Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense stuck on Fitbit Logo

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I performed a soft reset on my Fitbit Sense when menu items were greyed out and not displaying properly. After holding down the side button several seconds until it restart, the Fitbit continued to keep resetting every minute or so. The logo will appear for a bit, disappear, then start all over again repeatedly. This has been going on all day now and the device is completely unusable now. I've attempted resetting the Fitbit the same way several times, but it keeps doing the same thing. How do I resolve this issue?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
62 REPLIES 62

Yep, same for me no luck and I was on the phone with tech support.  I was under warranty and no joke, thus us the 2nd timein less than a year!  I was given no choice but to get a replacement. Seriously, replacement for a watch that has known issues and will fail again!  I'm going to get a Samsung watch, fitbit has declined in quality!

Best Answer

This solution did NOT work and now my Sense cannot pair with the phone when I try to Set up the Device.  The Sense logo continues to flash, wont turn off and wont advance to a proper screen.

Best Answer

It seems like it is a Pandora and fitbit software issue that neither is taking responsibility for.  I canceled Pandora and use Spotify, not ideal, but the app works. I also got a Samsung watch, too many years of dealing with Fitbit watches.  Samsung is not much more expensive than Fitbit, the only issue is you do have to download playlistso on your watch, time consuming.  I'd say good luck, but fitbit, nor Pandora has. resolved the issue, 3 months now.

Best Answer
I never had Pandora app on my FitBit.
Glad your problem was resolved.  I will definitely look into a Samsung watch next go around.
Best Answer

How did you perform the factory reset? I seem to be having the same trouble…

Best Answer
A factory reset doesn't seem possible since you need to go to the settings view on the watch to do the reboot.  Can't even get there!
Best Answer
0 Votes

A restart is done by holding the button for about 8 seconds.

A factory reset can akso be done with the button but best to chat via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & support, Contact Customer support to get guided through it.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes
You guys don't get it!  The logo flashes ALL the time.  When I press and hold the buttons to restart/reboot it only pauses the pulse of the logo, and slim white line appears briefly, then it goes back to the same pattern and NEVER changes it's routine.  Thus, it seems stuck in trying to reboot but can't advance.  Can't even shut the **ahem** thing off.
The firmware update you are pushing caused this problem.  
Not to worry.  My device was under warranty and a new one arriving soon.  I do hope they have updated the firmware.  Shame that this Fitbit lasted less than 3 months! 
D
Best Answer

@dawn29 - thanks for the clarification of the symptoms which seem terminal, so lucky it's under warranty.

Though would be interesting to know, if you let in run down for a month and charge it if you still get the same situation. Hope the replacement works.

When you set it up check you have the latest firmware because it may not get installed,

In which case you may need to factory reset it from the watch Settings, About Sense menu. And wait several minutes before installing again.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue and it's maddening. How do you do a factory reset?

Best Answer

If your tracker is stuck, I recommend performing a long restart by doing the following:
Plug the device into the charging cable.
While the device is plugged into the charging cable, hold the button down for 15 seconds.
Remove your finger from the button. 
Remove the device from the charging cable.

Regards,

Will

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you get the issue fixed mine is doing the same thing

Best Answer

I have the same problem but it will not let me do  a reset

Best Answer
0 Votes
I notified tech support and they said there wasn't anything that could be
done. They checked my warranty and of course it had expired so they gave me
a 35% discount on a new device. They dont sell the original sense anymore
and the discount couldn't be used for the new one coming out so I ended up
getting a versa. So far I'm happy with it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for sharing your experience and troubleshooting. If your Sense display is experiencing issues, let’s try restarting it by doing the following: 

• Press and hold the button for 10 seconds until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen, and then release the button.
  • For more information please see How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If the issue persists, please get in touch with our Support team.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to get a new Sense.  Please stop trying to fix the old one.  For the record, the old one was stuck in a constant reboot mode.  Cant turn it off, cant reboot, cant go to settings.  No actions changed the status.
Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us and for sharing your experience and for your advise @dawn29

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear Andrea, this did not work for me. While the Sense does restart, it stay stuck on the logo screen and rapidly depletes the battery until it reaches 0% Charge and shuts down. It is not possible to connect to the device via bluetooth when powered on / hanging at the logo stage.

I ordered this device on 17-July-2022.

Since the device is still under warranty I wish to explore my compensation options. This is my third Fitbit and third time the device has had a critical defect.

Thank you for your support,

Richard 

Moderator edit: removed personal information. 

Best Answer

Hi Idzierba .. I have the same issue. Did you get yours working again? Best wishes from Berlin 🤘🏻

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I am having the exact same issue. How did you perform a factory reset on the Fitbit device? Thank you! 

Best Answer
0 Votes