Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge band coming apart

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I purchased my Surge in December of 2015. I haven't had it for a whole year yet and the top part of my watch has come undone and now there is a medium sized air bubble on the lower front right side of the watch. I love my surge and have zero complaints about the watch itself only wish the band wasn't falling apart. Any advice on what can be done to fix the issue?

Thank you! 🙂
Best Answer
115 REPLIES 115
Yeah but they both are broken. So I have 2 surges that are worthless.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

K5Blke contact Customer Support and they will send you a replacement Surge (not just the band).  And the good news is that you get to keep both products.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased my original Surge from Amazon.  Luckily I also purchased the 2 year warranty plan. If I have any other issues with my Surge I'm going to return it to Amazon for a full refund (which I can do if it's less than 2 years.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I received my first Fitbit Surge for Christmas 2015.  After several months, the band cracked near the attachement to the face.  At that time I received a replacement Fitbit Surge.  That one lasted several more months before the band started delaminating near the face, as well as develope an air bubble below the face (on right side) just like described in another discussion.  I am about to receive yet another replacement Surge.

My concern is this will be my 3rd Fitbit Surge in less than a year!  I am fairly confident I will experience similar problems with the 3rd Fitbit Surge.  I am also confident the fitbit will be out of warranty before this band fails.  I will not spend 5 cents to replace an inferior product.  They refuse to admit their are inherent quality problems with their products.  A search reveals that these are not uncommon problems.

Yes-I agree customer service is great, but only because they have the oppurtunities because of all the failure problems.  Fitbit is at least smart enough not to argue with their disapointing performance issues.  Very unlikey to spend another nickel on any Fitbit product in the future.  Many options exist other than Fitbit, and I for one will excersize my options!

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer
Yes
This company will fail. Customers will remeber the quality or lack thereof long after they forget the price
They have a huge problem that they seem to refuse to address Since they have a narrow product assortment it only magnifies the problem
Best Answer

My band came apart after 6 months. The same thing happened with my Charge HR. Having had this experience before, I was hoping the Surge would be better. I was careful to not stress the area between the tracker and the band when cleaning or charging my new Surge. But, the same thing happened.

I called Fitbit CS to make a warranty claim and they were happy to replace it free of charge. But this is a fundamental design flaw that isn't going to change until they re-design the band. I will only get 6 more months of warranty on the replacement Surge, not the full one-year. Bogus. 

It will be my last Fitbit...

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums and thank you for participating in this tread! We apprecitate the feedback, this has not gone unnoticed and be sure that I will pass this along. 

We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback.

To the members who received a replacement or  the discount option as per our Warranty Policies please know that this is the best option to help you get back on track with the Fitbit family and I'm sure our Customer Support team will be glad to help you with this. I understand you've invested in the Fitbit Family; however, we as any other company have policies to follow through.  While customer satisfaction remains our number one goal, the demands of running a global business require that we enforce our warranty consistently.   

In case that you haven't reached for help, I recommend to contact our Customer Support team via email here or you can call or chat  (877) 623-4997 between the hours of 4am-8pm PST Mon-Fri and 6am-5pm PST on weekends. I am sure they will be more than glad to further assist you.

If you have already contacted our Customer Support team and you're awaiting for a response, you can refresh your case by contacting them again; please do keep me posted on the outcome.

If there any questions present, please let me know and I'll be around! Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

So just keep marketing a flawed product? How do you think people are
to accept a 30% discount for a proven flawed product?

I'm on my 3rd Fitbit within the first year, do you truly really expect me to
spend another dime on a product which has proven itself to be flawed?

Moderator edit: word choice

Best Answer
It's is apparent they do. Wonder if Wall Street knows just how bad the product is. Obviously they would care more than Fitbit appears to

Sent from my iPhone Janet
Best Answer
Your warranty is based off of the fact that your product is gonna break anyways. Your policy that gives 30% percent off the next product people buy that's also going to break just makes your customers spend more money. Your products are not supposed to break within a year or 2 or 3 for that matter. It's poor company policy to be ok with a defective product and angry customers. There are plenty of other trackers that can help keep your "Fitbit family" on track that will last longer than a 2-3 years. Maybe your design teams need to fix the problems a little faster before your Fitbit family doesn't exist anymore. Then replace your defective products with ones that won't break after a month. Thats if you actually cared about your Fitbit family.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

To update my original post from October 17, 2016.  EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED in FITBIT's lack of response.  Not that this really suprised me after reading all the horror stories about the design flaw.  So I am now using rubber bands to secure the fitbit to my wrist.  So far so good, after lots of trial & error (actually weeks) to find what would work.  I get questioned quite often as to why I have that rubber band over my watch.  I am only to happy to explain that it is a fitbit costing $250 with a major design flaw that fitbit has failed to address.  Maybe this rubber band solution will be of help to another community member.  Maybe fitbit designers can finally figure it out, because I did.  

Best Answer

How do I obtain a band for my surge that is a year and a half old and what is the cost? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Spoiler
I have had my Surge for less than a year this is the replacement for my band bubling up and coming apart...Now it is happening again with this Surge help please!!!I would very much like a solution to this issue other than that Im happy with the watchSurge band.jpg
Spoiler

Best Answer
0 Votes
It's a poorly made product. They know it and still replace with bad quality. They will replace it if you call and ask. But you will get more of the same

Best Answer
Try this number
<>(877) 623-4997
<>
Best Answer
0 Votes

This has happened to my band. I can't find my receipt, it's under a year old. Will they replace without one? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I bought mine through Amazon. When I called Fitbit, they seemed to have
known how old it is.
Sharon
Best Answer
Yes they will
Best Answer
Just call customer service. They usually can help. Don't let them offer you a new one for 25 % off. They have a quality problem that customers keep paying

Best Answer
0 Votes
I called customer service and they were very helpful and resolved my issues.
Best Answer