Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Fitness Pal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have followed all of hte instructions listed her (disconnect/ reconnect) but my steps aren't coming from FitBit to My Fitness Pal.  Any ideas?  

Best Answer
109 REPLIES 109
My Fitness Pal (mfp) is telling me my fit bit is unable to be linked as my fit bit is synced to another mfp account. I only have one mfp account. I've tried revoking access installing uninstalling etc with no result. I've tried contacting fit bit customer support through chat with no support (after I've explained the problem each time the person says "I'll have a look into it" and then we suspiciously seem to get disconnected with me having to re explain the problem all over again). A large number of people have the same problem I've seen on other threads. Anyone been able to resolve this issue? Fit bit techs if you're here can you please help?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Organicjen. It's great to have you here. Thank you for your efforts while trying to resolve this issue before contacting us. Please try the following steps:

- Go to MyFitnessPal apps

- Select "Get" from the "Fitbit Tracker" option

app.jpg

- Choose "Deny"

MFP.jpg

- Check out if the app has been unlinked from your Fitbit account by going to your online Dashboard > Applications

- Then, try again to link your two accounts.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

I moved this thread tot he Third-Party Integrations board because it's more related to the topic. Catch you later. Smiley Very Happy 

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
Hey. Thanks for getting back. I've done the above steps and a green box cones up stating that my fit bit is connected to another my fitness pal account and that it can only be connected to one my fitness pal account. I've tried revoking the access through fit bit and through my fitness pal and then relining but the same thing happens. I only have one my fitness pal account and my fit bit was brand new when I bought it so I don't know how it can already be linked to another my fitness pal account. If you could help in some way that would be great.
Best Answer

Thanks for the update and for your patience while dealing with this situation @Organicjen. In this case it could be a good idea reaching out MyFitnessPal Customer Support. They might be able to check out why it shows that you have two accounts with them and may allow access to the right account.

Keep up the super stepping. Cat Happy

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Is there anyway for the Fit bit techs to see what my fit bit is linked to? (I could then take these details to my fitness pal techs for assistance) I have only ever had one my fitness pal account and my fit bit has only ever been owned and used by me. It appears that others have had this same problem see:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10126506/mfp-fitbit-linking-problem-so-frustratred

I can't see how my fitness pal would be able to help me. How can I ask them about a second account I have absolutely no details for? Has anyone ever had a solution to this issue?
Best Answer

@Organicjen You can see the email address of the account you are linking by doing the process above and checking the section "Logged in as". There is actually no other option to see what email address is linked to your account.

email.jpg

Please confirm if you have clicked "Disconnect" as shown in the screen shot below:

Disconnect.jpg

If the above still doesn't resolve the issue please be so kind to provide me with a screen shot of the message you are receiving that your Fitbit is synced to another MFP account.

Looking forward to your new comments. Robot Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there, I was able to get onto tech support at MFP who fixed the issue for me. I've now been able to link my fit bit to MFP! Thanks so much for all of your help. The tech support (although through chat was not helpful) through this thread has been very supportive. MFP also offered excellent assistance so thank you!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Those are great news @Organicjen. I'm glad to hear that you are now back on track.

On another note, you are welcome to visit the Discussions board. You could find interesting topics to join and discuss out there.

Hope to see you around more often. Man Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just recently bought the Fitbit Alta and am having this exact same issue! Any news on when it will be sorted?

Best Answer

This STILL is not working for me! I have tried literally EVERY fix listed in this thread - it really irritating!! 😐 Ive moved over from Garmin and am regretting that!

Best Answer

I have been able to successfully sync the information from MFP to my fitbit account however, the fitbit information is not being logged with MFP.

I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the apps, uninstalling and reinstalling both app, in addition to trying to fix the issue while logged onto my accounts online at my desktop. 

Fitbit is still receiving information from MFP in regards to calorie consumption but nothing from Fitbit is syncing with MFP. Now when I check the fitbit application settings it no longer says that myfitnesspal is an authorized app and won't let me add it. Help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had the sand problem
Contacted mfp and they confirmed there was a problem. I am now back on.
If you are still having issues

Disconnect on your MFP via website, then disconnect on your fitbit website account

Re connect then via your MFP account on website
Best Answer
0 Votes
My 'Fitbit calorie adjustment' isn't showing on MyFitnessPal even though they are linked - does anyone know how to fix this?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Cbonneyx

Have moved this thread from the Charge HR to the Third-Party Integrations section to increase the chance of getting a solution.

Your post will get more attention here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Every now and then, my MFP says '0 tracker steps '

I have dsconected my acounts and revoked access etc. Then re connected then, still no change.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Daniiin_n

Have moved this thread from the Alta to the Third-Party Integrations section to increase the chance of getting a solution.

Your post will get more attention here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi - just wondering if there is anyone else having issues with fitbit exercise syncing properly to mfp? I worked out this a.m. and burned 311 calories, but MFP is only showing a calorie burn of 143 calories. The same thing happened yesterday. Any ideas?

TIA...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same thing here for the last two days
Best Answer
0 Votes
Same here!! It is so frustrating. I tried all suggestions from mfp to fix but all have failed. Now I am having issues trying to reconnect mfp to Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes