Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wristband keeps detaching from Sense

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The band is detaching from the device. I have had more problems with my Fitbits.  So frustrating.  This model is way overpriced and the connection is garbage basically.  The versa with the pins me did this.  These are plastic clicks that clearly cannot hold the band in place and keep it connected to the device.  I’m very disappointed. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
67 REPLIES 67

I think Fitbit devices are designed (manufactured with plastic!) not to have the band swapped out too many times. If the pin holes were strong metal then there should be no limit to changing bands and little chance of a band falling off. Happened to me once. That's once too many times. I'm quite worried about the long term security of my Sense. Though It had dropped off yesterday, but then remembered I'd taken if off and placed in my gym bag as I don't wear it in a sauna or water.

I imagine if it falls off your wrist and you loose it, warranty won't be honoured?

Best Answer
0 Votes

nikolina.l,

If your Fitbit watch is new I would reach out to Fitbit customer service and try to file a claim. They did help me with my Fitbit sense 3 times. If it’s not still under warranty I would suggest a 3rd party band and bumper combination where you don’t need to utilize the band locking mechanism. Sadly I moved on to a different brand watch because after 3 replacement watches the band started to fall off again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey! I am having the same issue. The latch for the band has failed, and causes all of the Fitbit brand bands, and after market bands to fail / fall off. This has caused the watch to fall off my arm, over and over again. Super lucky it didn't break. I stopped wearing the very expensive present from a family member because I could not find anyone to fix it.

I reached out to customer service via chat, and honestly, very disappointed. Apparently, I could send an email with the picture, but because it might take longer than a week to get my email reviewed, why would I? Since I don't have the broken watch at work to take a picture of, their solution is for me to have to go back to a new chat and wait for 20 minutes to get to the same point and send the picture once I have it? It seems like the issue is something Fitbit knows about, and are making it difficult to replace / repair. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Send pictures as requested. Not like they are offering an alternative. Sometimes you have to "take the Bull by the horns", and persue an issue without giving up. 

The watch should be more robust than it is, and last a number of years.

Continue contacting them in a cordial and professional manner. 

Don't give up. See it as a right and challenge, even if time consuming .

Good luck!

Best Answer

The band design for the Sense is bordering on the criminal.

Not only does the tucked under loose end rub my arm raw constantly, to the point where I have stopped wearing it most of the day, but the retention mechanism is a total joke.

There is a .030"  (30/1000", ~.8mm)  X .42" (10mm) tiny ridge along the top of the band that is the only thing holding it to the watch.

I have had it disconnect just by bending my wrist in a particular direction. Just bumping the the retainer buttons on the back of the watch is enough to cause it to drop the band when removing it from the charger.

Don't bother with most aftermarket bands as they lack the precision / quality to be retained by that minuscule ridge and will either simply fall off when you tighten them the first time, or if you are "lucky", it will be close enough to tolerances to stay on until it gets put under any kind of extra load then the tiny plastic ridge will simply be ripped off. 

I have 4 aftermarket bands presently 3 of them would simply not stay attached and the 4th broke as described above simply by bending my wrist while picking something up.

Had I known how bad the band is I likely would have kept my Ionic and risked the battery catching fire rather than replace it with the Sense.

Best Answer

Fitbit makes a sports band. I got them to replace my sense watch and also
bought the sports band. I haven't had any problems since and I give it a
pretty good workout swimming and at the gym.

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer

I was a happy Iconic user. It took forever to receive the codes to order a Sense. I found the silicone strap made my skin sweat and sore. I ordered a proprietary leather strap which just would not connect at all. It was returned to Amazon. I bit the bullet and ordered the Fitbit leather strap at outrageous cost. Like so many others the fixing is a design flaw. I am constantly having the watch fall off as the strap detaches from its fixing. Washing the car, playing golf, sleeping. It is only a matter of time before it gets lost… Interestingly, this fault wasn’t present with the silicone band.

As so many have said previously, this is a disgrace for an expensive sports watch.

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer

The way the band works on this product literally makes no sense, why would something used primarily for exercise be borderline impossible to put on when sweating? Having to loop the band back inside instead of a regular watch is absurd! 

Best Answer

That link ("Please click here") works about as well as the Sense - in other words, bogus.  I suppose the weak band attachment is just another part of its planned obsolescence.  About a year of use and no band will stay in this watch.  Really, this is news to the support team?  They must not have used a Sense for long.  A watch you can't wear isn't worth much.

Best Answer

My Sense does the same thing as all the rest. The band falls off because of the defective latch. I spoke to Fitbit, and they refused to honor the warranty on a known issue! What would you suggest to try now? Maybe a different brand?

Best Answer

I complained and got new watch “face only”, so I just received the watch monitor itself in post, no straps. Tried it on, and in a week time latch broke again. And strap started to fall out, even though I wasnt changing straps or pulling on them or anything. 
So I really got annoyed and just gave up on fitbit, and got myself another brand watch. Just no point 

Best Answer
I hear you. I bought this for the heart apps, as she was diagnosed with
Afib. My wife just won't wear it anymore because she's afraid she'll lose
it.

Luckily, I purchased a protection plan that's refunding the entire purchase
price.

I most especially liked the posted videos of the band latches just flopping
around. How perfect is that?
Best Answer
After 3 warranty replacements for my Sense and 7 years of being a loyal Fitbit customer I gave up with them! Having a $300 watch fall off constantly is just not acceptable and they have not fixed it or changed the design at all! So I moved on to Apple Watch, found a better stats face for it and a cool band and it doesn’t fall off! Downfall is charging it every night!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Same here I’ve moved on to another brand after being a loyal Fitbit customer since the Surge that’s 7 years! But having a $300 watch fall off because of a bad design is just not acceptable! The fact that Fitbit keeps selling it without changing/fixing the design proves they just don’t care!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Try the Apple Watch for the heart apps you won’t be disappointed there! I had to move on to another watch myself after 3 warranty replacements and every new one encounter the same problem of the band falling off a short time afterwards! I’m sorry but that’s just not acceptable for a top of the line product to do that and for a company not to fix it means they just don’t care!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

So sick of seeing this same reply to the same problem again and again. I have been a FitBit customer since the beginning. Between the band falling off and the charger having pins that aren't reliable the Sense model is a complete joke; no better than a play watch you'd get in a bubblegum machine. And now, NOT EVEN THAT, because when it fell off this time I lost it. I'm kind of glad to have the decision made for me. I'm moving on and giving up on FitBit for good. A $300 lesson that I wish I hadn't learned. 😞

Best Answer
I hear you. Mine's being refunded because I bought insurance. The insurance
company doesn't want it back. Can't blame them. I'm only out $13, so I may
just try to fix this piece of garbage.
I'll post it if I do.

Enjoy your nice watch.
Best Answer
0 Votes

They won't do anything! What's the point in contacting them?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm afraid cleaning isn't the issue. This is a poorly designed product from a company that simply doesn't care. I know what they're like. I worked for an audio company that forced me to leave rather than take care of their crappy product. That was fine by me, and I went on to work for a reputable company that never blinked an eye, nor turned their backs on any customer. 

Best Answer

Please tell us where and what kind of band you bought. 

Best Answer
0 Votes