Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense battery draining after iOS app update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

Our team has released the new Fitbit iOS App 3.43 version and it should be available for all of you. Please make sure to download it from the App store as this will resolve the battery short life issues experienced on your Sense. Take in mind that this and future Fitbit app versions will require iOS 13.4+.

Hi everyone. Thanks for your continued reports.

Our team is aware of the Sense not holding charge when syncing with iOS devices and they're working to bring a fix as soon as possible. In the meantime, we recommend force quitting the Fitbit app on your iOS devices to prevent the battery from draining when syncing.

I've moved your posts to this thread so we can keep our team informed of this situation. Your patience is truly appreciated and please know your feedback hasn't gone unnoticed.

See you around.

Best Answer
553 REPLIES 553

@LizzyFitbit Hello. You still have not replied to my easy question. Has the issue with the breathing rate data fixed with the new firmware? It's just a yes/no answer, not rocket science. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s June 13 and this draining of the battery continues.  Appears that this issue first came up in early May.  Why has this issue not been fixed yet.  It started with the download of the new devise software.  

Best Answer

So after updating to 3.43, removing apps, SPO2, changing clock face, my battery is holding. Although the latter is a good thing, the fact that I can’t use desired features is not. Also, GPS and/or exercise tracker is not working. I go for a run or walk and about 5 minutes in, the exercise shuts down, watch goes dark and seems to need to reset itself. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the exact same issue and this is beyond frustrating. I've reset to factory and reinstalled the app, but nothing seems to work?  This WAS a great watch (I've owned different fitbit models for over a decade).  I installed the new update yesterday and last night I went to bed with the battery at over 90 and woke up 7 hour later and the watch was dead. I don't want to have to read through thousands of posts to find the fix.  Could someone from FITBIT please reach out to us all who are having this issue? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I found an update on the app and it appears to have fixed it at moment!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is a BETTER FIX that worked for me, as the Fitbit moderator’s recommendation is failing me: On my iPhone, I go to Settings, and scroll all the way down to the Fitbit app and click it. There is a setting for Bluetooth. Disable it. This disables just the Fitbit app’s access to Bluetooth instead of all Bluetooth for the phone. Seems to be working well so far. I just have to remember to enable this setting again when I want to sync data, and then disable again after syncing so my sense battery doesn’t die. Of course, this is a temporary band aid fix until Fitbit is able to fix the actual source of the problem…hopefully…soon…Fitbit team… please… this is super annoying.

Background and other things I tried…

I was procrastinating but finally updated my Fitbit Sense a few days ago and immediately began observing the battery drain issue being discussed in this thread.

I tried the recommended fix of force quitting the Fitbit app per the iOS instructions every time I use the app but my sense is still dying by 2am over night.

I tried removing the sense from the Fitbit app, but this is a pain in the butt to have to set it up again from scratch when I want to sync data. 

Turning off Bluetooth on my iPhone fixes the battery drain problem but I use Bluetooth for other things so this is not ideal.

Hope this was helpful…

Best Answer
Thank you. I’ve just turned off Bluetooth for just FitBit. So far nothing else has worked and it’s beyond annoying. Let’s see tonight if it suddenly conks out out at 3am! I hope this works.
FITBIT: Please FIX THIS PROBLEM. We shouldn’t have to do these kinds of workarounds to make your product usable. Unacceptable IMO.
Best Answer
Have you tried doing a factory reset on your Fitbit? It’s in Settings/About Sense. Worked for my battery drain, just make sure you sync first or you’ll lose data!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, have done the factory reset, removed and reinstalled the app on my phone with no luck. I've now turned off bluetooth for the app (as mentioned by @ToniBeanMango ). Hopefully something will work. Its frustrating that a watch that would reliably hold a charge for about 4 - 5 days, doesn't last through the night.  This last step of turning off bluetooth for the app hopefully is a short term fix as they need to address what the problem is.

Best Answer

Updated w/version 3.43 on Fitbit app.  After a long day of running around & fitting in a workout, I ended the day w/4% battery drain on my Sense leaving me @ 96%.  Syncing was fine.  I was pleasantly surprised as I didn't have app up on my phone, and I had my bluetooth on.  I don't want to say my Sense is back to normal, that remains to be seen in the coming days - I don't want to jinx it. 

I'll keep checking this thread for any new issues and updates....or if I start having problems again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is weird the factory reset seems to work for some and not others. I can’t believe Fitbit can release software that isn’t tested properly to avoid these issues. I know Apple wouldn’t do this and also know from recent experience that their customer relations people are so much better. I’m now willing to forgive the battery life of an Apple Watch as at least I know what to expect from them! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having this issue since the iOS update doesn’t last the day.  I’ve turned off all apps and syncing but just drains.  Hopefully this issue will be fixed soon I’m paying for premium and not even getting the standard product at the moment.  I’m assuming there will be some refunds applicable while this issue is being sorted. Thanks Ange

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had same issue. Very frustrating! 

Best Answer

Same sync/battery drain issues. Been a loyal FitBit user for years but the this and not being able to listen to music while out exercising is testing that. Father’s day next weekend, is it time to go for an Apple Watch? 

Best Answer
Try the factory reset, after saving your data. Every time the do a firmware
update it is a 50-50 proposition that it will be bugged and something stays
open, and drains your battery.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes!! Definitely!! Happy father day x

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here.. Fitbit is aware of this and not doing anything about it ..just fibbing us off with riding fixes ..when there is a obviously a hardware problem

Best Answer

I have not really had any issues and owned this watch since October 2020. That’s what’s weird to me. Everyone complains about software issues. One would think if software were the problem wouldn’t everyone be impacted? 

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer
0 Votes
My thought is that there are probably a few variables around why not everyone is impacted. The factors could be:

-What software update the Sense has.
-Current iOS.
-Type of iPhone.
-Which version of the FitBit app a person has.

I have also had my Sense since October. Overall it has been working well. However, the past few weeks have been a train wreck. A syncing issue and a factory reset predated the battery drain. The battery drain has rendered my Fitbit premium membership obsolete and has made this be nothing more than an expensive watch and pedometer. In essence, I can’t have the app open at all or it catastrophically drains the battery.

To be honest, the lackluster response from customer service about how to resolve the issue has led me to start looking at other devices. It’s really unfortunate because I’ve been with Fitbit for years. However, to have an issue that’s impacting this volume of customers and to have the response continually be to “be patient…We are working on it” - just is not sufficient.

With that being said, I am glad that not everyone is impacted…because it is a real bummer to have the battery drain issue.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Mine went screwy after a firmware update but wasn’t fixed until a later app update.

About three weeks of mayhem and pain - but ok now.

Steve
Best Answer