Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App that syncs Fitbit and Samsung S Health

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fit and Healthy

I have created an app that imports and exports Fitbit step counts, body weight, body fat%, height (and BMI), calories burnt, distance, stairs climbed, heart rate, and sleep start/end times into Samsung S Health.  The app is called "Fit and Healthy" and is available from the Google Play store for Android.  The app accepts a date range to sync.

Importing and exporting of body fat%, height/BMI, calories burnt, distance, heart rate and sleep start/end times require the purchase of an upgrade pack to the base app.  Steps can be imported and exported for free as can body weight import.

The app adds a "tile" to the S Health screen where the latest Fitbit step count can be seen.  Clicking the tile leads to a history graph split into daily, monthly and total history views.  By using the "Source data" menu, the app graphs the Fitbit tracker, your other devices or a combination. Both step counts and weight trends can be viewed in the history graph.

The app can be set to automatically sync every 15 minutes, hourly, 6 hourly, half-day, daily or weekly. The background synchronisation schedule can be set so that the app downloads at a certain time of day (for example, during the waking hours, while exercising or in the off-peak hours).

On first use, the app will ask for permission to read and write from S Health and Fitbit.  Your Fitbit password will be entered into the fitbit.com site on your phone's browser - the app cannot see your Fitbit user id or password.

Next up, I plan to add the importing exercises and food intake.  Other devices are a little further down the track.

This app has been approved by Samsung as a partner app for S Health.  It can be found in S Health, under Partner apps in the fitness category.

I wrote the app as I noticed that there wasn't a way to have the data from my Fitbit Aria weight scale show up in S Health on my Samsung Galaxy phone.  On search, it looked like people have been asking for a feature like this for 2 years (since 2014).

I am looking for feedback on what to improve, features to add and especially bug reports.  The app contains a menu where I can be emailed privately and a discussion group set up to publically talk/complain about the app.

The app can be downloaded and installed from this link in the Play Store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jsonlo.fitandhealthy

If you have the google play store installed on your phone, the Fit and Healthy app can be opened from this link:

market://details?id=com.jsonlo.fitandhealthy

I am available and will respond to any queries in this thread or the discussion group:

https://groups.google.com/d/forum/fitandhealthy

Best Answer
216 REPLIES 216

Is there any possibility of being able export step data to fitbit that is older than 30 days?

Best Answer
0 Votes

great app! just downloaded and was able to sync my gear s3 to fitbit!

Best Answer

@da020438 wrote:

Is there any possibility of being able export step data to fitbit that is older than 30 days?

S Health automatically archives step data that is older than 30 days.  There isn't a way to stop the archiving process yet.

The history graph in Fit and Healthy shows the archived data in the "historical" tab.  The data that hasn't yet been archived is in the Daily and Monthly tabs.

In the future, I will try to get Fit and Healthy to read from the archive and export it to Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Firstly, thank you for the app.  I have set it all up but as of yet I haven't been able to get any of my steps from my Gear S2/S Health to Fitbit.  I have selected "Export step count to Fitbit" in the Data Synch menu and selected my Gear S2 in the "Export step data from device" setting.

Am I missing anything?  When I press sync it just seems to pause on the "Sync in progress screen".  Do I need to do anything else?

Thanks again

David

Best Answer

After the "Sync in progress" prompt, you should see a "Exported steps 2016-12-07" prompt.  If you are not seeing this, check that the S2 has been synced with S Health.  Double check the date range in the Fit and Healthy app has been set to today's date.

Also check that you have selected to "Overwrite" and not "Skip" in the settings screen.

Lastly, you must have a Fitbit tracker connected to your Fitbit account.

You can use the "Email feedback" option or the support forum for a faster response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It would be nice if the transfer of data went the other way.  I would like to be able to use the smart watch as my activity tracker and update my fitbit account.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The app does do this.  I have had several 'Walking' and 'Running' activities recored on my Gear S2 uploaded to my Fitbit account.  Check the export settings in the Fit and Healthy app.

I have an issue whereby even though these activities are being logged on my Fitbit my Vitality insurance still isn't picking it up.  Hey ho.  One of those things I guess.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you all for your support so far.  I enjoy reading your comments, suggestions, complaints and answering your questions.

Best Answer

Did manage to get your s gear data into Vitality ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope, you can't. Vitality exclude any data that hasn't been created by the FitBit app itself. Same as every other app. I ended up giving up in trying to do it! 

Best Answer

Thank you for prompt reply. But that is sad. It means we dont get to choose the device we want but Vitality dictates it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great app,  just wanted to know if you have an option to pay for all the features and do you have a floor climbed transfer future? That would be cool 

Best Answer

By any chance is it yet possible to sync steps from s health over to fitbit leaderboards?

Best Answer

Love this!!! But can u get the app to integrate with the fitbit challenges? As I can't decide for my friends to all have a Samsung device but still want to challenge them as this is a great motivator for me to get healthy which is one of the reasons to use these apps for motivation to get healthier!

Best Answer

Why can't I see the steps in my fitbit app? I want the steps from my S Health to show up in fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Guayaco36 wrote:

Great app,  just wanted to know if you have an option to pay for all the features and do you have a floor climbed transfer future? That would be cool 

I'll look into it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Glascomms wrote:

By any chance is it yet possible to sync steps from s health over to fitbit leaderboards?

No chance - Fitbit leaderboards work only with Fitbit devices.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gqlamar wrote:

Why can't I see the steps in my fitbit app? I want the steps from my S Health to show up in fitbit

To see steps in the Fitbit app, a Fitbit device has to be connected to the Fitbit account.  See the answer for "Does the Fitbit app track my steps and activities automatically if I'm not using a tracker?"

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1347 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have purchased the Samsung Gear S3 and it works well with my iphone.  Are there any apps that you're aware of that will export S3 S Health information to Fitbit account that will work on my iphone?  Thanx in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does this tool upload into Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes