Increase or customize hourly activity goal from 250 steps/hour

It would be really cool to have the option to increase the reminder to move minimum count.  Currently, the reminder to move is set to 250 and I would really like the option of raising that number as my activity increases.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and label

345 Comments
wvet
Base Runner

A 3 year old concept that is highly desired just ignored.  what a missed opportunity

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@wvet but really has nothing to do with the objective of the reminder to get up and move enough to take a stretch. 

Did you read the FAQ

Muttmom23
Keeping Pace

I would love to have the ability to change 250 steps per hour to a higher number on my Inspire HR.

Drummerholic
First Steps

My physio has recommended that I move every 15-30mins instead of every hour, so this kind of modifyable reminder would be perfect. 

WolfSpark
First Steps

Agreed again.  Not sure if/how this will be implemented.  I think I'd even be happy with a simple option where we choose the number of reminders per hour from a static list of choices (for example: 2 = every 30 minutes, 3 = every 20 minutes, 4 = every 15 minutes, 6 = every 10 minutes) and the FitBit sets the start time to be on the hour.  This suggestion was originally made in January, hope someone is listening!  🙂

gerrys
Recovery Runner

For the hourly "get off yer butt and move" notification, why exactly is it ten minutes to? Can you please allow that to be changed by the user? I might want it at the bottom of the hour, or chime every 15 minutes until the Fitbit senses I'm moving. So at 50 to, it buzzes and says I have oh say 123 steps out of 250. Can I set it to 500? Or heck I'm ambitious and want it 1,000.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @gerrysThanks for explaining why you would like to have an option to customize your reminders to move with us! I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". You can check this other suggestion here and vote for it. Keep adding your suggestions!

redconfetti
First Steps

@DannyUK - If you use a Mac at your desk, then I'd recommend a program by Dejal called Time Out. There might be some equivalent for PC. It takes over your screen to remind you to take a break.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

It would be very beneficial for some of us, I am sure more than just me, that would like to adjust the reminders to get up and move. I would like to have the ability to adjust the amount of steps per hour, which is standard at 250 and even when you are reminded, to ensure I get up and move! I work a desk jo 9 hours a day and the 250 helps, but would love to adjust. Thanks! 

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for explaining why you'd like to be able to customize the reminders to move with us! I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". You can check this other suggestion here. Keep adding your suggestions!

AndrewJolly
First Steps
I love how Fitbit move people who request something to a thread which
clearly shows they pay no attention whatsoever to requests.
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

As for this suggestion, having the ability to customize defeats the purpose of what users had asked for. Yes the reminder to move was added in response to a suggestion found on this board. Users asked for a gentle reminder to get up and move, they did not ask to make sure X steps where taken every hour. 

Science says that it is not good to sit for long periods and this is Fitbits way to remind users that they need to get up and at stretch. 

Also if the FAQ was read, Fitbit never promised to add every suggestion. 

Fitbit moderators combine like threads so that there votes a accumulate. What would look better to the developers. ten threads with 8 buried. Maybe 50 votes in each thread or lets say one thread that stays near the top with 400-500 votes. 

Personally i like how people acknowledge that they have searched for their suggestion then make a duplicate request. 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Witch23, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on the reminders feature. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Rickyleroybrown
First Steps

Let me change 250 steps per hour to any amount and customized warning time of any minutes before the hour.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Rickyleroybrown, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option for your Reminders to move. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Hi all, I feel as I'm sure many other do, that after reaching the 250 steps, the hourly counter should keep going, especially if competing in challenges

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Klass11
First Steps

There should be a way to customize the "reminder to move" feature from 250 step per hour to more steps per hour? 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Klass11, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on the Reminders to move. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Kandsmom2
First Steps

I would like to be able to change the amount of steps in step reminder.  Such as instead of 250 I could change it 1000

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Kandsmom2, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about increasing the hourly reminder. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

morganllouise
First Steps
I would like to be able to modify my account to require more than 250 steps an hour.
I understand that 250 is the bare minimum, but I aim for closer to 1,000 steps an hour and it would be nice to be able to adjust this for tracking and to be able to set multiple reminders for steps in a single hour.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @morganllouise, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to increase or customize Reminder to Move. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

wolfee
Jogger
There is a reminder to move at the “50” of each hour if you haven’t walked 250 steps that hour. For the life of me I can’t figure out how to change that 250 to 1,000 so I can up my hourly walking rate and still get that reminder. It would be much appreciated.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.