Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get Sense ECG app in Australia?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, to my understanding we dont have access to ecg here in australia, does anyone know how to trick the fitbit into thinking its in a different country so i can download it?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, and a warm welcome to our new members.

I've moved your posts to this thread to keep the forums organized. Thanks for participating in this thread, and for the details provided. As some of you noticed, I'm happy to share with you that the ECG app on Sense is now available in Australia. For any details about this app and how to use it, please see this help article.

Your patience and feedback are truly appreciated, and we hope you all enjoy this new addition!

Have a good day.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
63 REPLIES 63

Hi @thejesus. It's good to see you here in the forums.

As you may know, currently the ECG App isn't available in Australia. I understand how much you'd like to have this app available and while it's not possible to have it on the Sense, please know that we're working hard to bring the Fitbit ECG App to Fitbit users across the world and your feedback is truly appreciated. Please keep an eye to our Help Forums and our Press Release for future updates about this or any other feature availability. 

See you around.

Best Answer

Is there any update if or when the ECG app might be available for Australian users?

Best Answer

This should now be accelerated with Apple obtaining TGA approval for the Apple watch? surely Fitbit / Google can supply us with the feature that a number of users purchased the device for?

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6231803497001https://www.pulseitmagazine.com.au/australian-eheal...

Best Answer

One would hope so. I have moaned several times to the Fitbit Service channel about Fitbit's failure to get the ECG app implemented but I have the feeling that my tweets just faded away ...

Interestingly I asked about the Apple Watch ECG when I was in the Apple Store on Sunday last and was told that they expected the app to be available in Australia in July!  After being approved in March.  Make of this what you will.

Best Answer

Like the article points out, the Australian Government approved the Apple ECG. It is up to Australia to approve the release of Fitbit's ECG. 

Is Fitbit able to force a speed up of their testing process? 

Best Answer

It would be nice to know they've applied for a start!

Best Answer

I have asked that question.  Sadly, Fitbit is even more opaque than Apple. In the end, once again Sadly, I have given up after six years with Fitbit and moved to the Apple watch. Amongst other benefits, the HR is accurate!

Best Answer

Is there any update or information as to whether Fitbit even applied to get the approval?

Best Answer

Have just purchased a fitbit sense only because of the ecg app  are we anyway closer to having it in Australia 

Best Answer

Check with your government. They usually have a page with a listing of what medical devices have been approved. 

Once approved it seems to take 2-3 weeks for the release. 

Best Answer

When will the ECG app be available in Australia 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Blatto.

The ECG functionality has to be approved on a country by country basis. Unfortunately it doesn't appear that this is something that Fitbit shares the progress on. All you can really do is check the bottom of this page (here) for the list of supported countries, which Fitbit will update as new ones are added. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Ok thanks Nathan, just noticed the Apple Watch was just approved in Australia, hopefully Fitbit won’t be to far away

Best Answer

I have likewise just purchased A Fitbit Sense (7 May 2021) only because of the ECG App, which has been widely applauded. Had I known that the App was not available in Australia, I would have opted for the Versa 3, which is $150 cheaper. I really feel cheated and let down. As it stands, the description of this product is misleading. Given that the Health/ECG App is the model’s main sell point (e.g. compared to the Versa 3), I believe that it should not be stocked and sold in Australia as it does not  meet the description promoted. There is nothing on the box to alert Australian customers that the ECG App is not available – all that it states is that the ‘ECG App is only available in select countries’. I did not imagine for one moment that one of those countries would be Australia. Nor was this pointed out to me at the point of sale. I urge Fitbit to address this issue as soon as possible so that those of us who have bought this watch in good faith can have the benefit of the ECG App. Thank you in advance.

Best Answer

Thank you for your response. However, it does not solve the problem. It is ow May and the ECG App is still not available in Australia. As I have posted on this forum below:

'I have likewise just purchased A Fitbit Sense (7 May 2021) only because of the ECG App, which has been widely lauded. Had I known that the App was not available in Australia, I would have opted for the Versa 3, which is $150 cheaper. I really feel cheated and let down'.

Best Answer

Fitbit has to work individually with each country. As mentioned above, it may take time before countries, like Australia gives their approval. 

Best Answer
I'd  be interested to learn what Fitbit is doing to lobby the Australian government and settle this issue?Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S7 edge on the Telstra Mobile Network
Best Answer

Since this is a medical device it will need to go through medical certification required by the government. 

Lobbying the country is not enough. 

Best Answer
Then this product should not be marketed and sold in Australia until the
app is available. To this end I have contacted the Australian Consumer
Advocacy organization Choice to advise. I feel very cheated and let down by
Fitbit.
Best Answer