Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense stuck on Fitbit Logo

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I performed a soft reset on my Fitbit Sense when menu items were greyed out and not displaying properly. After holding down the side button several seconds until it restart, the Fitbit continued to keep resetting every minute or so. The logo will appear for a bit, disappear, then start all over again repeatedly. This has been going on all day now and the device is completely unusable now. I've attempted resetting the Fitbit the same way several times, but it keeps doing the same thing. How do I resolve this issue?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for sharing your experience and troubleshooting. If your Sense display is experiencing issues, let’s try restarting it by doing the following: 

• Press and hold the button for 10 seconds until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen, and then release the button.
  • For more information please see How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If the issue persists, please get in touch with our Support team.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
62 REPLIES 62

Same thing happened when I shut mine off, if it's under warranty they should replace it, too bad this seems like a common issue with this device. 

Best Answer

Hi there, @SirJimmyP. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Sense. 

According to the description of your post, it seems like you've performed a factory reset instead of a regular restart. That would explain why you cannot connect your watch to your Fitbit app. With that said, I'd recommend trying the steps below:

1. Remove the Sense from your phone's Bluetooth settings and in the Fitbit app.

2. Restart your Sense.

3. Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use.

4. Plug it into the charging cable and open the Fitbit app.

5. Set up your Sense.

As for the settings you're seeing grey out on your watch, it seems your Sense was into either Sleep Mode. When the sleep mode setting is on:

• Notifications, goal celebrations, and reminders to move are muted.
  • The screen's brightness is set to dim.
  • The Always-On Display clock face is turned off.
  • The screen stays dark when you turn your wrist.
  • The sleep mode icon illuminates in the quick settings.

To turn off Sleep Mode, please swipe right from the clock face on your watch to access the quick settings. For more information, see How do I navigate my Fitbit device?

Hi there, @Sknightsense. Welcome on board. I understand how you must be feeling. I've seen our Support Team was able to help you after you posted here. 🙂 If you have any questions regarding the outcome of your case, feel free to let our team know about that so they can further assist you.

Have a nice day. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, whether I hard reset the Fitbit or not is unknown. The problem still remains to be that the device would repeatedly restart without getting past the logo screen. Now the device will not turn on at all, and that is after I left it plugged in to charge all night. 

Best Answer

Finally got it.

I had to perform a factory reset on the Fitbit device and it worked again.

Best Answer

@SirJimmyP I'm glad to hear you managed to solve the issue with your Sense. Thanks for sharing the outcome! 🙂

I would like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Happy stepping! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, please can you tell me how have you solved you problem. I have the same.. I see only logo and watches doesnt react to anything. Thank you Milan

Best Answer

Hi there, @Darkanubis007. Thanks for stopping by in the Community Forums. 

If you haven't done so yet, please follow the steps below:

• Remove your Sense from your Fitbit account and unpair it from your phone's Bluetooth.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off the Bluetooth.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth.
  • Setup your Sense again.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Sense.

If you can't get started with your Sense, usually a missing requirement is the cause. Carefully review the requirements provided in the help article: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? 

Hope that helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact problem, numerous restarts, now just the logo screen and nothing else.  I've done all the above and nothing.

Best Answer

@ldzierba I appreciate you had followed the tips and recommendations provided above.

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

We hope your issue is solved soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you do the factory reset? I face the issue

Best Answer

How did you do it if you can’t get past the logo screen?  My friend has the same issue. 

Best Answer

Ya, don’t do this. Customer support is less than helpful. 

Best Answer

I have followed all the steps and my Fitbit is still stuck on the logo screen. It is under a year old. How do we get a replacement? This is obviously the only option I have left 

Best Answer

I've only had my watch a week and it's stuck resetting itself. I hesitated buying this watch. I want me money back if it has to be replaced. This sucks! 

Best Answer

How does a factory reset possible when the watch is stuck at logo screen. It happened to me just now and multiple soft resets and following community moderator's instructions did not work. It is still stuck at logo.

Just one year back I bought it and looks like it's dead...😢

Best Answer

You should tell her to try to change her Fitbit clock face before unpairing her Fitbit sense. I did you'r instructions first before trying to change my clock face. Now my Fitbit sense is unpared and I'm unable to try it. 

It's been stuck on the logo screen since February. I've had it constantly on the charger. Trying to restart it by the button.

Best Answer

@DJ_BikeWala Just seeing this. It would've been quicker to Google search.

Hold the back button for about 8 seconds. 

When the Fitbit logo disappears:

Release the button briefly (for less than 2 seconds). 

Hold the button again until you feel a second, longer vibration, which indicates you initiated the factory reset. 

Best Answer

I have done all this and still have the logo issue.

Best Answer

Same here, nothing I do will get it off the logo screen I have seen numerous posts about this and no real fix. Mine is not even a year old yet. 

Does anyone have a fix for this? 

Best Answer