Customizable Challenges (like start date, duration etc)

I would like to be able to set which days I want for a challenge. Not all of my friends work a workweek (Mon-Fri). I would like to be able to make a challenge thats like Thurs-Sun or Mon-Wed-Fri. Or whatever days my friends work during that week. Choose teams and partners.

Moderator edit: labels. 

1,256 Comments
cah04412
Jogger

Hi. I am interested in doing a virtual Appalachian Trail hike starting January 1st. Would like to find likeminded people.

theBigK
First Steps

I signed up on the forum to post this idea, I'll infor my girlfriend to vote as well. She came up with the idea. We all compete with our family and everyone agreed that this would be a great feature.

Seems like it would be easy to add too without too much time spent re-coding things.

I would like to do custom time challenges, and custom challenges themselves, that'd be a great addition. The current challenges, and on the end a PLUS "+" that says CUSTOM and you can make your own based on several parameters.

ALSO, if you could do a year long challenge, for example we would want to compete on who gets the most steps in 2015!

CarlPoole
Base Runner

I was disappointed to see there currently are no challenges based around Heart Rate or Very Active minutes. Some days I don't like to run and prefer to row or play sports instead and it would be nice to challenge friends to 60 active minutes in a day or maintain x number of minutes in a certain heart rate zone instead. Thanks!

RobertTwell
First Steps

Would be really useful and fun to be able to customise your own challenges. Possibly having a multi goal challenge over a designated time frame. Weekdays and weekend challenges are fine, but what if your on a holiday with mates and want to challenge them to a floors level? Thatll be fun at the Pantheon!

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

seastarztx
First Steps

My contacts and myself love the challenges, especially the workweek hustle as most of us have desk jobs. This week I received the notification that only 10 people can join the challenge, so some of my contacts were not able to join (I've added several people who got a FitBit for Christmas recently). 

Is there any plans to increase the number of participants that can join a challenge?

Thank you!

stitus79
First Steps

Yes!  It would be great if more than ten people could join a challenge.  Please let us know if this will ever be a possibility.

Jason2794
Jogger

My group of a 100+ group love the challenges but this bad rule of 5 challenge max does not benefit anyone! All it does is make people into quiters and drive people to other sites that have no max. PLEASE REMOVE THE 5 CHALLENGE MAX RULE. Thank you

1Randy
Recovery Runner

All I see are the posts asking for the limit of 5-challenges to be removed for the benefit of the Fitbit community.  My group has grown to 3,000+ and we want this changed.  Plus if you are in a challenge -- even if it has been over with for 12+ hours you still cannot join another Challenge.  Your Challenge system needs to be reworked Fitbit.  And what is your answer?  What are you doing about this???

@1Randy wrote:

We want you to remove the Maximum 5-Challenge rule.  We increase our step totals when we are in a challenge.  Your 5-Challenge max rule makes no sense.  Plus, even after a challenge is over it may take you up to 3-6 hours to clear that challenge so we can move on.  irandy

1Randy
Recovery Runner

FITBIT what are you going to do about this?  I see no answer ????? You could at least take the time to respond.

1Randy
Recovery Runner
Fitbit, we continue to ask you to remove and change the Challenge rule you have in place that is limited to 5-challenges at a time. Not on ly is it 5-challenges at a time -- even when a challenge has ended it is 12+ hours before I can enter another challenge. I have 3,000+ members in my group who want to compete daily in multiple challenges. Why won’t you change this? And my second question is: WHY WON’T YOU RESPOND??? Do you not think that we are important to your continued success?

Randy

irandy

Sent from Windows Mail
aranh
First Steps

We have a company of 13 (so far). We just splashed out $2k for the team to have Charge HR's... and now we have to decide who gets left out of the weekly challenge? dumb, please fix.

jduf527
First Steps

In addition to step challenges I would like to see a challenge for floors or active minutes. I have found that I will pick exercises that may give me more steps but not an all around workout. Anothr example, turbo gives you lots of steps so I will choose that but end up doing low impact because it's still the same steps. I don't want to get into bad habits!

lmdalton
First Steps

I logged on just to post this too!  I want to be in a yearly challenge with my friends. Keep voting for custom challenges! Let's go Fitbit programmers!

rmfleeman
First Steps

We received fitbits as Christmas gifts from our boss and have weekly challenges for prizes at work.  It is important that we are able to add more than 10 people to a challenge (we have 15) so we are able to see everyone's steps and stay motivated.  Also- we would like to see a full week challenge (Sunday to Sunday).

jeffreytse
First Steps

These were two of my main recommendations as well.  We have a large group of friends who have gotten on the Fitbit wagon but we currently have to separate the challenges into two groups, which is a lot less fun and less motivational for some.

A full week challenge would be great.  And I would also like to see a recurring weekly challenge option...so we don't have to send one out each week.

ZooRachel
First Steps

Agreed! My workplace bought a Fitbit Flex for every single employee and we would LOOOOOOVE to create our own challenges! We are just setting everyone up and think that we will have to tailor our challenges to things we can track on the Leaderboard but we were hoping for more options (group challenges, calories burned, etc).

Kizzie
First Steps
hi there, is there a reason why we are limited to joining only 5 challenges?

In my fitness group (around 500 members) there are a large number of members who own fitbit products and I would love to organise more challenges amongst them all but I am only limited to joining 5 whole challenges, my fitbit really motivates me but by the time I organise only 5 workweek challenges I cant really join any others and I would like to join a lot more I get about 12 requests for myself to join challenges and its so annoying that I cant accept!

Please can you respond if there is a reason there is a limit and how we can upgrade??
Han_nah
First Steps

I am also a part of Kizzie's group. We really need to be able to join more challenges.

JacG
Recovery Runner

I am also a member of Kizzie's group. I can't go a day without my Fitbit and hate having to decline challenges.

Please give us the opportunity to join more challenges and allow us to continue to modivate each other to keep fit. For some of us it is all we have to keep us striving to improve each day.

HP22
Base Runner

Yes please allow to have more than 5 challenges, as I am in Australia and 9 out of 10 times the challenges are in a different time zone I end up finishing way before everyone else and even though I only hav two current challenges running all the others are ended it will not let me accept a new one mybe because some of the other players haven't synced yet...... Is that how it works?????????

Djmmjn
First Steps

Great idea...would love to see the change implemented 

michelle1821
First Steps

Great idea, 5 challenges is definitely not enough.

MarieAzar
First Steps
Couldn't agree more with this request for the ability to join more challenges! One of the biggest benefits of the Fitbit is the community support and being able to challenge friends and push each other to go further each day/week etc... Restricting thy to just 5 challenges a week seems counterproductive to me!
mish1977
First Steps

Great idea would definitely love more challenges as helps me push more each day!

traceyjames
Jogger

I agree!!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.