Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are third-party apps available on Sense 2?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my Sense 2 and have no idea how to install apps. Where is the app store? For example, I would like to install the Calendar app.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback, and for every step tried prior to posting. Let me explain third-party apps aren't available for the Sense 2. I understand how helpful it's to have different apps to keep you connected and focused on your goals, and I'm sorry for this inconvenience.

Our team consonantly works on our products and features based on the feedback shared in the forums. For this reason, I'd recommend supporting this idea posted in the Feature Suggestions board by adding your vote. That way our developers can take it into consideration for future improvements. To learn more about this board, see our FAQs.

By the way, I've moved some of your posts to this thread so we can keep the forums organized. Because this thread is related to our newest Fitbit Sense 2, and I'd encourage you to start a new thread if you have the Sense or a different Fitbit device as this will prevent any confusion.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
207 REPLIES 207

Hi @MattJ71.

Apparently (reported by other users) there are no 3rd party apps available for the Sense 2/Versa 4. Looking at the SDK forum, there is no report of the SDK being updated to support the new watches. So currently it would seem 3rd party developers haven't got the ability to write apps, and with WiFi being disabled would also not be able to test their app via developer bridge. 

Whether this will change is only something Fitbit can answer. Hopefully a Moderator can shed some more light on to what's happening. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

OMG. That is a complete deal breaker. I never thought they would remove apps. 

Also, I don't notice any setup for answering calls on my Sense 2. Has this been removed too? 

Best Answer

@MattJ71 as far as I know, that feature is listed at "coming soon". I am not aware of a specific time frame for "soon". 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

Best Answer

Wow. This is shocking. My phone is always on silent so that's the only way I know my phone is ringing.

If soon is next week, I'm OK with that. But I only have a month to return this thing. 

Best Answer

On the product page it listed on wrist calls as "coming soon" although I did find this tutorial on YouTube (here) on how to set up calls on Sense 2/Versa 4.

I haven't got a device myself, so am still trying to work out (from users) which features are missing. So far it seems as though there is no Google assistant, no music capabilities (including controls) and now we are discovering there doesn't appear to be any 3rd party apps (at least for the time being).

Personally I always have a policy of buying devices (whatever it may be) for the features it ships with and not on the promise of features coming soon. They can have my money once the features have been fully implemented. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer

Looks like the Sense 2 allows me to answer the call, which is taken on the phone. I can't speak into my Sense 2 like I did on the original Sense. 

This is an unfinished product. 

Best Answer

@MattJ71 I can't say I disagree with you. It's why I currently won't be replacing my Sense with a Sense 2. In it's current form for me, it's a downgrade on the features that I use the most and are important to me. I can only speak for myself though, and what I find important might not be for others. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer

You are 100% correct.  I'm not sure what the added features of the Sense 2 are?  All the important stuff was taken away....  I will give it a few weeks for the "coming soon" stuff.  I have until October 23 to return it to Amazon.

Best Answer

Hi @MattJ71 - coming soon most likely will be months away otherwise they would have deferred the release and announcement.

The fact they announced "coming soon" means there is no expected date, and the first update for the Sense was several months after release.

When accessing the App store from the Fitbit App, Gallery tile, are there not even Fitbit Apps? You should see a Weather app.

There are clocks such as "Turbine" or "Paths Premium "

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

The only apps there are the built in Fitbit apps.  The only one not installed was "Find my Phone".  That's it.

Best Answer

@MattJ71- thanks, how many clock faces are available?

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's strange. In some video I've seen at least a shortcut to a calendar. Having more apps is one main cause to upgrade from charge 5 to sense 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There are a lot of clock faces... maybe 120.  

Definitely no calendar.

Best Answer

@MattJ71- is there no Agenda app builtin or installable? Another thing that is missing!?

Best Answer

Nothing at all....

Best Answer

I'm not sure what else we can say at this point, I'm honestly lost for words. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer

I do not know what is happening, but I was told on chat support that 3rd apps will be supported later after some update from fitbit. As everything... So I choose not return my awaited delivery. 😅 🤷🏼‍:female_sign:

Best Answer

@moothee This may very well be the case, although we are talking about the same support who said Google assistant would also be available. It just seems to be extremely poor form to release a product in such a terrible and incomplete state, so much so that its predecessor actually functions better. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer

Some of these "features" may come back, but when?  If they said in a week or two, fine.  But I can't have a crippled smartwatch for 6 months or a year.  From what I can tell, Fitbit (i.e. Google) could have included the Fitbit app store and a simple calendar, how hard can that be?  Also, why can't I speak into my Fitbit on a phone call?  This technology is not new!  I was doing it on my original Sense!

Actually, as it stands now, my Sense has much more to offer than the Sense 2.  The Sense 2 should have been called the "Sense Lite".  

Best Answer