Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge wrong time

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Surge is showing wrong time, not by an hour like a wrong time zone, but randomly 23 minutes out right now. How do I set correct time again?

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

I am having the same issue with my Surge.  Does anyone know how to fix?

Best Answer

Hey guys @4755 and @CaptAndy it is good to see you around the Community! Smiley Happy This could be related to a syncing issue. But don't worry, let me suggest you to take a look of @AlejandraFitbit posts which have instructions to resolve this if you are using an iOS device or review this post if you are using an Android phone

Let me know if that works guys! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

I am baffled at how stupid I was to buy a watch that needs to be plugged in every 2 days, and that it goes off time without notice.  How dumb are the fitbit programmers that they don't have a sync button on the home page.  

Moderator edit: word choice 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @JREwing, welcome to the forums! When you say that the sync button isn't on the home page, what exactly do you mean? 'Cause on the tracker itself, no, there is no sync button, you can find it on the Fitbit app or on your computer. Now regarding the battery, if it is draining in a couple of days, I suggest you to take a look of the steps on this post to maximize the battery life of your Surge. So follow them and let me know. 😉 

Have a great day! 

Best Answer

I am not very impressed with Fitbit surge, I hope I make that very obvious to people wanting a device that works.  Either I forget to charge it, or it stays on the charger for days.  Either way, it has become useless.

As far as the Dashboard.., my dashboard.., I just don't understand why there isn't a "SYNC" button right there, bigger than Stuttgart, for those of us who don't travel with the dongle that came in the box.  The charging cord is unique to this device and it is usually at a home.  For those of us who travel a lot, after 2 days travel, you have a useless piece of plastic around your wrist.

Again, the engineers really made sure that this device will fail sooner, rather than later.  Will fail as Macintosh (think about that). Iphone 7 or Iwatch, pass!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @JREwing, I hope you are doin' well! Because Fitbit knows that, some of the users don't have access to a computer every single time, as they have access to their phones, you have the option to sync with a compatible mobile device. Now regarding the battery, if it is draining in a couple of days, then definitely there is something wrong with it so I suggest you to get in touch with Fitbit Support directly and explain them what is going on with your Surge and what you have done so far to try to fix it. 

Let me know the outcome! 

Best Answer

Got back from vacation.  Forgot to bring charger,  ran it dead.  Charged it up back at home.  Watch is still on vacation time.  Synced it many time.  Powered it down and turned back on and synced.  Got into the advanced setting.  Put in Central time and resynced it.  Still in left coast time.  App says it is syncing.  Oh it is a Surge.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @OldChuck, welcome to the Community! Smiley Happy I appreciate the steps you tried to fix the timezone on your Fitbit Surge. Let me ask you this, when you set the correct timezone, did it return to the previous one or did it stay? If it returned to the previous one, make sure to set the correct timezone again and set it up as a new device. 

Let me know the outcome! 

Best Answer
SO some guy named Santi - i.e., "Fitbit community" removed my post because it violated rules.

here is the deal with my Surge Fitbit. It goes dead in less than 2 days, which to me is basically a useless tool (I hope this fact passes the community police).

The Surge also has a special charger which is not common so if you leave it at home as we all do and you spend an overnighter.., then your Surge will just be a black band on your wrist. Again, useless tool.

When it goes dead, you can't just plug it into the device that you utilized to synchronize as the Fitbit designers made it to be Bluetoothed in. This may be a good thing for some, but it goes against common computing and systems finding devices automatically that are plugged in. We that are in the know, value security and as such turn off Bluetooth and some wireless devices when not in use.

I hope this note passes the community watchers whom seem to believe that I along with my friends are snowflakes and need safe spaces. I don't like my Fitbit Surge and that is what I tell my friends. Charging a watch just goes against the old Timex., took a beating and kept on ticking. Surge is not a Timex, and that is the truth.
Best Answer
0 Votes

FitBit hasn't gotten the memo because its been over 2 years and no updates to Sync time. 

There should be a sync button on the "Dashboard" and its non-existent.  Not hard to do for your average writer of code, and yet these moderators are more concerned with what is or isn't "inflammatory".  There is a question that asks "do you need information on syncing".  How about putting a button there that automatically does the syncing Fitbit?

Fix the battery on the Fitbit, make a common charger for watch, and make the sync button user friendly.  There are many companies who have gone BANKRUPT because they didn't listen to the customer.

We all don't like to Bluetooth into the device, some still love Plug and Play.  Imagine that.

Best Answer
0 Votes