Running training programs

I would love to have a training program on my fitbit that will train you to start running or even further.Like couch to 5k,couch to 10k, half marathon trainer, and marathon trainer.Having these apps implicated in the fitbit would give fitbit users a reason to run and to keep running further. I think the fitbit should vibrate to let us know when to run,walk or when our training is over.

Moderator edit: labels

12 Comments
Lindsay67
Recovery Runner

This is a great Idea.  I did a Couch to 5 K and if it were intergrated into my fitbit IT woudl have been that much better.  I think that there is a great deal of opportunity here.

Runningjr
First Steps

Lindsay67 I honestly think this would be an awesome feature to have for fitbits. I feel like it would get people actually up and moving since they have to work towards a goal.

Status changed to: New
JuanJoFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi! I really like your suggestion since it's nice to have a trainer that prepares you to get in good physical shape that allows you to reach a marathon goal that someone wants to participate in.

Thanks for participating in the Community!

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
JuanJoFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

ChrisChad
Base Runner

It would be great to see audio driven programs like "First day to 5K" or "Half marathon" types of training regiments in the fitbit coach app or website. These are pretty well defined and standard training programs, but to keep them all laid out in the app and calendar would be fantastic along with prompts for HR training for distance, or walk-run transitions for the beginner programs, maybe even take that a step further and do things like triathlon training programs, etc...

joship
First Steps

Yes please!  This is why I bought a Fitbit Versa as I was told there were running programmes available - but it turns out they weren't quite what I'd hoped for.  Would love to have 5K, 10K half and full marathon programmes for beginners, intermediates and advanced like many other apps out there.

Winston76
First Steps

Any updates on if this feature will be coming?

Status changed to: Under Consideration
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration. Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

ScottHsv
Runner

Hey Fitbit, if you build it they will come...

Status changed to: Released (Premium)
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this suggestion will be released on Fitbit Premium, our new health and fitness subscription serviceAt launch, Premium includes nine guided health and fitness programs including Get Active, Beginner Running, Run Training. Programs include actionable coaching, daily tips and tricks, structured workout plans, relaxation tools, recipe suggestions and educational content.

@Runningjr, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing your idea, and thanks to all the voters and commenters for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

toniecet
Recovery Runner
It would be nice to have a 8-10 week program for couch to 5k. I had to get another app to get a program like this but it would be great if I could do it within Fitbit.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @toniecet, thanks for sharing this suggestion about having the option to use running training programs. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Released".

You might be also interested in this other suggestion: Couch to 5k App Integration.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.