternatives?
Candesce
First Steps

I can't believe this hasn't been reintroduced yet. I rely on this feature and it helped me meet and maintain my weight target. I have to say though, you can roll back the Fitbit version on your phone to before they removed this, and I've been using it that way ever since.

jwell58
Keeping Pace

@Candesce can you tell me how to roll back the version? 

mama2em
Recovery Runner
@Candesce How do you do that? Roll your app back to a previous version?

Sent from my iPhone
Candesce
First Steps

@jwell58 I think you can only do this on Android, if you're on an Apple device you're probably not going to be able to do this. Just Google "Fitbit 3.88 installer", this is the last version before the change, and download and run that on your phone. You first have to go to the Google Play Store and uncheck "auto update" for Fitbit on the store page, otherwise it'll just reinstall the newest version again, and then uninstall Fitbit, before you run the installer.

Candesce
First Steps

@mama2em Hi, please refer to my previous reply to jwell58.

mama2em
Recovery Runner
Ah, thank you for the reply! I love my iPhone, but now I’m bummed I don’t have an android—LOL!

Sent from my iPhone
Candesce
First Steps

@mama2em Haha, yeah, that is one of the biggest downsides to Apple isn't it.
Been enjoying old Fitbit for ages 😛

Candesce_0-1712102695851.jpeg

jwell58
Keeping Pace

@Candesce Thank you and DANG IT! I'm iOS so no go for the earlier version. But thanks for those happy few moments of thinking it possible 🙂

Mia.Biscotti
Jogger
Sent from my iPhone
coleking21
First Steps
How did you roll back the app version? I’d love to do that!
Erin6
First Steps
The mobile app software update with the new dashboard is less user friendly than the old version. I want to see my total calories available for the day as the old dashboard had. Please change it back to the old functionality. Reddit users also have a lot of feedback on dissatisfaction with the changes. Please look at the feedback.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.