Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why has sleep tracking display information changed?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In the past few weeks the sleep information I used to get from my Fitbit has changed -- and for the worse IMHO.

I used to see good information about depth of sleep. Now all I see is a bar showing total time asleep.  And, no, I have not changed sleep from "normal" to "sensitive" mode. 

Is there a way to return to the previous sleep view mode?  The main reason I got my tracker is to track sleep quality. That information is no longer available so far as I can tell.

Best Answer
87 REPLIES 87

i agree. just bought 2 of the versas and it's a waste to pay extra for vital data that FitBit was supposed to be big on.... sleep data.

Best Answer

Yeah, as soon as this fitbit dies I am going to get a Samsung watch or something. Now that they put previously free features on premium. You can have a premium tier but dont take stuff that used to be free and make it pay to use. That is terrible.

Best Answer

I've been asking about this repeatedly.  Fitbit says I should have the features and "claims" to put in a work order about it.  Never hear from them again.  This was a main feature that prompted me to buy the Fitbit brand.  I am sure not thinking of upgrading to another if the features they advertise kinda come and go. 

Best Answer

Is super disappointed in fitbit.  Definitely a reason I will be switching smartwatches

Best Answer

Yes it’s all about trying to get the most amount of your money for the minimum of effort on their part during difficult economic times. Some call it selfish, some call it greed. Taking away something or a service your device came with as an “included in the price” feature but now they take it away and charge you extra for it.
“But why” you ask? And the simple answer to that is because they can.

That’s just one way the big companies continue to increase the gap between the have’s and the have-not’s. 
It’s despicable! Nothing but power and greed. 
Kind of like selling you a 4 bedroom house and then demolishing one bedroom and charging you not only a higher price but also for the renovations which you never asked for in the forest place because you were happy with the house and the price when you bought it. 

Best Answer

Screenshot_20230624_080759.jpg

 If you click on Deep and REM sleep you get the original sleep stage graph with all the info you used to see before the update.

Best Answer

I am so disappointed with Fitbit (sleep tracker). I am not changing my tracker and I am definitely not paying extra for something that was included when I purchased my Fitbit. I am looking elsewhere for my next tracker.

Best Answer

Pretty crappy business ethic. I have purchased 4 watches and this one will be the last. 

Best Answer
I will be cancelling my premium subscription after this year. The sleep
feature was a positive. No need to pay 79.00 a year to find out how many
hours I sleep. I know this info.
Best Answer

I agree. I was shocked just now to see sleeping data had changed.  I agree, bait and switch.  This might be my last Fitbit. I already had trouble with a Inspire 2 not making it to the year mark—X3.

Surely we can unite as a community and complain to the customer service number.

Best Answer

It’s since Google bought it. All they care about is money, not a few measly Fitbit customers who don’t pay premium. I definitely won’t be buying or subscribing to Fitbit again and neither will anyone else in my family. 

Best Answer
Hi,
I was not very happy with those changes and I bought an Apple watch. No
regrets. Much better than Fitibit. Consumer service is amazing.
Best Answer
My sleep device hasn't recorded my sleep schedule since my last payment.
Very disappointed.
Best Answer

Outrageous.  It' all about the subscription band wagon. We are constantly being nickel and dimed for upgrades, to the point it gets out of hand. Corporate greed is what it amounts to. In this day and age when people are trying to pay for housing and food,  fitbit feels the need to squeeze more from their customers by taking away a feature that was obviously used and relied on by many, like myself.

Best Answer

The face of my Fitbit came off completely yesterday. I will never buy one again. 
i depends a lot on the biofeedback but there has to be a better way. 

Best Answer

Unbelievable, I would have never bought a new Charge 5 if I knew they were taking away features.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yet another feature that FitBit now reserves for premium accounts.....configuring your watchface.  They just keep chipping away more and more.  Their greed is going to drive the company right into oblivion. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s because Fitbit sold [its soul] to Google in 2021 and now we have to pay for more detailed information. 

Best Answer

I have Premium and there are no graphs for sleep anymore. Don't bother upgrading at this point. I am seriously thinking about canceling my subscription because what I get now (no graphs) is just a few numbers in black and white that provide little insight. So I am basically back to where I was before I ever got a Fitbit for sleep.  That is: When I wake up I can feel whether or not I slept well and I can read my own wrist watch on when I go to sleep and when I wake up and it doesn't cost me anything. And Fitbit offers basically nothing more. Absolutely disgusted by what Fitbit "Premium" is offering which as far as I am concerned is so frustratingly pitiful that it is actually worse than not having any Fitbit at all.

Best Answer

No different for Premium!!!! It is a disaster. It shouldn't be called an upgrade - it should be called a downgrade!

Best Answer