Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense battery draining after iOS app update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

Our team has released the new Fitbit iOS App 3.43 version and it should be available for all of you. Please make sure to download it from the App store as this will resolve the battery short life issues experienced on your Sense. Take in mind that this and future Fitbit app versions will require iOS 13.4+.

Hi everyone. Thanks for your continued reports.

Our team is aware of the Sense not holding charge when syncing with iOS devices and they're working to bring a fix as soon as possible. In the meantime, we recommend force quitting the Fitbit app on your iOS devices to prevent the battery from draining when syncing.

I've moved your posts to this thread so we can keep our team informed of this situation. Your patience is truly appreciated and please know your feedback hasn't gone unnoticed.

See you around.

Best Answer
553 REPLIES 553
Did not work. Spoke to a rep who said many others are experiencing the same issue and they are working on an update to resolve the issue. On my last charge the Sense stopped working , thankfully it is still under warranty.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Do you have the SpO2 app installed? 

Best Answer
I do not have it installed.

Best Regards,
Patrick Arnold

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

On the tracker, it is an invisible app, the only way to tell is through the listing of the apps in the phones fitbit app. 

It is possible that the update installed it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have it installed no problems until last update!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Teecher wrote:

Did your Sense update the firmware? It should be now running 44.128.4.17.

There's a newer firmware update 44.128.5.38 that's SLOWLY rolling out to users right now. You can read the thread about it here. It contains bug fixes, but it's not entirely clear what exactly those bug fixes are. 44.128.4.17 was released last November and I definitely had syncing issues with that version. Doing a factory reset fixed my syncing issues, but I've had to do it twice. I'm not sure how the new firmware impacts the problem because it hasn't been available for my Fitibit yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem- 6 months worked fine. Have the 4.17 software but max is 21 hours of charge now. No notice of new update to me yet. Tried all the fixes. Fitbit Sense has a major issue to address. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My battery is draining in about 8 hours. Very frustrating. 

--------------------------------

But, I like having the data tracked on my phone/app too

--------------------------------

I'll try that. But, this needs to be fixed!! I've already had them send me a new Sense a few months ago for a different issue. May go to a different watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you get them to send a new watch? All they would tel me is “try this, and this and this” - none of which made a difference.

Best Answer
Actually, they sent me a new watch in February because my other battery
died and would not charge no matter what I did. This is a new problem.
Best Answer
0 Votes

You ask for a replacement from support.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I need help. I bought my FitBit Sense 70 or 80 days ago. Everything was near perfect up until a few days ago The battery held a charge for a good 3 or 4 days which is great for me.

Now Just a couple of days ago my Battery started draining very fast and I dont even think it last 12 hours now. I wanted to buy the insurance thing but have been unable to find it the last few weeks. There is a RED number 1 on my Phone App, I am thinking it may need an update. How do you update it? And would a lack of an update cause the battery to drain in 12 hours? It barely last 12 hours. That is where we are at right now. I have tried to turn off everything that may drain it. I NEED HELP, I am extremely upset. I have kept track of my Sleep every night for almost 3 years with fitibt that is in jeopardy right now. I havent missed a day. I also keep track of a lot of stats by hand and that may not happen now.

I am very upset and sad. PLEASE someone help! I need help buying the insurance thing that I wanted and cant find, and I need help with the battery issue!

Best Answer

Hello

Regarding your precious tracker's battery issues, check out the Fitbit Help pages:

To update your tracker, when wanted check out the Fitbit Help page: How do I update my Fitbit Device? 

*fingers crossed*

Best Answer

I suspect something is screwy with the latest firmware update. I’ve been having problems with my Sense not syncing for a couple weeks and the. I eagerly applied the latest firmware update hoping to end my sync issues. 

it appears to be syncing now, but it appears to be endlessly syncing. I think that’s what’s killing my battery. I’ve already reset my device twice and have been using it without any apps. Same result. 

When I disable Bluetooth on my iPhone X to prevent my Sense from trying to sync endlessly, the battery life improves. I can’t say it goes all the way back to normal, but it becomes usable again. 

With Bluetooth on, it drains over 10% an hour. It’ll last 10 hours max. 

---------------------------------------

Hey, I just found out that if I do a factory reset on my Sense, the battery drain issue goes away. Go into Settings > About this Sense > Reset. 

Make sure you perform a sync right before to retain your stats. 

Best Answer
WOW...Yes I think you may be right. Thanks for the insight. I just
contacted FitBit and they are sending me a new one no questions asked. How
awesome.

You are right because everytime I synce it it takes forever.

Thanks so much for you response. Good Luck
Best Answer

I’m having the same problem charged my watch twice yesterday and battery completely drained again while sleeping.  I just bought it a month or so ago.    So frustrating.   

Best Answer

Have given up with fitbit, got offers from Suunto and Garmin, and for the last week my life is joy again and actually have a device I can wear all the time, even with Open Water Swimming - with Dashboards that actually give me meaningful information without having to have a premium membership.

It has been a great six years with fitbit - but  I need a product that delivers my needs.

All the best all here to  the community 👌

Best Answer
I deleted the app and did factory resets. I then reinstalled the app. The
problem resolved. I am now on day 2, and my battery is at 76%. So, this
seemed to solve the problem.
Best Answer

I did receive and download the latest fix. However, my Sense battery is draining to 0% daily. I have turned off all the bells and things that are supposed to make Sense fantastic, but here I am with a horrible user experience. I am shocked that Fitbit hasn’t solved the battery issue. I have enjoyed using Fitbit for many years, but I am ready to look for another option. 

Best Answer

Same for me.

Did a complete rest of the watch and new firmware downloaded to watch.

Everything fine for about 5 days then bam! battery drains from 100% to zero in about 10 hours.

Honestly, I've been using fitbit from the beginning and this bit of kit is VERY expensive if it turns out to have a life of about 6 months.

So, so, so, so poor.

Best Answer