Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App that syncs Fitbit and Samsung S Health

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fit and Healthy

I have created an app that imports and exports Fitbit step counts, body weight, body fat%, height (and BMI), calories burnt, distance, stairs climbed, heart rate, and sleep start/end times into Samsung S Health.  The app is called "Fit and Healthy" and is available from the Google Play store for Android.  The app accepts a date range to sync.

Importing and exporting of body fat%, height/BMI, calories burnt, distance, heart rate and sleep start/end times require the purchase of an upgrade pack to the base app.  Steps can be imported and exported for free as can body weight import.

The app adds a "tile" to the S Health screen where the latest Fitbit step count can be seen.  Clicking the tile leads to a history graph split into daily, monthly and total history views.  By using the "Source data" menu, the app graphs the Fitbit tracker, your other devices or a combination. Both step counts and weight trends can be viewed in the history graph.

The app can be set to automatically sync every 15 minutes, hourly, 6 hourly, half-day, daily or weekly. The background synchronisation schedule can be set so that the app downloads at a certain time of day (for example, during the waking hours, while exercising or in the off-peak hours).

On first use, the app will ask for permission to read and write from S Health and Fitbit.  Your Fitbit password will be entered into the fitbit.com site on your phone's browser - the app cannot see your Fitbit user id or password.

Next up, I plan to add the importing exercises and food intake.  Other devices are a little further down the track.

This app has been approved by Samsung as a partner app for S Health.  It can be found in S Health, under Partner apps in the fitness category.

I wrote the app as I noticed that there wasn't a way to have the data from my Fitbit Aria weight scale show up in S Health on my Samsung Galaxy phone.  On search, it looked like people have been asking for a feature like this for 2 years (since 2014).

I am looking for feedback on what to improve, features to add and especially bug reports.  The app contains a menu where I can be emailed privately and a discussion group set up to publically talk/complain about the app.

The app can be downloaded and installed from this link in the Play Store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jsonlo.fitandhealthy

If you have the google play store installed on your phone, the Fit and Healthy app can be opened from this link:

market://details?id=com.jsonlo.fitandhealthy

I am available and will respond to any queries in this thread or the discussion group:

https://groups.google.com/d/forum/fitandhealthy

Best Answer
216 REPLIES 216

App works great.. only problem is It hasn't updated the steps in the weekly challenges with other people on the fitbit app... any fix for this please?

Best Answer

Just downloaded your app and I will be happy to provide feedback when I have used it some.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just downloaded your app. Feedback to come. Cat Embarassed

Best Answer
0 Votes
The sync  interface is somewhat confusing. Enhancements to this app are relatively expensive. It works but it is certainly not a seamless interface.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am getting error that continues to pop up saying need permission to sync with shealth. I have check shealth the app fit and healthy is in my apps. What do you think the issue is??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you have to have a Fitbit for this to work? I made an account without putting a Fitbit on my account. Can S Health still export my steps to Fitbit that will count in challenges?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can I pay a single fee to unlock all of the features of this app, or do I have to unlock each individual component?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sterlinghawk wrote:

Does this tool upload into Fitbit

Yes, the app refers to uploads as "Exporting"

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bradt89 wrote:

App works great.. only problem is It hasn't updated the steps in the weekly challenges with other people on the fitbit app... any fix for this please?

Unfortunately challenges and leaderboards cannot be undertaken by users of third-party apps like Fit and Healthy.  The exported steps do not count towards Fitbit challenges.

Best Answer

@Matt_HTX wrote:

I am getting error that continues to pop up saying need permission to sync with shealth. I have check shealth the app fit and healthy is in my apps. What do you think the issue is??

There is currently a bug in today's version of S Health where Sleep is shown as "not available in your country".  Samsung have acknowledged this as a bug and will fix it in the next version of S Health.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mhcb1404 wrote:

Do you have to have a Fitbit for this to work? I made an account without putting a Fitbit on my account. Can S Health still export my steps to Fitbit that will count in challenges?

It can export steps to the Fitbit account but they will not count towards challenges.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Slinky_James wrote:

Can I pay a single fee to unlock all of the features of this app, or do I have to unlock each individual component?

There isn't a bundle pack available at this time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My wife has a FitBit and I have a Samsung S2 - I already had a FitBit account but without adding a FitBit device, when I log into my FitBit account it does not show steps. I attached my wife FitBit to my account and then it shows steps, how can I get the steps to show without having the device attached to my account?

BTW: I've known about this product for a while but just purchased the export option since that was missing when you first created this app. Nice job.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too I really would like to compete with friends on Fitbit.... My husband bought my the gear S2...so I don't want to buy a Fitbit since that does a lot more..... So that would be awesome if the step could go from SHealth to Fitbit.....

Best Answer
0 Votes

I really really want that also, I want to compete my steps with my friend that has Fitbit....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Guys, these two big corporation didn't listen. Its over year and no resolution yet. Luckily, some developer Jason lo listen to our pain and created an app . Fit and Healthly from google play store here is link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jsonlo.fitandhealthy

This is how it work. It download data from fitbit dashboard and sync with samsung health. Process is easy. It allow to sync beyond steps but those are paid feature. Like if you want to sync sleep data then to unlock the feature you have to pay $4.5 .

I was happy syncing my steps.

Enjoy and if you like my post please give thumbs up 

Best Answer
I did download this app.... But I want the app to go from SHealth to Fitbit
so my steps upload there and be able to compete with my friends.... So not
working for me yet..... But thank you I know Jason is working hard to
help....
Best Answer

OMG thank you for developing this app!!  

I have a Samsung S7  edge and I was going crazy trying to sync my new Gear S3 with fitbit Aria scale, and especially MyFitnessPal.

Since I have a charge HR my fitbit app had no problem adding the Aria and syncing with MFP. Adding the Gear S3 and Samsung Health made the mix impossible it seemed.  Then I found this thread when looking for a solution.

I downloaded the Fit and Healthy app followed instructions and voila it works great.

Gear S3 is sync in SHealth.  

SHealth exports steps to Fitbit app.

Fitbit app exports steps to MFP.

I enter meals in MFP.

MFP exports meal calories to Fitbit app, who in turn exports it to SHealth.

Fitbit app sends weight from Aria to both MFP and SHealth. 

Win - win - win - all this with the free version of the Fit and Healthy app. I might upgrade once I have used it for a while to see if there are features I want to import/export to all the above.

Note: not sure if it has been mentioned but keeping my old Charger HR on my devices in the fitbit app eventhough I'm not using it allows the steps from my Gear S3 to be sent to fitbit app and in turn to MFP 🙂

I entered positive review in the play store.

Best Answer

Hello,

I'm trying to use your app, but it doesn't appear that anything is happening. I don't want to mistakenly, or inadvertently erase my existing fitbit data. Please advise.

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am Fred S, and I didn't write this post. Must be two of us with the same
user name.

--

*-- Fred S. --*
Best Answer
0 Votes