Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wristband keeps detaching from Sense

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The band is detaching from the device. I have had more problems with my Fitbits.  So frustrating.  This model is way overpriced and the connection is garbage basically.  The versa with the pins me did this.  These are plastic clicks that clearly cannot hold the band in place and keep it connected to the device.  I’m very disappointed. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Sandicobia, welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I understand your point of view about having this experience with your Sense wristband and I'm sorry for this inconvenience. This isn't the experience that we want you to have and my best suggestion is to get in touch with our Support team so they can evaluate your options and bring a solution for you. Please click here to get connected with them via chat or phone, and keep an open communication with them.

Have a good day.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
67 REPLIES 67

Hi @Sandicobia, welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I understand your point of view about having this experience with your Sense wristband and I'm sorry for this inconvenience. This isn't the experience that we want you to have and my best suggestion is to get in touch with our Support team so they can evaluate your options and bring a solution for you. Please click here to get connected with them via chat or phone, and keep an open communication with them.

Have a good day.

Best Answer

I'm also extremely disappointed and actually, quite mad about this. I took off a backpack today and it snagged my watch. It didn't take much force to disconnect the watch from the strap, and it fell about 3 feet to the ground and smashed the screen. I JUST got a replacement because the strap mechanism was completely broken on my last one. 

----------------------------------------------------

I have to give credit to fitbit. I called them, was helped by a great young lady, took a photo of the damage, and they are replacing my device. So, that is pretty cool.

Best Answer

Hi @Brendån, it's nice to see you on board.

I totally understand where you're coming from and thanks for taking the time to contact our Support team. I'm glad you've received help to get your Sense replaced and follow up with your email case should you have any further questions.

Best Answer

I have just started having the same issue this weekend. It started just disconnecting randomly, including over night while sleeping. Yesterday, I stopped counting after the 6th disconnect.. and have just started keeping it in my pocket when we leave the house for anything.. I have ordered a new band, a third party leather one that has a bit that wraps around and keeps both sided connected so it will at least not fall off my wrist... hoping it's just a faulty band.. have only had this about 6 months and i really do like the functions it offers, esp the sleep monitoring...  but this, (on top of it losing it's connection with my phone from time to time..) is just really annoying and making me reconsider following my husband in his migration to a different brand...

Best Answer

Just had a scare myself. I’ve had this watch since October without a band issue. While cleaning the watch tonight, the band disconnected and my sense fell into the sink. The soft TPU protector was not on at the time. I clean  it as well (when I work out or do yard work moisture gets under the protector). I panicked thinking the glass would be broken. It was fine. I think the band release tabs get sensitive as time goes on.  I’ll be more mindful when cleaning.

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer

i ordered some replacement bands and it all seems to be working fine now, so maybe the magnet inside the band was having the issue... hope this is the end of it... (did get several bands this time so i've got options and spares to hand.. including one that wraps around the sync so both parts of the band are connected and even if one side detaches, it shouldn't all fall to the ground... )

Best Answer

Hi @bookladydavina. Welcome on board. @Clove6060 It's good to see you around.

@bookladydavina Thanks for joining this thread and I'm glad your replacement bands are working well. I understand your concern as the bands shouldn't fall off if they're attached correctly to your Sense. If by any chance you need help with your bands or your watch, please get in touch with our Support team so they can help you out.

@Clove6060 Thanks for sharing your experience with your Sense. While I'm glad your watch didn't got damaged, I'm sorry you've gone through this inconvenience. My best suggestion is to contact our Support and share all these details so they can provide you with further assistance, and bring you back on track. Please click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

Have a good day.

Best Answer

I have a magnetic band, it will detach from the watch when I take it off nightly before showering.  Any suggestions?

Best Answer

Hi @MTheresa. Welcome back to the forums.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Before anything else, let me clarify that currently there isn't any Sense magnetic band available in our Fitbit store. If this band was manufacturer by a 3rd-party, my best recommendation is to get in touch with them or the retailer so they can provide you with assistance. On the other hand, if you have any other issue with a Fitbit product, you can always share your thoughts here to receive help from the Community, or get in touch with our Support team via chat or phone.

See you around.

Best Answer

I am on my 3rd replacement, the bands still fall out, I am frustrated!

Best Answer
If it makes you feel better - I got a replacement that hasn't had the band
detach once, and I've definitely caught it on backpack straps, etc since.
So they definitely exist.

Be sure you're using OEM Fitbit straps. Lots of people with this problem
are using third party straps.
Best Answer

Let me know how that works!  I Amon my 3rd replacement and have the same issue 

Best Answer

Hi @dwirt. Welcome on board. @Brendån Welcome back to the forums.

@dwirt I understand how frustrating this can be and thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about your watch. This isn't the experience that we want you to have and while reviewing your details, I noticed you already have a case created with our Support team. I'm sure they'll keep helping you with this matter, so please keep an open communication with them and get in touch with them if you have any question about your case.

@Brendån Thanks for sharing your experience with your replacement. I'm glad the band hasn't detached from your Sense and I'm sure your post will help other members experiencing similar issues.

Have a good day.

Best Answer
I am not aware of any further communication not a care started.TY
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi @MTheresa. Thank you for getting back.

I'd like to clarify that the magnetic band you're referring seems to have been manufactured by a 3rd-party and not by Fitbit. As mentioned previously, if your band was purchased through a retailer it's recommended to contact them directly for additional assistance.

Have a good day.
Best Answer

Got my Sense for Christmas 2020 because my beloved Versa permanently lost the Bluetooth after 1 1/2 years. Right now I'm frustrated also plus currently waiting to see if Fitbit will replace my sense for the third time because the stupid button that holds the band in gave out after 9 days on the second replacement! I love my Sense but button designs really suck for a $300 watch there is no back up for having it fall off completely. I've even just bumped the watch on the band side at the gym and had it easily disconnect on me when the buttons were functioning properly? The only 100% fix out there I could find seems to be those bulky all in one band and bumper combinations but then you can't access the top side sensors for EDA scan without removing the watch pebble from it! So at the moment I have absolutely no faith in the Sense design that the band button won't fail again and after my warranty runs out! Even the bands come unglued fall apart easily! Come on Fitfit please fix this problem!!!!

Best Answer

Hi @SuperMom2k2. Welcome to the forums.

Thanks for letting me know about your Sense and for sharing your feedback. I understand how you're feeling about the band not connecting correctly and I'm sorry for this inconvenience. This isn't the experience that we want you to have and please know your feedback will be passed along so our team can work on our watches, as well as improving them. I went ahead to review your details and I noticed you already have a case created with our Support team. It seems they're working on this situation, so please follow up with your email case should you have any further questions.

Have a good day.

Best Answer

I bought a fitbit sense 2 months ago. I went for a swim today, and secured my Sense and then tucked it under my long sleeve wetsuit. 

When I got out my fitbit sense was gone. I wish I read these forums about the defective bands beforehand. I've always used Garmins and thought I'd give fitbit a go against the recommendation of my friends. I don't know why a fitness device would have such a flimsy strap. 

@LizzyFitbit any plans to improve these straps? 

Best Answer

@TJD_24 Welcome to the Community.

Thanks for joining this thread and letting me know about your Sense. I see where you're coming from about having this situation with the band and I'm sorry for this inconvenience. Our team strives to improve the Fitbit experience and the feedback shared in the forums helps us to evaluate and work on our products. Your feedback is truly appreciated and rest assured it hasn't gone unnoticed.

In regards to your watch, let me recommend getting in touch with our Support team so they can see if there is anything that can done for you. Please click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes