Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Google Wallet on Sense 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can see many are facing issue with adding cards in Google wallet . The cards that supprt in mobile not supporting to setup in Watch 

It would be really helpful if there is any timelines to fix these bugs

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and formatting

Best Answer
272 REPLIES 272

@Mom1951 had my Sense 2 from. new and I have the same issue with Google Wallet 

Best Answer

Replying to Mom1951, my watch is not refurbished. I bought it new and Google Wallet has never worked on my Sense 2.

Best Answer

Most of us that are having this issue have replacement watches. Did you call FIT BIT customer service?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tweeted this issue. No idea what change it will bring.

Best Answer

Okay, so I successfully downgraded the firmware and can access Fitbit Pay and the setup.  Unfortunately I don't have a card that works with Fitbit Pay so haven't been able to test it at a terminal.  Also, Fitbit pushes the update.   I'm using pi-hole to control traffic.  Their are some challenges but making headway.  I don't want to give away to much on this forum, but I'll pen something externally, perhaps Reddit or XDA Developers shortly.

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Before anything else, I wanted to let you know that some of your posts were merged to this thread related to the issues experienced with the Google Wallet app on the Sense 2.

Thanks for your efforts, the screenshots provided and every step tried on your own. I've gone ahead and reported this to our team so they can further investigate. Your feedback and patience are truly appreciated, and rest assured I'll update this thread as soon as I have more details to share.

Best Answer

I have successfully changed the Google Wallet error using traffic inspection techniques and controlling what traffic has access to my smart phone and ultimately bluetooth from my smartphone to Fitbit pebble.  Very interesting.  I've found a softpoint :-). Race is on now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Legend!!!! Instructions for how to downgrade back to pre-google enforced update would help us all!

I used Fitbit Pay to pay for everything for 5 years without a fail. Every little Coffey shop in middle of nowhere, Supermarket, petrol station, anywhere I went - it worked like a machine should. Purchased two cars during that time - paying via the watch. So yeah not happy with the Google walk in ruin it for all of us haha But sounds like geographically there are bigger challenges - and they should just offer a choice of wallet apps to use so some other company may have one that works in Canada...

Best Answer

What I want:

1.) For this product to work correctly for everyone or

2.) To get a full refund for everyone who bought a Sense 2, or a full recall replacement for a working product or

3.) To share with CBC (Canadian Broadcast Corporation and others) what I learn, further confirmed by 3rd party outsourced IT credential'd company, and

4.) Make it work anyway with custom aftermarket adjustments.

What has happened here is not okay, and it will not simply go away. Fitbit consumers demand a response and resolution.  Vote here if you agree.

Best Answer

@LizzyFitbit you know my views on this situation. I am glad to see that you are active again on the forum and providing information to support. In the background I have had a case opened and escalated with Fitbit support for months now with no real updates provided. Can we expect any progress soon? 

----------

@SunsetRunner I totally agree with this. I also believe that Fitbit should compensate all those that have stayed with it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well said. This watch was released in September 2022. Here we all are in May 2023 with zero answers from Fitbit as to when this will be fixed. 7 months of false advertising and denial from Fitbit and hours wasted on "troubleshooting" a known issue, is definitely not OK. 

Best Answer
Champdude, if I was a betting man, they want you to buy the pixel watch,
if you want smartwatch functionality. If they wanted your sense 2 to be
a smart watch they would have offerred the developer kit for this watch
like the othe fitbits in the past. This watch is a fitness tracker now,,
as such resources are probably more being devoted to the flagship then
the fitness tracker. The fact that android based watches use up a lot
more power than fitbits, its just in my opinion a casualty of the
buyout. I would settle for old fitbit functionality with the developer
kit and 3rd party apps rather than being forced into where Google in now
positioning the Sense 2. It's likely a new pixel watch will be out in
the not to distant future and I really hope it's battery life and
ecosystem more resembles the classic fitbit, than the Android watch
which never worked well for me.
Best Answer

I had issue with google wallet (google wallet tile didn't worked for me, I couldn't open it at all). I've been on customer support chat and I've been told it will be escalated to higher level technicians. After around 24 hours my google wallet started to work as it should. 

Best Answer

@Kate_Belfast you are very lucky. I have had escalations opened with Fitbit for months and mine is still not fixed. 

Best Answer

A possible partial Google Wallet fix has popped up this weekend on Google Search by external outlets.  I have confirmed that the suggested fix does not work on the Google Wallet error "Something went wrong Error connecting to Sense 2.  Make sure it is close by and turned on". - I cleared Google Play Services data and Factory reset Fitbit Sense 2.

Having said that, if you are only having trouble adding a card you might try and clear the data in the Google Play Services app (settings, apps), and  factory reset your Fitbit to see if that works.  Might work, might not.

Still no news on the fix for the main issue outlined in this thread.

Best Answer

I'm kinda thinking to take the same approach in paying for Fitbit Premium....

"Dear FitBit, I'm working very hard on paying for your service and thank you for your patience.  At this time however, I am unable to provide my payment information and am not sure when I will have a resolution for that issue"

Best Answer

@thirstycat I like this approach. I have not taken out Fitbit Premium for a similar reason.

@LizzyFitbit do you have a progress report for us? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, can I ask you how you downgraded it?

trank you very much.

Best Answer

HI Etabeta1234,

The Sense 2 is basically a stream device. A factory reset will set you back to the original firmware.  As soon as you try and connect the device to a smart phone with an internet or Bluetooth connection, an update will push forcing an update to the latest firmware on the Fitbit Sense 2.  These updates comes from numerous urls, each url with a different purpose.  You can block specific url updates using pi-hole or root.  Doing so will prevent the upgrade without much trouble (for testing purposes only :_)

In order to revert to the old firm:

a.) Factory Reset your Fitbit Sense 2

b.) Clear Data on the Fitbit app

c.)  Setup the Fitbit Sense 2 from scratch.  Going through the initial steps will force you to "Update".  Turn off WiFi/swap to mobile date (its slower and so easier for the next step). As soon as the download completes (for the update), disconnect Bluetooth from the drop down menu on your smartphone.  The app on your smart phone will complain, ignore it and close the app.  The fitbit will run the round, reboot, etc.  Essentially you have downloaded the update but prevented the update from being applied from your smart phone to the Fitbit by killing the Bluetooth connection.  When re-opening the Fitbit app, Fitbit will beg you to update to the new firmware.  You are now at a manual update posture, and have to click the button to update.  You can confirm your firmware version in the Fitbit smartphone app and on the Fitbit itself.

Once your Fitbit Sense 2 completes the cycle, you will have access to the Fitbit Sense 2, Fitbit Pay setup.  You will be able to go through the setup process accordingly.  I have not tested at a terminal, for the most part cards working with Fitbit Pay in Canada are limited.  I would be interested to hearing any success stories in using Fitbit Pay.

Remember, you need to use a method to block updates.  If you don't, Fitbit will continue to try and push an update.  If you didn't use a method to block the update, the update will push once the smart phone is connected to the internet and/or the Fitbit via Bluetooth.

I am currently reviewing logcats (android logs) to identify what the real issue is with Google Wallet on Fitbit Sense 2, using some other tricks as well.  I posted earlier, then noticed something interesting in the logs, and replaced it with this post.  More to follow.

Wave.

Best Answer

thank you very much!!!!😀

later  I will try.

Best Answer
0 Votes