Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge band coming apart

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I purchased my Surge in December of 2015. I haven't had it for a whole year yet and the top part of my watch has come undone and now there is a medium sized air bubble on the lower front right side of the watch. I love my surge and have zero complaints about the watch itself only wish the band wasn't falling apart. Any advice on what can be done to fix the issue?

Thank you! 🙂
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's nice to see you guys around @Webproze @graceneb2344! Hey, I'm glad to hear that a new Surge is on its way @BythejerseybrdrSmiley Very Happy

Support is always happy to assist customers and I know they will satisfy you. Have you guys contacted support about the bands coming apart? I'm sure they will be providing you with alternatives fitting within Fitbit's limited 1 year warranty.

Keep me posted! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
115 REPLIES 115

I have an issue where the underside of the band, between the two screws is ripping and coming away from the watch.  Also less than a year old.

Best Answer
I just called customer service 2 days ago regarding the same problem. I also bought my surge in December. They are sending me a new watch.
Best Answer
I really hope there is a solution, because I love this watch and all it offers! It's my favorite sports watch I've owned.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Sounds great.  I'm also having an issue with battery life, which sounds like (from reading the forums) will also get a new Surge sent to me, so I suppose I'm getting a Surge sent either way.  

Looking forward to not having to charge it every other day!  Thanks for your response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's nice to see you guys around @Webproze @graceneb2344! Hey, I'm glad to hear that a new Surge is on its way @BythejerseybrdrSmiley Very Happy

Support is always happy to assist customers and I know they will satisfy you. Have you guys contacted support about the bands coming apart? I'm sure they will be providing you with alternatives fitting within Fitbit's limited 1 year warranty.

Keep me posted! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Just got out of a chat with "Rose" at support and a replacement Surge is on its way.  

Awesome!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Very pleased! Call customer service and I should have a new surge in the next 5-7 days!
Fitbit customer service is awesome! Thanks for all the responses to help find a solution. 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

Music to my ears @graceneb2344 @Webproze, I'm glad to hear the great news! Woman Very Happy

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community, so you can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Enjoy the rest of your day my friends!

Best Answer

@graceneb2344 wrote:
I purchased my Surge in December of 2015. I haven't had it for a whole year yet and the top part of my watch has come undone and now there is a medium sized air bubble on the lower front right side of the watch. I love my surge and have zero complaints about the watch itself only wish the band wasn't falling apart. Any advice on what can be done to fix the issue?

Thank you! 🙂

I bought my fit bit surge in march 2016, I am on my 3rd replacement nwo for bubbling of the watch band and seperation where the band meets the clock face.

My husbands charge HR is coming apart and bubbling as well, I called in and was offerred a Plum (Purple )replacement for my husband to replace his black watch. I said this is unacceptable to ask him to ssettle for plum as he is a man, Not a woman, which I would have no issue with. The reply I received was that the next best thing they could offer me was a 25% discount on teh purchase of another fitbit.

That is unacceptable to me as they are not even 1 year old yet.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Tiffanyjean! While reading your post I was wondering, when was your husband's Charge HR purchased? Did he get a replacement before? 

I totally understand your point about the plum color, but I'm guessing that they offered that color due to the availability at that moment, my boyfriend does have the plum and I think it is not just for a woman I've seen other men friends wearing that color too.

I'll be around! 

Best Answer

Yes customer service is awesome. Have a Fitbit surge for 13 months ( best watch and tracker i've had) and wristband is held together by black electrical tape. Called Custmer Service and Leo and CS team was extremely understanding and authorized to send out a new replacement Surge !

Thank you FITBIT!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Amazing way to start my morning shift @24bingWoman Very Happy I'm very glad and pleasant to hear that you're gonna be back on track. 

Thanks so much for sharing this good comment towards Fitbit and our customer support, Leo did a great job here!

Don't forget to set up your new Surge on your currently Fitbit account so you won't lose any previous data. Here are the steps:

1. On the Fitbit app for iOS dashboard, tap the Account tab.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue.

You have a nice day!

Best Answer

I'm also having trouble with battery life and the band is coming apart.  I've only had my Surge for 3 months.  Does anyone know the phone number to Support?

Best Answer
I have the same issue. I bought my Fitbit Feb of 2015. The band is coming apart all over including ripped at the screws. The rubber is also flaking
In addition to that I can't swipe the screen anymore
Have tried all the resets. When I wrote to customer service they said. Sorry but we will give you 25% off a new one. I am sorry I paid $249 and this barely lasted over a year. In addition I bought several as gifts. It's obvious they have a quality problem. I certainly do not want to pay for another one if they have not addressed the issues it seems my issue is not the only one
Previously Fitbit had recalls on poor product and now it seems they don't want to address another bad quality product.
I am moving on and it's to bad because the user experience up until today was good
Best Answer

Sorry for the delayed response but here is the number I contacted:(877) 623-4997

Good luck

Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased my Fitbit Surge in July 2015.  I have been extremely happy with my Surge as it has helped me lose 20+ pounds.  I have recommended the Fitbit Surge to many coworkers, friends & family.  My watch band has detached from the from the watch base.  I searched the Fitbit store for a replacement band.  Sad to say that a replacement band is not offered.  So for $250 I got 15 months of very useful information that helped improve my overall health.  Not sure what to do now.  After reading about all the problems others are having with the band, I don't feel that buying another Surge is a viable option.  Feeling frustrated!!!

Best Answer

I bought a Surge the day it came out and loved it but after a year and a half the rubber band tore off. I was very disappointed at the quality. I called customer care (case number 11868613) and they initially told me that it I had to follow the wear and care policy (which I did) and that they weren't going to be able to replace it because it had been past year. I don't expect a $250 product to come close to breaking after a year and a half. They eventually stated that they were going to replace it free of charge. They sent me a replacement about 7 days later which i was grateful for. After 2 months this "new replacement surge" the battery would die by the end of the day. I wound need to charge it everyday. It also within the first month let moisture in and the screen would fog up. At the 2 month mark it would not appropriately sync with my phone and app. I put up with this for 3 months until yesterday after charging it all night the surge ran out of battery at 2pm. It lasted 8hrs only. I loved my surge but I did not pay $250 for a product to only last a year and a half and to get such a poor replacement product. I expected better quality from fitbit. I love your products and recommended them to a lot of my friends but will stop doing so due to my experience. I had no hope in calling customer care and in fear that I would get another replacement that would not work, I went to best buy and got the new charge 2 and bought their 2 year warranty preparing myself with the possibility that this one will die in less than 2 years. This all cost me $200. Thought I would share my experience and the next product I buy will not be a a fitbit. 

Best Answer

I have the same problem with a Surge I bought back in April/May. The rubber split at the bolt. When I contacted support, since it is still under warranty, they offer a replacement. However I am in a company-wide competition to stay active and only tracked steps count as well as some other fitness pledge that only accept tracked steps. I can't really send in the Surge and wait however long they take to send a replacement. Guess I'm stuck with the broken strap and hope it won't give out completely. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I contacted the company and they sent a replacement but allowed me to keep the old one as well. You get to keep BOTH of them😊. Please let me know if the same is true for you.

Sent from Sandra's iPhone
Best Answer