Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense stopped recording skin temperature

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Sense stopped recording my temperature two nights in a row. I’ve restarted it, and checked to see if there was an update, but everything is up to date. I’m not sure why it suddenly stopped recording. Any advice?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
182 REPLIES 182

It might be helpful if watch issues not related to this Skin temperature topic appeared in a new separate topic to make it easier for people to find and follow.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone.

Thanks for keeping me posted about this situation. I'm glad to announce that this issue has been resolved and you should start getting your skin temperature data correctly. If you haven't done so, please make sure to sync your Sense with the Fitbit app to update your details. I appreciate your feedback and patience, and we'll keep working to make Fitbit more useful for you.

If you have a different question, I'd encourage to start a new thread and share as many details as you can to receive help from the Community.

Best Answer

Hi again.

Tuesday here in Sweden and the temperature readings are gone - again. Just like the previous week (Tuesday 22nd). All other reading/measurements looks good (I’m on the Premium plan). Sleep, stress, breathing, pulse, … Are all there but no temp.

It stopped working last Tuesday, started to work on Saturday but no readings today once again.

”Tuesday problem”?

Best Answer

Hi @lmfs42  - seems like it has stopped again, but may be it's taking it's time.

Best Answer

Sorry, Lizzy, it looks like the issue is back. 

Best Answer

I have readings today.

May not be aggregate.

648B30E9-B94E-4539-9285-69156C0DB7AB.jpeg

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer

@Clove6060 same. Still working for me as well.

Screenshot_20220329-090801.png

Looks like March 23rd was a total loss for you as well. I wonder if anyone get skin temperature information that day?

Best Answer

Lizzy - Looks like the issue is back again this morning.  Many of us are experiencing the same issue that was supposedly resolved a few days ago.  Please work with the IT group again to resolve this issue and hopefully this won't happen again.  Losing faith in Fitbit more each time this happens.  Thanks for your help! Traci

Best Answer

Same here: no skin temperature reading for last night. It seemed to be fixed and now it’s gone again. 

iPhone 12mini/current version iOS. Fitbit Versa 3 and Apple Watch SE.
Best Answer

Same here.  Worked for 1 night then stopped again. 😔

Best Answer
Same here. Mine worked for 2 days and then stopped again.

Also blood oxygen just stopped today.
Best Answer

Hi Lizzy,

I think you may have announced that correction too soon. 

I landed on this thread when I searched for skin temp issues. My skin temp readings were working for the last 3 days and have again disappeared/stopped working today.  Up until a week or so ago my skin temp reading was working dependably.

I've also had the Sp02 acting erratically for a long time. Close to a year.  The Sp02 will show on the watch face, most of the time, but will not show up on the app after being synched.

I have tried all the fixes for the skin temp and Sp02 issues and some, like clearing the app's cache and rebooting both the cell phone and watch, will work for a short period of time before ceasing to work again. I don't have the patience to clear the cache and do the reboots each time since the fix isn't permanent.

I had some issues with my previous Fitbit/Surge so when I first got the Sense I decided not to sign up for the Premium service until I was sure it was working solidly and would be worth it.....still waiting.

Best Answer

Got a reading on all metrics yesterday. Today the only metric I got was resting heart rat. Looks like it’s going backwards🤪

Best Answer

Hi everyone.

I'm sorry you're having this issue again, and thanks for taking the time to let me know about it. This has been reported to our team so they can further investigate and identify a fix. In the meantime, please make sure to keep the Fitbit app updated and your Sense syncing in order to keep the rest of your stats updated.

Once I have more details, I'll share them in this thread.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks like everything is appearing today, Wednesday 30th,  including the missing readings for Monday and Tuesday.

Best Answer

Same here, readings are back on Wednesday morning, including the missing Tuesday.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Skin temperature tile graph is correct but Monday is still missing in the health metrics graph.

Best Answer

Hello everybody. 

Thank you so much for reporting this situation. Apparently some users are still affected by this. This has been reported again and Fitbit is looking into it. We appreciate your patience and thank you again for the feedback. Please make sure to keep your Fitbit app up to date. 

Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Also got ALL of "today's" readings when I synced earlier...but one day in a row isn't a trend and I've had plenty of "worked for a day or so" events before.

Still missing some previous ones but I'd be thrilled if it would just keep continuously working from here.

I don't know about you folks but.....I don't synch until the Sp02 reading shows up on my watch face because I want to be sure the data is available.  Most times the Sp02 comes in about 2 hours after I wake up.

Why is this thread marked SOLVED???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Definitely NOT solved!!!!

At the current time under Health Metrics my Breathing Rate, Heart Rate Variability and Skin Temperature ALL show "No data in the last 24 hours".

Blood Oxygenation and Resting Heart Rate are out of Personal Range.
Come on Fitbit, figure it out and do a fix that lasts longer than just one day (or less).

Best Answer
0 Votes