Increase challenge participants to greater than 10

We (my Fitbit friends) would like to increase the challenge numbers to include more than 10 people. Our group includes way more than 10 who are active and want play

Moderator edit: labels

600 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Is there anyway to allow for more than 10 people in a challenge? Right now they only allow for max 10, but as more and more of my family buys a Fitbit the harder it is to have everyone in board the challenge. We have 12 people so each week either 2 get left out or we have to split the group in two challenges.

Moderator edit: added labels

Walshie
Stepping Up

This is a fantastic request. One that has been asked for previously but to no avail. 

Apetition has been set up to help support the case. Feel free to sign it and show your support even further.

https://www.change.org/p/fitbit-fitbit-to-offer-more-challenge-spots-and-allow-more-people-to-compet...

Walshie
Stepping Up

Totally agree with everything everyone has said....

To help motivate teh company even more a petition has been set up...

Please feel free to sign and spread the word

https://www.change.org/p/fitbit-fitbit-to-offer-more-challenge-spots-and-allow-more-people-to-compet...

ewoods
First Steps

Agreed!!!  We use FitBit Workweek Hustles to connect different offices at my company, and we have way more than 10 people who want to participate.  We have more co-workers that have bought FitBits just so they can participate. 🙂  This will increase even more if we can accommodate them in the Hustle!

MelH37
First Steps

I have started a workweek challenge with some of my coworkers. It was so successful that I have encouraged almost all of my staff to purchase fitbits. However, we were extremely disappointed to realize that you can only have 10 people in 1 challenge. We have made groups but it is very cumbersome and some people find it unfair. The challenges are brilliant at work in that they encourage coworkers to work together to stay fit, create a common goal within the workplace, and encourage a positive climate. However, when we had to split into groups, people were disappointed by the groups they were put into and it created more work to organize than should be necessary. I hope there is a large group Challenge option coming soon!

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

Mikanna11
First Steps

I agree with everyone above.  It would be GREAT that the Challenges include more than 10 people. We have lots of people at work buying Fitbits so we can all do the challenges.  It's become a bit of a cult, and it would be a shame if more people buy it and can't get on the Challenges because of the participant limit.

mrdiep2611
First Steps

I vote Yes. Long overdue upgrade. 

lkkramer
Stepping Up
How is this solved? They just did an update and no change! Ugh!
lilemike973
First Steps
They don't care. I posted months ago and nothing. I started a tweet to get their attention. Keep retweeting with #fitbit

Sent from my iPad
Doolie
Jogger

PLEASE, please, please increase the number of people that can be included in a challenge!!!!!!

bellbot24
First Steps
After being a very active fitbit user ive always upgraded my fitbit and stuck to the brand because i believe it is an amazing product and the app is great. However my biggest critique is that the challenges cap at 10 people per challenge. I work in a fast food restaurant and a lot of my co-workers have jumped onto the bandwagon of fitbit and want to join the challenges to keep each other motivated. However due to the 10 person restrictions a few of my friends and co-workers miss out on the weekly challenges because it becomes a 'first in best dressed' situation when inviting people. If fitbit could update their app and make larger challenges and fit more people into them i believe it'll keep people more motivated and keep them buying and usinf fitbit products.
TB5918
Base Runner

Users here have been posting requests and suggestions in regards to the "no more than 5 challenges at any time", "no more than 10 challenge participants" and others. While there has been helpful support and answers on a variety of other Fitbit-related issues, the CHALLENGES aspect of the Fitbit support and feature request forums has been an empty field of crickets. I, along with countless others, have posted our thoughts, concerns, and frustrations, on this, and have been met with no real answers.

I've long since given up hope that any Fitbit staff would offer us any glimmer of hope on improving and/or adding to the existing challenges. I understand it's a complicated issue, and Fitbit doesn't want to show it's cards in regards to future user software improvements, but it feels like we're all going to be sitting here posting these same requests for years to come.

Sorry for the rant. I know Fitbit doesn't owe it to me or anyone to give an answer to this, but it's been frustrating seeing no new developments on this for quite some time.

cassandrann
First Steps

I agree, limiting to 10 participants is creating "cliques" in the workplace.  We want to encourage camearaderie and inclusion not exclusion.  Please, please, please increase the number of participants for the challenges!

Doolie
Jogger
Denise
Why such a small number? We have a group of about 25 people who all want to compete together. Seems like an easy fix! Please update!!
Garcia22
First Steps
We need to more than 10 people able to join the challenges.
AllyL
First Steps

Please increase the challenges to more than 10 participants. My coworkers and I are more than 10, and these challenges keep us motivated and active.  Increasing the participants will ensure everyone can participate in the challenge, and encourages us all to remain active. Please look into and consider increasing the the participant size to greater than 10.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I think that more people should be able to join the challenges or be able to be in more than just 5 challenges. Is this ever going to happen?

Michelle21
First Steps
I agree!!! As more and more friends are getting fitbits, it feels awkward to exclude friends from the challenges. Please increase the group size to 20! It makes it more fun for everyone and actually encourages sales. As more friends hear about the challenges, they want to buy a Fitbit and join the groups!
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I can understand why you limit the number of people in a challenge, but limit the number of challenges people can participate in to 5?

this limit should be removed

it is annoying having to say you can not join a challenge because you are already in 5 even though you want to join, or leaving 1 to join another

not to mention, by removing the limit of number of challenges you can participate in, then that would get rid of the number of challenges you are in error

JHKWellness
First Steps

FitBit is trying to acquire more business by promoting Wellness programs at the enterprise companies. Most enterprises have well more than 10 empoyees.  Increasing the number of participants in a challenge would only make sense for Fitbit to fix. Our company is new to Fitbit and want to use the Fitbits as a Wellness tool.  The challenges are important to promote use and therefore better health for our employees.  This limit needs to be changed or removed to promote more usage.

DIPsMom
First Steps

Is FitBit any closer to having the ability to add more than 10 participants to a challenge?

This would GREATLY approve the challenge experience.

Tabbybelton
First Steps
They never reply!!
carlybanks
First Steps
Fitbit, the 10 person limit on challenges really needs to change. Joining challenges with friends and family motivates me to stay active. As more people are getting fitbits, more people are being excluded from the fun. Not cool.
readygo02
First Steps

It would be nice to allow more than 10 players in a challenge, my family has about 20 fitbit users and we all want to challenge at the same time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.