Option to disable "Fitbit Today Insights"

I find the tips of the "Fitbit Today Insights" to be irritating in the extreme, and was sorely disappointed to find on the support boards that there is, in fact, no way to turn this feature off. I have been a happy Fitbit user for literally years and look at the app several times a day. I detest the "Fitbit Today Insights" feature so much. I use this device as a tool and have no interest in algorithmic suggestions from this company. 

Moderator edit: Word choice.

134 Comments
KIM9
First Steps

After updating to the new dashboard, these tips pop up every time I open the app. I requested that they make it possible to disable them, as they are unnecessary and I find them a nuisance.  

Status changed to: Needs More Info
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @KIM9 nice to see you around. Thanks for sharing your suggestion. I'd like to know if you're talking about tips that disappear after checking the information? If you can attach an screenshot, it would be great!

See you around.

KIM9
First Steps

Hi @YojanaFitbit how do I attach a picture?

@KIM9 wrote:

After updating to the new dashboard, these tips pop up every time I open the app. I requested that they make it possible to disable them, as they are unnecessary and I find them a nuisance.  

If I click the camera icon that says insert image it does not give me and upload option, it asks for source, description, and dimensions.

Thanks,

romero11
Premium User
Stepping Up

Suggestion on opening the app, can be disable or hide.

Status changed to: Needs More Info
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @romero11. Thanks for visiting the Feature Suggestions board. We aren't sure what you mean by disable or hide the suggestions when opening the app. To understand your idea better, please reply with more detail or specifics on how your idea would work. I'd look forward to your reply.

Bushy2
Stepping Up

From this thread: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Getting-rid-of-the-tip-at-the-top-of-the-new-dashboard-view/td..., this was a feature tried out previously with an option to disable it. This option doesn't appear to be present in the current Android version of the app.

romero11
Premium User
Stepping Up

what I mean is the red banner or suggestion when you open the app it may regards with your sleep or activity. You may click "x" to close it. What I request is this features can be able disable or hide from may app.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I would also like to see an option to disable the "tips and tricks" feature that fitbit has recently pushed out to the app. I really don't want them, especially the nutrition ones. As a woman, I've been socially conditioned to be hyperaware of my food consumption, and I (and many others like me) have had to work hard not to slip into disordered eating. I use my fitbit to remind myself to stay active, not to shame my food choices.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @AKinMA, thanks for sharing your ideas with us on the Feature Request board. I really like the idea of having the option to disable "Fitbit Today Insights". I really appreciate your feedback.

Odonnellb12
First Steps

I have to add my voice in agreement. Not only are the tips a nuisance, but as a previous commenter suggested, they’re often about dieting or nutrition, and often seem uninformed. But just to be clear, I don’t want better tips. I want to be able to disable them so that they’re no longer blocking my daily data.

Happyfeet2039
Recovery Runner

Yep, please allow us a setting to remove the suggestions that fill 2/5ths of the dashboard.  No matter how often I give them the "thumbs down", I get another one a few days later.  I  do not want to "learn more" from Fitbit.  

thank you.

waynehughes
Stepping Up

I'll add my name to the list of those who want a way to turn off the tips that pop up.  I run at night, and it's annoying to have to stop to close out the suggestions panel that pops up.

anotherhoward
Jogger

Me, too and my wife would like to remove the tips

dlogan01
Runner

To answer @YojanaFitbit,  No. These tips do not disappear until you hit the X in the upper right corner of the tip. I don't like them. I don't want to learn more. I want them to go away. Today we have a nutrition tip regarding how many tsp of healthy oils a day we should be getting from avocados, nuts, and olive oil. I don't care to get my nutrition tips from FitBit. Please allow me to opt out of these tips. They needlessly clutter my dashboard.

BillyRox
First Steps

I hate these so much. They’re not worth anything and it’s annoying to have to click an X  every time I want to see my updates. Just let us turn them off.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everybody, thanks for your comments. @KIM9 thanks for trying to post your image, you can try these steps:

PC: Open the folder where you have all your pictures. Selected and dragged to the gray area where you can read "Insert image"

Phone: Open your Photo's app, select and hold the picture you want to share, select the "Copy" option, go back to the browser where you can see the Community posts, tap on cámara and paste the picture where you can read "Insert image".

Let me know if you need more help with this.

GrantKeller
First Steps

I absolutely detest these annoying and useless tip notices every time I look at my Fitbit app. If they don’t give us the option to turn them off soon, my Fitbit is going into the trash. I have had enough!  

Did I mention how useless this intrusion is in my life and how much I now hate Fitbit?

cvirtue
Jogger

Yes, the "Insights" take up valuable screen space and are also annoying.

I agree with what everyone else has said. These tips take up too much space, are a nuisance, and should at the very least be optional with a toggle switch in the app settings. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @GrantKeller and @Pocketsidewalk thanks for sharing your comments. I'd like to have an screenshot of what you can see from your end, so I can add it to this Feature Suggestion. I'll be around. 

GrantKeller
First Steps
Sent from Grant's iPhone
GrantKeller
First Steps

Dear Fitbit Moderator,

Here is an example of the kinds of tips I want to disable. They are annoying spam.

Annoying tip spam on the Fitbit appHow the hell do I insert a screenshot? It won't let me navigate to a jpg image of my screenshot.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks for your post @GrantKeller. I didn't get the screenshot. You can see the steps to post images here. What model of phone/tablet or computer you're using?

GrantKeller
First Steps

Screenshot of fitbit tip

GrantKeller
First Steps

I am using a windows 10 PC and I don't have the Choose File button at the bottom of this comment box. All it says is Email me when someone replies. I suspect others are having the same problem posting images to you.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.