Customizable Challenges (like start date, duration etc)

I would like to be able to set which days I want for a challenge. Not all of my friends work a workweek (Mon-Fri). I would like to be able to make a challenge thats like Thurs-Sun or Mon-Wed-Fri. Or whatever days my friends work during that week. Choose teams and partners.

Moderator edit: labels. 

1,256 Comments
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @mystic_fairy77! Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing.  I've moved it into a similar request. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

haffathot
First Steps
I don't think these are at all.the same. The older comment is just asking
if the number of people.allowed to join a challenge can be increased. What
I am talking about is team-building and team-based challenges where one
team.of Fitbitters can challenge another, and the coective steps of one
team are pitted against the collective steps of another.

--Sean
Sudio
Stepping Up

This request has been under consideration for 3 years now. Why isn’t anything being done. I get notifications all the time that people want more options. Why don’t you listen to your users?  Very frustrating. 

haffathot
First Steps

Yojana, thanks for taking note of  suggestion, but I think my suggestion goes well beyond what is being requested in the "similar" suggestion.  To be clear, I am thinking of a forum where teams can be created and others, strangers or friends only depending upon the way the founding member sets up the team, can join these teams and compete against other complete random teams.  The total step count of one team would be pitted against the challenged team.  There could be rankings even.

Sudio
Stepping Up
They are lumping all together as they have no intention of doing anything with challenges. Suggestions have been being considered for over 3 years. They don’t want our input. Just trying to shut us up for a while. 

Suzanne
sudioc1@gmail.com
mystic_fairy77
First Steps

@YojanaFitbit- it appears you have 50 pages of what other community members think.  Why haven't you taken steps to incorporate their ideas into your app?

Mike77
Recovery Runner

While I love the "Workweek Hustle" and "Weekend Warrior" challenges I feel we need the option for a 7 day challenge i.e. Monday-Sunday. Most of the friends I do challenges with work shifts therefore one week they could have 2 days off in the workweek hustle challenge and only work 3 days while another could work all 5 days. I know we have the ability to see our step count for a rolling 7 days but a challenge with a winner lasting 7 days would be more beneficial for us. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Mike77! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Moonwolf
Recovery Runner

The ability to set start date and end date for a challenge and select total [steps or floors or miles] and/or best days [steps or floors or miles] would be great.

Even better would be to set these for a closed group (there is another request for more than 10 in a group.

So we could set a monthly challenge of the most steps by and individual for group of colleagues along with a ladder.  Also this feature could also be used to sum the group total steps for everyone in the group, can we get 50 million steps between us?

I'm surprised Fitbit aren't interested in this feature as it could well result in additional sales as people might buy fitbits to join in.  

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

voted

Smiley Happy

Bauer24
Strider

How long has this been under consideration for?

Sudio
Stepping Up
This has been years. We may as well face it that no one at Fitbit cares about what the user wants. I was the original poster and I get a few notifications a week that people agree - for more than 3 years now. 

Suzanne
sudioc1@gmail.com
Scralane
First Steps

I would like to share a few hiking routes with other People... Because I don't live in America I can't hike the preset routes so that would be super great ! 

If I would go on a Vacation I van watch which routes there are to hike 🙂

Kind regards

Faisal_dl
First Steps

In our country the starting working day is Sunday so can we have challenge started from Sunday to Thursday

Or you can ask user when they create challenge which day is the start and which day is the end. 

Thanks, 

Faisal

Georgiegirl30
Stepping Up

I would love to have more challenge options including;

full week (7 days)

monthly challenge

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

My walking friends and I use #10kstepsb410am to motivate ourselves to exercise early. We text each other or share on Facebook for accountability. I was wondering if you can make this a solo or team challenge on Fitbit. Thank you.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". You can learn more about here. Keep adding your suggestions!

TPSChaffin
Jogger

I am wanting to create a 12 week challenge for my employees that would require 4 workouts/ week. I understand this isnt available right now, but being able to create custom challenges within a group besides a step counter would be amazing in helping me to motivate my employees and create a healthier staff.

DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @TPSChaffin, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us about having the option to customize challenges, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is currently under "Under consideration" status. 

kcrp
Stepping Up

It would be nice to be able to create an ongoing challenge over a time period of our choosing. I have tried doing a month challenge by re creating workweek and weekend challenges and keeping track on excel for uptodate info. It would be nice to have the option to create an ongoing challenge. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @kcrp, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". You can learn more about here. Keep adding your suggestions!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @kcrp, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option for challenges. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". You can learn more about here. Keep adding your suggestions!

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @kcrpthanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to customize your challenges. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". You can check this other idea here. Post a comment or click on the thumbs-up to show your support for this great idea!

klb12
First Steps

THIS HAS BEEN UNDER CONSIDERATION FOR YEARS @ FITBIT!!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.