Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to stop swim tracking on Sense

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When the button is clicked to stop the swim clock, it opens to the wallet screen. Click the button again and it goes back to the swim clock which keeps on ticking. Gets tied into this loop for a least one hour.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Try a quick double tap of the button to exit the swim mode. The displayed instructions are wrong. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
52 REPLIES 52

Just received my sense replacement. Still not stopping when my swim lap ends. I press the button & nothing. I pressed longer & long button set up comes on

Then I end up having to reboot. What's the deal with this crappy device?

Best Answer

Since update screen has a lock on it that I cannot open (I think). When I press the left button it will not take me to the screen to end or resume. I cannot stop it. I have to shut the phone off. Very frustrating. Has happened now both days since update was installed. 
screen is slow if not responding to and apple phone app is hard to respond. 
when went to charge it said slow to charge

update is horrible

Best Answer

Hi @Lovajoy and @Sail13. Welcome on board.

I've moved your posts to this new thread to keep our forums organized. Thanks for the details provided, and for every step tried prior to posting. I'm sorry for the difficulties experienced while tracking your swim activity and just to confirm, did you make sure to press the button once without holding it? If that's correct, please double check if your Sense is indeed updated to the latest version and try restarting it to refresh its performance. Open the Exercise app to track your swim one more time and let me know how it goes.

@Sail13 About your other questions, make sure the Fitbit app is updated and try rebooting your phone. Additionally, check this help article which describes some troubleshooting tips to get your watch charging correctly. 

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
I did check and there are no more updates available. When I swam today the same kick was on and I did press the button but I couldn’t say I didn’t hold it for sure. It went to setup wallet screen. I then shut it off and waited and turned it back on and it went back to the clock screen. I was done swimming so I didn’t try again. If I can swim tomorrow weather permitting I will try again and get back to you
I do not want this water lock on it. There should be an option to permanently remove this. I have never had any problem hitting it in error and no problems before this update. This should have been explained with this update. Again it should be an option to install the water lock not forced upon us
Thank you for your help

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Try a quick double tap of the button to exit the swim mode. The displayed instructions are wrong. 

Best Answer

If you catch the count "up" (by holding the button down until  the yes/no screen comes up, touch yes.  But once it starts to count up again quickly hold the button until it recycles to the clock.  This may take several tries.

No thanks.  I did find the email with the mailing label on it.  Thanks again! 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried and can’t get beyond the water Lock Screen. Only goes to setup wallet and then back to water Lock Screen.
Extremely frustrating. Very unhappy with Fitbit.
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done 2 Quick button press. It stops my swim clock on sense.

Best Answer

Hi @Sail13 and @Fitwing the water lock screen exits when the visible timer ends are you waiting? The watch will then go into its swim mode.

Once in its swim mode, yes a double tap will be needed to exit. 

There is a box to check so that the water lock reminder screen will not be shown again. 

Best Answer

I've been stuck in swim mode for several hours now.  I can activate my Google assistant, but can't get the watch to restart or exit swim mode.  I just purchased this yesterday and I'm pretty disappointed at the moment.  I've always loved my Fitbit products, but the responsiveness of this one seems to be lacking and now this issue.

Best Answer
I Quickly pressed the button twice & stopped mine. Maybe give it a try.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

@HChastain a quick double tap (Very short taps done quickly) of the button should bring up the pause screen for swimming. There should be the option to continue or End. 

Normally to get into Google Assistant the button needs to be held in for a second. Of course holding the button for 12 seconds will 

Best Answer
It goes into the swim mode fine. I just can’t get it to end. I couldn’t swim yesterday nor today. Not sure when these bands from the tropical storm will end and we are getting another on Tuesday. I will let you know the results when I can. I tried it without swimming and it would not react to a double tap to end but if I hit the button it did end but no screen came up to stop the water lock option. Will get back asap.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

@Sail13 by hitting end, the user has turned of the water lock, allowing the user to scroll through the stats of the swim. 

Then tap the button or swipe right to close this screen. 

Best Answer

See my post on the Android Board. I put screen shots of the tracker showing the steps to exit the Swim Mode. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am getting the same problem and have to reboot every time to end swim. Infuriating and takes ages as it just keeps trying to get me to set up Alexa. I would love a solution 

Best Answer
Yes this is ridiculous. Fitbit needs to remove this update putting on this water lock. Terrible on their part. I have had fitbits for years since I swim laps and want this tracking along with stats to keep track of my health. If this doesn’t get fixed it maybe time for apple. Sad customer service.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

By default it will take a double tap of the button, from any screen but the swim screen, then a tap of the wallet icon to open the wallet. These shortcuts are easily configurable through settings - shortcuts. 

The default for Alexa is to hold on the button for a second, this action can be also be changed through the shortcuts. 

A double tap of the button is needed. These two taps can not be longer than a quarter of a second. 

Best Answer

Thank you so much. I went swimming today. Double tapped the button I usually end with (I think the slave button) and it worked a treat. Really appreciate your time and advice. 

Someone in the community advised me to double tap the screen. I tried today and double tapped the left side end button in quick succession. I used to press this once to end a swim, tapped twice quickly and it worked fine. They seem to have changed the auto lock end function and not let us know. Either that or I have never had auto lock on before and I had no idea how to unlock it.

Juliette

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer