Increase or customize hourly activity goal from 250 steps/hour

It would be really cool to have the option to increase the reminder to move minimum count.  Currently, the reminder to move is set to 250 and I would really like the option of raising that number as my activity increases.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and label

345 Comments
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @wolfee, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to customize hourly step goals. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

mapsn
First Steps
I cannot set a higher step goal than 250 per hour and set reminders to attain my goals. Twice an hour would be ideal so at least we'd have reminders to get 250 steps every 30 minutes.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @mapsn, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to increase or customize reminder to move from 250 Steps/Hr. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Justme_56
First Steps
Be able to track smaller hourly goals to better reach my daily goals.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Justme_56. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to customize your hourly activity goal with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

LEC2019
Recovery Runner
Every hour we are reminded to get our 250 steps in, I would like to be able to increase that number to maybe 350 or 1,000. I don't see why its automatically set to 250 and why we users can't adjust that to our personal use.
JuanFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @LEC2019  , thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

Okie972
First Steps
To reach my daily goal, I need to walk more than 250 steps each hour (it's 800 steps). If I happen to get a reminder to move and then finish my steps after the hour, I don't get a reminder to move that next hour. If I could edit the number of steps in my hourly goal from 250 to 800, I would be much more likely to reach my daily step goal.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Okie972. Thanks for taking the time to explain why you'd like to customize the number of steps for the hourly activity goal with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

AJeepDude
Recovery Runner
I am doing a good job of reaching 250 steps per hour, I would like to increase the step goal to a higher number
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @AJeepDude, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to increase or customize Reminder to Move from 250 Steps/Hr. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

BritStewart
First Steps
I would like to be able to customize my hourly step goals to more than 250/hour. It would also be nice to change the reminders from one reminder 10 minutes before the hour to multiple reminders and different reminder times.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @BritStewart, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

Increase or Customize Reminder to Move from 250 Steps/Hr

Customize Reminder to Move Time of Frequency

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

Boboskee
First Steps
Please make the 250 step reminder adjustable so I can increase it. Thanks
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Boboskee, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to customize the reminders to move with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

JuliaChaman
Jogger
please make an area where i can keep up with hourly steps even after my 250 per hour. did i only walk 250? did i walk 1000?
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @JuliaChaman, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to increase or customize Reminder to Move from 250 Steps/Hr. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Please give us the option to choose a custom step goal amount for our Hourly Activity reminders, 250 is too low for me.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, I wanted to let you know that the suggestion you shared recently about the option to choose a custom step goal amount for our Hourly Activity reminders already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

Increase or Customize Reminder to Move from 250 Steps/Hr

Customize Reminder to Move Time of Frequency

This helps to keep the boards more organized; while we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we have left voting open to continue tracking popularity over time and will post another update if anything changes. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community. 

Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

gerrys
Recovery Runner
Have the user set it up in the dashboard in the Reminders to Move. At a pull-down that has multiple options, such as 00, 10, 15, 20, 30, 40, 45, 50, or random to make things interesting. Secondly, have the user enter her the amount of steps depending on the goals. Default could be 250 per hour, or the user can enter in 500, 1000, whatever.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @gerrys, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to increase or customize Reminder to Move from 250 Steps/Hr. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

You might be interested in voting for this other suggestion: Customize Reminder to Move Time of Frequency.

bazb92958
Jogger
I am disabled with four herniated discs. Walking is a very important part of my daily routine to keep moving. However i cannot do alot of walking at one time. So your hourly activity goal is a plus. But i would love to incease the 250 to meet my needs to get to 10000 in 14 hours. Currently i use my notes showing me what’s needed
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @bazb92958thanks for sharing your suggestion about the possibility of increasing the hourly step goal or having the option to customize it. I noticed this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post hereThis helps to keep the forums more organized and prevent the vote from splitting into multiple ideas. 

I have 3 herniated discs too, and I know this feature could be very useful, since walking is the best type of activity we can do. 

Thank you for your participation in the Community! 

Bradcore
Recovery Runner
I would like to adjust the steps per hour. Instead of being stuck at 250 steps per hour as a minimum, I would like to be able to manually raise that.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Bradcore, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to customize amount of steps to get reminders to move. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.